New Manager

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Locked
User avatar
sanddevil-temp
Gold Member
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:00 pm
Location: Fulham. Or is it Hammersmith? West London any road.
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by sanddevil-temp » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:51 pm

Richard Ingham wrote:As nice a bloke as Meechan is, I would hope he is only being given an interview out of courtesy and isn't in any serious way a proper candidate for the job.
So the question is, if he doesn't get the job, what can the club do with him? It's patently obvious he isn't good enough to play at this level, and I can't imagine a new manager will want him as his right-hand man. Nor will we be able to pay him off. So he becomes Barrow's Winston Bogarde and kicks his heels? Maybe loan him out? :D
Me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/badzillacouk
Creator and developer of the extremely annoying Barrow AFC Twitter Bot https://twitter.com/BarrowAFCbot

User avatar
frankums
Senior Member
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 7:04 pm
Location: St Ives | England
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by frankums » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:54 pm

Barrowabc wrote:I just hope who ever is going to be our new manager
Knows what he's doing and drags us up from where we are now :shock:
From what I hear it's been painfull watching :(
I hope this changes as we can't get any worse can we :roll:
It doesn't rhyme.
Cambridge branch

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11316
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by McMark » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:30 pm

frankums wrote:
Barrowabc wrote:I just hope who ever is going to be our new manager
Knows what he's doing and drags us up from where we are now :shock:
From what I hear it's been painfull watching :(
I hope this changes as we can't get any worse can we :roll:
It doesn't rhyme.
but that's no crime!
With barrowabc and BAFC your a winner every time. ;)

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11316
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

John Cornforth Manager

Post by McMark » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:04 pm

The things you do on your days off!! Though I had heard of John Cornforth, I hadn't heard much about John Cornforth, so after research on the magic box I was both surprised and impressed by some of the things people say of him. Maybe this dark horse will renew our affiliation to the north east.

K-Man
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5104
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 10:20 pm
Location: Qatar
Contact:

Re: John Cornforth Manager

Post by K-Man » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:21 pm

Coolio

Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts: 4100
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Failsworth, Manchester
Contact:

Re: John Cornforth Manager

Post by Bingo » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:53 pm

So has this guy been appointed or is this just another pointless new thread

Si_Nichols
Veteran Member
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:45 pm
Location: Lancaster
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by Si_Nichols » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:14 pm

sanddevil-temp wrote:
Richard Ingham wrote:As nice a bloke as Meechan is, I would hope he is only being given an interview out of courtesy and isn't in any serious way a proper candidate for the job.
So the question is, if he doesn't get the job, what can the club do with him? It's patently obvious he isn't good enough to play at this level, and I can't imagine a new manager will want him as his right-hand man. Nor will we be able to pay him off. So he becomes Barrow's Winston Bogarde and kicks his heels? Maybe loan him out? :D
He could be a good fit for the Bluey suit

K_BFC
Gold Member
Posts: 2071
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 8:09 pm
Location: At home in Barrow
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by K_BFC » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:52 pm

spirit of 1990 wrote:One thing them stats probably do show is that as a club we're always going to struggle with league form over a longer period no matter what division we're in.
I agree with that.

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7480
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: John Cornforth Manager

Post by Wintergreen » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:11 am

Bingo wrote:So has this guy been appointed or is this just another pointless new thread
Posted by a brash new kid shootin from the hip and givin it all that (doin crab nipper motion)

I've told him once - I'm doing the spoof managerial announcements. Kids nowadays eh?
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

Kieran
Gold Member
Posts: 2224
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by Kieran » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:00 pm

K_BFC wrote:
spirit of 1990 wrote:One thing them stats probably do show is that as a club we're always going to struggle with league form over a longer period no matter what division we're in.
I agree with that.
Why is that though?

It's becauae as a club we've never been able to see past the end of our own nose, and have in the main stumbled from crisis to crisis with no forward thinking or long-term planning. Yes there have been brief highs, but thats all they were ever going to be as the way the club is and has been run is never going to be sustainable long-term.

It doesn't have to continue like that though, the club and area is big enough to support better. I'm not sure this board is any more capable of delivering it than any of the others though.

Lowe would be a very disappointing appointment for me and a clear indication that nothing is going to change.

Hadrian
Platinum Member
Posts: 4751
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by Hadrian » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:50 pm

I tend to agree with both views here, up to a point.

Trouble is that when you are faced with crisis management the focus is always going to be on the day-to-day survival issues and the medium and long-term are going to appear to be less urgent priorities. And so it continues.

The one bright spot is that there are now more groups of people involved in aspects of the club's life which, ultimately should ease the day-to-day load on what I would hope will become an extended board, allowing them to concentrate on a more strategic and managerial approach. To achieve this further volunteers are required to participate actively in Barrow AFC and some committed people need to consider puttting themselves forward to be additional directors.
THE NORTHERN WAY

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9884
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by spirit of 1990 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:56 pm

Hadrian wrote:and some committed people need to consider puttting themselves forward to be additional directors.
I think it's plain for all to see the difference Peter has made, trouble is he seems to be running up his own arse at present as he has that much on the go. Imagine another two or three people with his enthusiasm on the board.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

whitty1969
Platinum Member
Posts: 2937
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by whitty1969 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:03 pm

You are right ian, Get on it ;) We need more fans on the board.

Back to the manager thread. David Flitcroft sacked by Barnsley today, His No 2 is Micky Mellon who is in temp charge.

New Manager comes in, Micky Mellon now looking for a job ? What a coup that would be, Guess our budget would make him laugh though

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11316
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: John Cornforth Manager

Post by McMark » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:09 pm

Wintergreen wrote:
Bingo wrote:So has this guy been appointed or is this just another pointless new thread
Posted by a brash new kid shootin from the hip and givin it all that (doin crab nipper motion)

I've told him once - I'm doing the spoof managerial announcements. Kids nowadays eh?
:shock: Point of order, Mr Wintergreen, Mrs Bingo, (sorry if its Mr but Bingo is for Ladies after all!!). I was merely voicing my opinion on one of our potential managerial candidates. If your minds led you to imply otherwise that is by no way any fault of myself sirs.
Spoof material indeed how very dare you!! :sentoff:

(Adjudicators, As my topic is Barrow football related surely it belongs with the other related posts not other stuff. Please could you oblige!)

User avatar
DaveC
Platinum Member
Posts: 2929
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 9:04 am
Contact:

Re: John Cornforth Manager

Post by DaveC » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:37 pm

Mrs Bingo? Charlie's gonna get ya! :D
Dave C

Keep asking questions, don't eat the bullshit!

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: barrow1987, Matt and 26 guests