New Manager

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Locked
User avatar
Thelandlord
Senior Member
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:53 pm
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by Thelandlord » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:08 pm

Edmo calling us c%*ts on his twitter page

Chris Benoit
Gold Member
Posts: 1768
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:51 pm
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by Chris Benoit » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:09 pm

TWO PEOPLE! TWO PEOPLE ACTUALLY THINK THAT IS DARREN EDMONDSON ON TWITTER!

Strewth!
Steve Herbert supports the nob theory - Saturday 4th February 2012.

If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.

User avatar
Cokey
Platinum Member
Posts: 3346
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:49 pm
Location: 7 minutes from greatness
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by Cokey » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:11 pm

I'll be very disappointed if either Alex Meechan or Darren Edmondson get the job.

User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by Adam29 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:12 pm

If it is edmondson then I will give him a chance to prove himself and he will get my support.
Just because a manager at one team is doing poorly at one club, doesn't mean that he will do so at every team he manages.

Look at Roberto Martinez, yes he won the fa cup but that came at the expense of his league place, I had a similar argument with an Everton fan when he took the job there who ranted that he's a poor choice as Wigan were relegated and that Everton would be one of the favourites to go down because of his appointment.

Early days but he's not doing too bad is he.

Point being that maybe edmondson will thrive in a different environment.

It's a gamble yes but if he is our new leader he needs our support

As for the twitter account, can people look up parody in a dictionary...
Last edited by Adam29 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Richard Ingham
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5115
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Chorley
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by Richard Ingham » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:13 pm

Thelandlord wrote:Edmo calling us c%*ts on his twitter page
It is a parody account, I wouldn't take that too seriously.

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by spirit of 1990 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:20 pm

Cokey wrote:I'll be very disappointed if either Alex Meechan or Darren Edmondson get the job.
Be prepared to be disappointed.

I woke up this morning with these song lyrics whirling around my head (I'm not joking!!)

"I can't believe the news today, oh I can't close my eyes & make it go away"

After about five minutes I realised how cruel my mind was being!!
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

User avatar
Cokey
Platinum Member
Posts: 3346
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:49 pm
Location: 7 minutes from greatness
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by Cokey » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:24 pm

spirit of 1990 wrote:
Cokey wrote:I'll be very disappointed if either Alex Meechan or Darren Edmondson get the job.
Be prepared to be disappointed.

I woke up this morning with these song lyrics whirling around my head (I'm not joking!!)

"I can't believe the news today, oh I can't close my eyes & make it go away"

After about five minutes I realised how cruel my mind was being!!
I had a dream last night about being in bat for England against Australia and the Aussies kept dropping easy catches. Rather bizarre!

I think I'd be more (pleasantly) surprised if it isn't one of the two above mentioned names. Surely, surely, surely there must be better candidates who have applied for the job?!

User avatar
Ste Story
BarrowAFC.net Administrator
Posts: 8192
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
Location: Costa Del Barrow
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by Ste Story » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:28 pm

Wintergreen wrote:So the BoDs have managed to head hunt a manager from a team that is worse than us?
Yeah believe it or not the likes of Arsene Wenger, Carlo Ancelotti and Jose Mourinho weren't queuing up to take the job. What do people expect? Why would managers from teams better then us want to come here.

Workington are a pub team that should be kicking around the Evostik somewhere, the fact Edmo has kept them within touching distance of us is of great credit to himself to be fair. If it is him i hope he'll be given a chance to see what he has to say and what he can do. With any luck he'd bring Skelts and Jo Jackson down with him too 8-)
:scarf:
Ste Story | Professional Website & Graphic Design in Barrow - www.stephenstory.co.uk

User avatar
Ste Story
BarrowAFC.net Administrator
Posts: 8192
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
Location: Costa Del Barrow
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by Ste Story » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:30 pm

Eric Cartman wrote:TWO PEOPLE! TWO PEOPLE ACTUALLY THINK THAT IS DARREN EDMONDSON ON TWITTER!

Strewth!
:lol: For [SwearFilter] sake...
:scarf:
Ste Story | Professional Website & Graphic Design in Barrow - www.stephenstory.co.uk

rockerlad workington
Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:43 pm
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by rockerlad workington » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:49 pm

Pub team ha ha barrow is the only pub team in this league. Finally found your true level.

Richard Ingham
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5115
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Chorley
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by Richard Ingham » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:53 pm

Perhaps Rockerlad, but which league have you played in these last few years and never been higher than since your league days ended?

User avatar
barrowfan_chris
Platinum Member
Posts: 3509
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:44 pm
Location: The Former Republic of Barrovia.
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by barrowfan_chris » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:55 pm

rockerlad workington wrote:Pub team ha ha barrow is the only pub team in this league. Finally found your true level.
Must be terrible being a wukkie your one successful trophy run in recent years is the year we won it.

Who is going to want to manage your club??

Jock
Member
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:09 am
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by Jock » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:59 pm

If they appoint Edmondson or Meecham you will probably be not so far wrong rockerlad

russell_anderson
Platinum Member
Posts: 2880
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by russell_anderson » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:17 pm

Cokey wrote:
spirit of 1990 wrote: Be prepared to be disappointed.

I woke up this morning with these song lyrics whirling around my head (I'm not joking!!)

"I can't believe the news today, oh I can't close my eyes & make it go away"

After about five minutes I realised how cruel my mind was being!!
I had a dream last night about being in bat for England against Australia and the Aussies kept dropping easy catches. Rather bizarre!

I think I'd be more (pleasantly) surprised if it isn't one of the two above mentioned names. Surely, surely, surely there must be better candidates who have applied for the job?!
But probably not cheaper!

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7481
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: New Manager

Post by Wintergreen » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:28 pm

Ste Story wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:So the BoDs have managed to head hunt a manager from a team that is worse than us?
Yeah believe it or not the likes of Arsene Wenger, Carlo Ancelotti and Jose Mourinho weren't queuing up to take the job. What do people expect? Why would managers from teams better then us want to come here.
I had in mind the candidates who are currently without a club - but like I said if Emo is the chosen one so be it - give the lad a chance and our full backing. Skelton and Jackson I like the sound of that a lot already.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Klaus Moogintaal II, Matt and 19 guests