boyliegladbach wrote:Same mcwilliams who was in the back 4 that kept 3clean sheets in a row prior to Hednesford.
Why not have a go at burns for letting the corner that went in go straight past him.
Why have a go at Burns, I'm not talking about Burns? Okay Burns is not the player he was last season, he is living on reputation

, happy. Seriously though, I've not heard many moans about Burns even though like everyone he has made mistakes, but every game I hear on the terrace McWilliams this, McWilliams that. From a defensive point of view he has yet to have a convincing game and is being carried. Attacking wise he almost scored twice against Runcorn and missed a sitter in another game, forget which. Put some decent crosses in now and then, but so did former defender Flynn (remember him) when he wasn't sending it into orbit.
I just don't understand why a player that gives real goal scoring opportunities away every game is given the full 90mins every game since his awful debut against Runcorn. If the opposition don't take those chances that's their fault, we get lucky. We also kept a clean sheet against Lowestoft but I recall he ended up on his backside on three occasions presenting them with three goal scoring opportunities. One off the line, another two flashed past the post with the keeper rooted. Wouldn't change a winning team but I think he has been given more than his fair share and his luck ran out the other night, be it a nothing game.
Never saw him then but he was getting fantastic praise in pre-season. He may yet improve and I hope he does, should we go up we'll get slaughtered the way he is playing.
I think something that gets a few people scratching their heads, including myself, is the fact he was signed on a 2 year contract from a team that could not defend. How well did he perform at Stalybridge last season? They are only a few positions worse off from where he left them last season, are they missing him?