Can we win at Worcester Now and predictions

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
K-Man
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5104
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 10:20 pm
Location: Qatar
Contact:

Re: Can we win at Worcester Now and predictions

Post by K-Man » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:56 pm

Roadrunner wrote:
A.B. wrote:3-1 loss
That's always good for moral, a good wedge of optimism, well done.
Why don't you go all the way, go to the Worcester game and support the opposition.
Notice I didn't say anything about coming back! :roll:
This forum is ridiculous. If the lad thinks we'll get beat then that his opinion and he's entitled to it. Whether you agree or not is a different matter.

Roadrunner
Bronze Member
Posts: 765
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Can we win at Worcester Now and predictions

Post by Roadrunner » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:35 pm

KHayman wrote:
Roadrunner wrote: That's always good for moral, a good wedge of optimism, well done.
Why don't you go all the way, go to the Worcester game and support the opposition.
Notice I didn't say anything about coming back! :roll:
This forum is ridiculous. If the lad thinks we'll get beat then that his opinion and he's entitled to it. Whether you agree or not is a different matter.
As you have made three statements I'll answer in order

1. This forum is ridiculous. The forum isn't ridiculous it's some of the people on here!

2. If the lad thinks we'll get beat then that his opinion and he's entitled to it. I agree he is entitled to an opinion

3. you say above he's entitled to his opinion but then you go on to say that whether I agree or not is a different matter. which means I'm not entitled to my opinion

4. See what I mean in when I answered 1
We're all supporters on here. Let's leave the negative comments to the away fans

Kieran
Gold Member
Posts: 2224
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Can we win at Worcester Now and predictions

Post by Kieran » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:00 pm

Some people are way too sensitive. What would be the point of a prediction thread if everybody just predicted we were going to win every game we ever play? Lighten up FFS!

mall
Platinum Member
Posts: 2759
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Can we win at Worcester Now and predictions

Post by mall » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:43 pm

I can see Worcester fighting like tigers after that four nil mauling.With our harder run in I cant see us winning every one of those games after Saturday,but one things for sure,you can bet you're bottom dollar that Filed will.No one will be happier than me if I am wrong,but this is where those stupid losses will come back to bite us on the backside.

Online
User avatar
Jonty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11124
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Can we win at Worcester Now and predictions

Post by Jonty » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:54 pm

Yes we can and we have to. Can't see Fylde dropping too many points on their run in so we really do need to pick up the points Need some big performances from our key players all the way in now.

0-3 and still in our hands.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9884
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Can we win at Worcester Now and predictions

Post by spirit of 1990 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:13 pm

Really not arsed if we win a scrappy 0 - 1 but we cannot (really cannot) hand the initiative back to Fylde within days of them beating Worcester down there. Keep the pressure on them having to win, let them face the prospect of drawing or losing and pretty much dropping out of the title race.

Worcester 0 v 1 Barrow

Ledsham.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11318
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Can we win at Worcester Now and predictions

Post by McMark » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:46 pm

Personally I expect nothing but hope for hell of a lot ;)

Moribund
Platinum Member
Posts: 2686
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Can we win at Worcester Now and predictions

Post by Moribund » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:47 pm

I don't think the trophy game will have any more a bearing than the home 1-0 win against them this season. With injuries, suspensions, players departed etc, they're barely recognisable from the Worcester of the first half of the season.
The biggest factor could be the manner that Fylde took them apart. They'll be even more determined to prove they're not a bad side and probably realise now that for them it's win or season over.
I'm never optimistic, but I think a draw is achievable. Fylde won't win every game either though.

Shakespeare
New Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Can we win at Worcester Now and predictions

Post by Shakespeare » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:04 am

I think we have to forget about goal difference because I can't see us scoring 12 more goals than Fylde by the end of the season (like to be proved wrong of course). As for Worcester I will be happy if we win by the odd goal. Anything else would be a bonus. If we play like we can play and do it for the full match I'd go for 0 - 3 but the problem is inconsistency.

It's simply a case of matching Fylde's results or better for the last few games. So we HAVE to win on saturday.

HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8337
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Can we win at Worcester Now and predictions

Post by HenneysKnee » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:32 am

Worcester 2v1 Barrow (Grand)

Kieran
Gold Member
Posts: 2224
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Can we win at Worcester Now and predictions

Post by Kieran » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:35 am

Shakespeare wrote:
It's simply a case of matching Fylde's results or better for the last few games. So we HAVE to win on saturday.
Its not even a case of that, we can afford to draw Saturday and have it still in our hands. If Fylde win all their games and we draw one and win the rest we're champions.

We're in a fantastic position still but I'm strangely not that confident about the run-in, whether thats nerves or the fact that for the majority of the season we've been unconvincing I'm not sure but probably a bit of both. I do think we've looked like we've got something more about us the last few games and we seem focussed on the task in hand so hopefully that will get us over the line.
Last edited by Kieran on Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Steeley
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5750
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: Can we win at Worcester Now and predictions

Post by Steeley » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:45 am

Worcester 4v1 Barrow
Bish=God

Matty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5367
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: Can we win at Worcester Now and predictions

Post by Matty » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:13 pm

Steeley wrote:Worcester 4v1 Barrow
Yet again more pessimism from our own fans. I think we'll only lose 2-1.
Popular side since '03.

JimmyCrabstick
Gold Member
Posts: 1635
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:09 pm
Location: Thornton-Cleveleys
Contact:

Re: Can we win at Worcester Now and predictions

Post by JimmyCrabstick » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:31 pm

I've got a feeling it will be a draw on Saturday. I think we will draw too many of our remaining games and that will be our downfall. I hope I'm very wrong and we win them all though. I'm also thinking Fylde have probably had their bad spell now and will finish strongly.
Northern Lights, Ormsgill Reservoir Sundown

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: Can we win at Worcester Now and predictions

Post by boyliegladbach » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:52 pm

Of course we can win ther, and we will win there.
If a team like fylde can pit 4 past them we will have no problems .
Looking forward to it , I like Kidderminster.

Post Reply