Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
-
Middleton Nick
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3548
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
- Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
- Contact:
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
After a shakey start and going one down I thought we showed great character to battle back and win.This game could have gone either way and Symington should have put it beyond doubt near the end.However,3 points and a great start to the season. 
- 32mile_cul-de-sac
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2443
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 8:14 pm
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
i will never dis 3 points, hard league but 3 point on the board great start. Well done all at Barrow AFC.
- 32mile_cul-de-sac
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2443
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 8:14 pm
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
yep really don't get any Barrow fan wearing anything other than a Barrow shirt, i am really scratching my head at this.glasgow_blue wrote:On a side note, couldn't believe the amount of people wearing Man U shirts. What the hell is that all about?
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
I think today showed we are going to be in for a tough time this season. Dover must be gutted that they've left with nothing. We played some decent stuff in parts, but were out-run in the centre of the park. No faulting the players effort today, that's what wom us the three points. Onto Grimsby, should be an interesting evening!
#SWB
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
To me it don't take much working out.---They will have watched some of the united game in the boozer, got tanked up=probably heard about the beer tent at H St=a nice sunny warm day=lets go along for a laugh and take the [SwearFilter]=they come unstuck cos we won with a partisan crowd=when the weather closes in later in the year, you know where you will find those that wear the united tops=in the boozer. Simples.32mile_cul-de-sac wrote:yep really don't get any Barrow fan wearing anything other than a Barrow shirt, i am really scratching my head at this.glasgow_blue wrote:On a side note, couldn't believe the amount of people wearing Man U shirts. What the hell is that all about?
(I suppose there very well maybe a couple of genuine ones).
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
Good win after a poor start, yes there is work still to be done and whether that was our best starting line up I'm not so sure, but a win is a win and I'll gladly take the three points.
As for this ongoing moan about people wearing Man U shirts etc, does it really matter? My other half has about 10 or more shirts being England ones but also foreign teams, but he also has three or four barrow ones, doesn't mean he supports barrow any less. Ffs as long as they are at holker St and paying to watch they can come in a bloody Carlisle shirt for all I care
As for this ongoing moan about people wearing Man U shirts etc, does it really matter? My other half has about 10 or more shirts being England ones but also foreign teams, but he also has three or four barrow ones, doesn't mean he supports barrow any less. Ffs as long as they are at holker St and paying to watch they can come in a bloody Carlisle shirt for all I care
everyone is entitled to their opinion, deal with it
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
I would not let them enter the ground.glasgow_blue wrote:On a side note, couldn't believe the amount of people wearing Man U shirts. What the hell is that all about?
- Steeley
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5750
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm
- Location: Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
Travelled from Manchester for the game today and saw more Man Utd shirts in Barrow than ive seen in Manchester for probably the last few weeks!
Onto the game, we were lucky imo, cook won us those points, liked the look of fofana and mellor, we seem to have a more physical side than weve ever had in the conference which is good.
Onto the game, we were lucky imo, cook won us those points, liked the look of fofana and mellor, we seem to have a more physical side than weve ever had in the conference which is good.
Bish=God
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4101
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
Do you honestly think people would pay £14 to go into a beer tent - I don't think it matters what colours they wear - what it does say is we miss a trick on selling merchandisemall wrote:To me it don't take much working out.---They will have watched some of the united game in the boozer, got tanked up=probably heard about the beer tent at H St=a nice sunny warm day=lets go along for a laugh and take the [SwearFilter]=they come unstuck cos we won with a partisan crowd=when the weather closes in later in the year, you know where you will find those that wear the united tops=in the boozer. Simples.32mile_cul-de-sac wrote: yep really don't get any Barrow fan wearing anything other than a Barrow shirt, i am really scratching my head at this.
(I suppose there very well maybe a couple of genuine ones).
I thought we looked nervous today - dover looked good - they played like id like to see us play - really going for - the fans were nervous too today I felt and contributed to fairly flat atmosphere
Edmo will know what's needed in this league now - I think dover will have a good season
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
Was there no half time draw today 
everyone is entitled to their opinion, deal with it
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
Mo was different class today. I thought Mellor tried hard but maybe looked half a yard off the pace. With a bit more match fitness he will be solid. Still a good performance from the lad though, I thought.mall wrote:I would like to have seen the lad Mellor put the same amount of effort in as Mo to help out the front runners but hey, its early doors yet.PRR wrote: Disagree, I thought he looked strong and worked hard.
I wanna take you to an Away Bar
-
Middleton Nick
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3548
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
- Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
- Contact:
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
Yes.Heard the result and the winner to pick up the prize somewhere.One prize.tictactoe wrote:Was there no half time draw today
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
It may be that the Hospice Draw at £5.00 per ticket takes the place of the draw that used to be announced at half time.Graythwaite Nick wrote:Yes.Heard the result and the winner to pick up the prize somewhere.One prize.tictactoe wrote:Was there no half time draw today
The Hospice draw takes place at around 4.00 pm and is announced shortly after.
Would be interested to know how much it made today.
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
I would say that on similar journeys in 1988 I saw the same, and I did.Steeley wrote:Travelled from Manchester for the game today and saw more Man Utd shirts in Barrow than ive seen in Manchester for probably the last few weeks!
.
How do we change it?
I see more Barrow shirts in town then I did then.
It's not a modern thing it's always happened.
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
Just gimme mo fofana.
What a player.
Can't wait till he a fully fit.
Worried about out centre half's.
Get pace running at them and we are in trouble.
What a player.
Can't wait till he a fully fit.
Worried about out centre half's.
Get pace running at them and we are in trouble.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Fazered and 12 guests