Hope you're both wrong. Brilliant cross by Pilks for the goal. We need that quality in this league.chipmunx wrote:i thought that too, the guy could easily have seen red for the tackle, being as he looked like the last man.SKIPPER wrote: Clearly picked up the injury when he was sent tumbling for the booking. Not something he could avoid.
Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
-
ThreeLieIns
- New Member
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:06 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
-
whitty1969
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2937
- Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
Let's not bury our head in the sand.Jim wrote:Edmondson obviously has faith in him and he needs to be given time to settle into the role. I think he is an decent footballer and could well become a star in that position. Give him a break and see how things are after 10 or 12 games.whitty1969 wrote: We need a Right Back urgently. Cowps beaten time and time again, out of position all the time. He is going to cost us a lot of points.
Incidentally, didn't Dover's goal come from the right?
We need a RB. Cowps given 5/10 in non league paper.
Guess reporter was at the same game as me.
Good squad utility player but not a RB.
- barrowfan_chris
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3508
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:44 pm
- Location: The Former Republic of Barrovia.
- Contact:
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
He was awful at RB last season cant believe we let Burns go just to play cowps at right back.
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
-
Middleton Nick
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3548
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
- Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
- Contact:
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
I've just said that to Mr Cassius in general chit chat.barrowfan_chris wrote:He was awful at RB last season cant believe we let Burns go just to play cowps at right back.
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
-
russell_anderson
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2880
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
- Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
I expect they were expecting to sign Matt Young to be the first choice right back and got a last minute shock when he signed for Dover.barrowfan_chris wrote:He was awful at RB last season cant believe we let Burns go just to play cowps at right back.
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
What a great result to start the season. I don't think I've seen a game before where the ball spent more time in the air than on the deck. When we played football we looked quite good.
I'm sure it's been mentioned on here before but what a brilliant tribute to fred else. The piece read out before the minutes applause was brilliant so well done to all involved with that.
I'm sure it's been mentioned on here before but what a brilliant tribute to fred else. The piece read out before the minutes applause was brilliant so well done to all involved with that.
-
GTBLUE
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5238
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
- Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
- Contact:
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
Simon Grand was magnificent. The best player by far. Won every header, every tackle. A great leader. Attitude, commitment, and shows why he's captain.
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
Symington's glaring miss has received a lot of comment and right enough it was a wasted chance. However, in the short time he had I thought he did very well, with three or four sparkling little contributions. It's too early to say how good he is, or is not, but I thought I would redress the balance by commenting on his performance as a whole rather than just emphasise the failure when clear one on one with the keeper.
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
According to Edmo on the radio just before the game Matt Young was let go as "other areas where the budget needed to be spent on". Not really sure how that can be the case when we don't have a 'proper' right back !!russell_anderson wrote:I expect they were expecting to sign Matt Young to be the first choice right back and got a last minute shock when he signed for Dover.barrowfan_chris wrote:He was awful at RB last season cant believe we let Burns go just to play cowps at right back.
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
toko wrote:What a great result to start the season. I don't think I've seen a game before where the ball spent more time in the air than on the deck. When we played football we looked quite good.
Did you miss every game of last season?
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
-
Suffolk Blue
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3807
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
Thought Grand was magnificent and would have been my MOM.
Fofana in front of the back four looked really good and gave everything.
Ashton is a solid wily old bird and his distribution was pretty good. However I thought he was occasionally as guilty as Cowps of leaving the centre back pairing exposed.
Think Dixon showed some nerves but I think he also showed some class.
I had to look at Cooky twice before I realised it was actually him. Looks like he's lost the best part of a stone since pre-season began. As fit as anyone out there.
Also thought Dover collectively looked a little fitter towards the end. Perhaps our switch to fulltime has not yet fully manifest itself in the players condition , so there may be more to come in that department.
Lastly I though our bench was very effective far more so than the opposition and this probably helped counter any fatigue.
Oh and the second goal was a good a move as I've seen us put together in a long while - so we can definitely play football.
Other than that, I'd prefer to take the positives. Dover came to win and not frustrate. This made it a much more interesting encounter than anything seen at HK last season. I thought their quality was well above anything I saw last season including Fylde and Guiseley. I actually think this was a game we would have lost at the turn of this year. It shows how far this team has developed even during the off-season. Even if it also showed how far we still have to go to be serious challengers.
Fofana in front of the back four looked really good and gave everything.
Ashton is a solid wily old bird and his distribution was pretty good. However I thought he was occasionally as guilty as Cowps of leaving the centre back pairing exposed.
Think Dixon showed some nerves but I think he also showed some class.
I had to look at Cooky twice before I realised it was actually him. Looks like he's lost the best part of a stone since pre-season began. As fit as anyone out there.
Also thought Dover collectively looked a little fitter towards the end. Perhaps our switch to fulltime has not yet fully manifest itself in the players condition , so there may be more to come in that department.
Lastly I though our bench was very effective far more so than the opposition and this probably helped counter any fatigue.
Oh and the second goal was a good a move as I've seen us put together in a long while - so we can definitely play football.
Other than that, I'd prefer to take the positives. Dover came to win and not frustrate. This made it a much more interesting encounter than anything seen at HK last season. I thought their quality was well above anything I saw last season including Fylde and Guiseley. I actually think this was a game we would have lost at the turn of this year. It shows how far this team has developed even during the off-season. Even if it also showed how far we still have to go to be serious challengers.
Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
NoThe Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:toko wrote:What a great result to start the season. I don't think I've seen a game before where the ball spent more time in the air than on the deck. When we played football we looked quite good.
Did you miss every game of last season?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Cubby, DuckDuckGo [Bot] and 33 guests