Post
by ruins » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:55 pm
My first game this season and I must admit I was torn on the judgement of players. I thought cowps was good, he spent most of the evening looking over his head, however made some solid tackles. Van den brook (sp) was just sat too deep, he has potential but at one point livesey (i think) headed the ball down to the right and the ball was moved on, vdb did nothing, I don't know if he was instructed to sit deep?
Jase was good, got stuck in and a bit nasty which is good, we need to be more aggressive.
Cook, superb. I think he's the only player who could step up to league 2. Held it, muscled it, and nailed the pen.
First half was a bore, first ten of the second was all barrow and I thought we would score 2/3 just in that period.
I guess everyone there was used to the imminent equaliser as I just stood thinking all will be well. But in all fairness the management team made a decision that helped. Arv on, grimes on to win the pen (very quick by the way) and defended well for what seemed a good 12 mins not 2!
It was good to see Meeks run over and fist pump. Good to get a win, a deserved win I think.
I think we are 2/3 players short of a very good team.
Thoroughly enjoyed it, well done the coach driver who went via Yorkshire!!
"F*cking Ribble" - Steve Herbert 26/4/09