Bromley match thread

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
Jonty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11124
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Bromley match thread

Post by Jonty » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:18 am

Steeley wrote:
GTBLUE wrote:Why do people with obviously with no brain try and make a shit result seem better, if they mention Wukkie.Either grow up or just stop posting. We were in the same league for a long time not long ago. By the grace of God and all that. It realy is very childish and shows no thought or intelligence. Wukkie. are struggling for money, we have been there, remember, and we are throwing ours down the toilet.
Absolutely agree.
spot on. Absolutely cringeworthy of the highest order.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: Bromley match thread

Post by boyliegladbach » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:28 am

I was disappointed at the Bromley set up.
The £5 pizzas had a wait time of 30 minutes after a long queue, the queues at the bar were very long,
They had some kind of weird segregation, we were segregated but the home fans could walk through where we were stood, so it was all quite pointless.
Got shouted at by an angry policeman,

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: Bromley match thread

Post by boyliegladbach » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:49 am

Here is some of the rubbish from yesterday
http://m.youtube.com/?hl=en-GB&gl=GB#/w ... ZSKt3O8fa0
2 free headers in the area for that headed goal.

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7481
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: Bromley match thread

Post by Wintergreen » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:29 am

Humiliating - but we have to take it on the chin.

I think we have a good squad.

I don't think we have a good manager and the words of Bobby Peru earlier in the thread ring ominously true.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Bromley match thread

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:29 am

Wintergreen wrote:Humiliating - but we have to take it on the chin.

I think we have a good squad.

I don't think we have a good manager and the words of Bobby Peru earlier in the thread ring ominously true.

A good squad? i think we have an average at best squad which gets the odd home result but ultimately is inspired to play terrible football by a bad manager.


I think we could have done a lot better than most of the signings we brought in over the summer.
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts: 4101
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Failsworth, Manchester
Contact:

Re: Bromley match thread

Post by Bingo » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:42 am

I didn't go yesterday

The football itself often spoils the day out - it's the day out I enjoy and the people

The last time we were in this league I could except us losing because we were on our arse financially

But Edmo has by all accounts been given a budget that should be doing better than we are

I think we have some good players but the manager isn't getting the best from them and ultimately PC isn't getting good value for his money

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7481
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: Bromley match thread

Post by Wintergreen » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:54 am

The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:Humiliating - but we have to take it on the chin.

I think we have a good squad.

I don't think we have a good manager and the words of Bobby Peru earlier in the thread ring ominously true.

A good squad? i think we have an average at best squad which gets the odd home result but ultimately is inspired to play terrible football by a bad manager.


I think we could have done a lot better than most of the signings we brought in over the summer.
Yes I think we have a good squad. I haven’t played football at a professional level, but I have been in a lot of workplaces here and there as a hired hand i.e. a contractor. I have been in one or two places where it is obvious what the manager is doing wrong, however as a contractor on one weeks’ notice it is inadvisable to openly criticise the guy that hires and fires.

Best just to keep it zipped, and get on with your job til it all falls down and they tell you that you are no longer required; that is my interpretation of the current state of affairs at the club.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

User avatar
barrowfan_chris
Platinum Member
Posts: 3509
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:44 pm
Location: The Former Republic of Barrovia.
Contact:

Re: Bromley match thread

Post by barrowfan_chris » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:55 am

Cracking day in London drinking near the shard. Spent the second half drinking in their club house watching the game on the big screen.

Fair play to the 4 players and Edmo coming over to speak to the supporters.

Good trip home ruined by rugby fans at Carnforth.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

thegaffer77
Platinum Member
Posts: 3448
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Bromley match thread

Post by thegaffer77 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:18 pm

The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:Humiliating - but we have to take it on the chin.

I think we have a good squad.

I don't think we have a good manager and the words of Bobby Peru earlier in the thread ring ominously true.

A good squad? i think we have an average at best squad which gets the odd home result but ultimately is inspired to play terrible football by a bad manager.


I think we could have done a lot better than most of the signings we brought in over the summer.
This for me is about right. Bad manager, maybe harsh. However, if the signings and style are are up to him, then it's certainly heading in that direction.
Inconsistency is what is sucking the life out of supporters. Then again, could be consistently poor and in bottom 3...
Stood behind Ray Wilkie for years. Best education I ever had.

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11320
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Bromley match thread

Post by McMark » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:24 pm

No fight
No desire
No game plan
No heart
Out paced
Out muscled
Out fought!
I can face up to being beaten by the better team on the day and Bromley were better than us all over the park by a country mile!

But we lacked in so many areas of our game yesterday, it was an embarrassment!

I counted around 110 people in our our segregated area that came to support our team and I'm sure there were a few sat in the stand also that had travelled to see some of the things listed above, not one saw any of the above from our players and that is my biggest concern and I would like the players and management to answer why didn't we???????

I though Bromley were good hosts, over stretched at times in the bar and catering for the Forty-five minutes or so before the game, but the sheer numbers around those areas were always going to lead to delays no problems before that time!

redboy
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Bromley match thread

Post by redboy » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:35 pm

Bobby Peru wrote:Edmo led us (Wukkie eh) to Conf North play offs, but that was with a squad of decent players inherited from Tommy Cassidy.

After that, year on year he gradually diluted the quality of the squad with bad signings and things got worse year on year. Granted our budget was non existent and on the face of it he did well to keep us up for so long punching above our weight on such a tiny budget but the style of football was always dire. it was always knocking long balls into the channels hoping to pick up bits and pieces. Tommy Cassidy with the same squad of players employed a much better style of play.

Edmo seemed to have no contacts outside of Carlisle United and we would never give young local talent a try even when they were miles better than some of the tripe he used to get in on loan.

His substitutions were always baffling and left everyone scratching their heads.

In the final season when he actually had a decent budget as we had a windfall from the sale of some land he blew it on a load of terrible loan players, but I accept he had little chance after the billionaire that bankrolled Celtic Nation stole pretty much all of our squad.

He's a decent bloke but don't expect pretty football or your young lads to get a look in, he plays pragmatic percentage hoof it football that was all the rage when he was a player.

Most people at wukkie while appreciating his efforts were glad to see the back of him, and the style of football employed by Gavin Skelton who had largely the same squad was like night and day
he should be your next manager. and then you will play good football

redboy
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Bromley match thread

Post by redboy » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:45 pm

boyliegladbach wrote:Now im home after bus replacements , [SwearFilter] up women and rugby fans fighting on the train delaying it 40 minutes until the police came.
Today was embarrassing, we didn't have one player who I could say put in a performance , They came out and approached it from the first minute like they knew we were going to get beat.
They just ran at us with pace and got through our midfield and defence time and time again.itvwas painful to watch
I don't think we even had an effort on goal. Cooky was up against a lad about 6 foot 5 and 18 stone so we just launched balls at him that he was never going to win.
Edmo had them in centre circle for about ten minutes afterwards then he came up to see the fans, he was told what we thought of it, he agreed and told us he had just told them the same.
I don't know what the tactics were today and don't think the players did either.

If we lose to tranmere Tuesday I think we will be lucky to get 1000 against welling .
The football,we are playing is just awful.
Oh well I only spent about about 150 to watch that shambles, I know it's my choice, but hope they all feel guilty picking up a wage for that performance
it must be true a fool and his money

Holkerbird
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6547
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Bromley match thread

Post by Holkerbird » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:29 pm

boyliegladbach wrote:Now im home after bus replacements , [SwearFilter] up women and rugby fans fighting on the train delaying it 40 minutes until the police came.
Today was embarrassing, we didn't have one player who I could say put in a performance , They came out and approached it from the first minute like they knew we were going to get beat.
They just ran at us with pace and got through our midfield and defence time and time again.itvwas painful to watch
I don't think we even had an effort on goal. Cooky was up against a lad about 6 foot 5 and 18 stone so we just launched balls at him that he was never going to win.
Edmo had them in centre circle for about ten minutes afterwards then he came up to see the fans, he was told what we thought of it, he agreed and told us he had just told them the same.
I don't know what the tactics were today and don't think the players did either.

If we lose to tranmere Tuesday I think we will be lucky to get 1000 against welling .
The football,we are playing is just awful.
Oh well I only spent about about 150 to watch that shambles, I know it's my choice, but hope they all feel guilty picking up a wage for that performance
£150!!! You could have gone for £25 on the bus and then a tenner to get in. You must have done something other than the football.

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: Bromley match thread

Post by boyliegladbach » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:32 pm

Train and food elaine.
Oh and very expensive southern beer.

russell_anderson
Platinum Member
Posts: 2881
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Bromley match thread

Post by russell_anderson » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:37 pm

The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:Humiliating - but we have to take it on the chin.

I think we have a good squad.

I don't think we have a good manager and the words of Bobby Peru earlier in the thread ring ominously true.

A good squad? i think we have an average at best squad which gets the odd home result but ultimately is inspired to play terrible football by a bad manager.


I think we could have done a lot better than most of the signings we brought in over the summer.
Completely agree BUT, although most teams have a better home record than away record, you also have to question the attitude of these players when playing away as we have one of the best home records in the league whilst having an abysmal away record. 17 points at home compared to 4 points away from the same number of games must say something about the effort - or lack of - being put in away from Holker Street!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 32mile_cul-de-sac, Louis29 and 35 guests