GTBLUE wrote:a multimillionair in buiseness.
The Darren Edmondson Thread
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
Mark Mc wrote:barrowaberdeen wrote:Chers Ant, I'm only sweating on 'keyboard warriors' for my Barrow Meltdown Bingo houseMentioned by Al in azzas tweet to radio Cumbria on page 20!!! Collect your prize in the bar on Boxing Day, don't forget to bring a friend and be in good voice!!!
I was mugged right off there by Boylie like!
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
Reading the evening Mail interview it sounds like Cassons message hasnt been getting through and that Saturdays result/performance has been the final straw.
Just last week Casson insisted that Edmondson will still be Barrow's boss in May.
But Casson said: “The performance on Saturday was so poor that the normal platitudes just won’t suffice.
“We’ve had private conversations before, particularly after the Bromley and Altrincham games and I was assured that the turnaround – particularly in terms of entertainment and goals – was just around the corner and it hasn’t happened."
While Edmondson led Barrow to the Conference North title last term, Casson has cranked up the pressure on him 18 games into the club's first season back in non-league’s top flight.
This season their average league record reads: Won seven, lost seven and drawn four. But despite their inconsistency and the fact they sit 15th in the table they are only five points adrift of the final play-off place.
Casson added: “We’re five points off the play-offs but we’re 15th and my point would be that given the games that we’ve played and the opportunities that we’ve squandered, we should be a lot closer than five points off the play-offs.
“By the end of November half the season will basically be over and I desperately don’t want to give up on this season.”
Casson has held concerns for a while and he showed his ruthless streak earlier this season when he showed coach Paul Murray the exit door. Edmondson’s former Carlisle team-mate only joined the club in the summer.
Casson said: “People don’t like change, that’s just a psychological characteristic of human beings.
“And we’ve talked to him this season about changing, about attacking attractive football and being more aggressive and bold.
"It’s one of the reasons that Paul Murray was let go because we thought that he was perhaps dragging him back in that particular area.
“So that’s what I want, and we talked and talked and talked and I’m through talking.
“And so basically the only way I know to perhaps get his attention is to put him on notice.
“Honestly, I hope he turns it around – it’s not a gimmick.
"I sincerely hope that he turns it around, I do not want to change the manager. But I can’t put up with what’s being served up before the fans at the moment.
“For me, it’s a sad day that I have to do this because normally in a football club, you’d like to do this behind closed doors and in private.
“We’ve done that on at least two occasions and I’m getting nowhere.”
Just last week Casson insisted that Edmondson will still be Barrow's boss in May.
But Casson said: “The performance on Saturday was so poor that the normal platitudes just won’t suffice.
“We’ve had private conversations before, particularly after the Bromley and Altrincham games and I was assured that the turnaround – particularly in terms of entertainment and goals – was just around the corner and it hasn’t happened."
While Edmondson led Barrow to the Conference North title last term, Casson has cranked up the pressure on him 18 games into the club's first season back in non-league’s top flight.
This season their average league record reads: Won seven, lost seven and drawn four. But despite their inconsistency and the fact they sit 15th in the table they are only five points adrift of the final play-off place.
Casson added: “We’re five points off the play-offs but we’re 15th and my point would be that given the games that we’ve played and the opportunities that we’ve squandered, we should be a lot closer than five points off the play-offs.
“By the end of November half the season will basically be over and I desperately don’t want to give up on this season.”
Casson has held concerns for a while and he showed his ruthless streak earlier this season when he showed coach Paul Murray the exit door. Edmondson’s former Carlisle team-mate only joined the club in the summer.
Casson said: “People don’t like change, that’s just a psychological characteristic of human beings.
“And we’ve talked to him this season about changing, about attacking attractive football and being more aggressive and bold.
"It’s one of the reasons that Paul Murray was let go because we thought that he was perhaps dragging him back in that particular area.
“So that’s what I want, and we talked and talked and talked and I’m through talking.
“And so basically the only way I know to perhaps get his attention is to put him on notice.
“Honestly, I hope he turns it around – it’s not a gimmick.
"I sincerely hope that he turns it around, I do not want to change the manager. But I can’t put up with what’s being served up before the fans at the moment.
“For me, it’s a sad day that I have to do this because normally in a football club, you’d like to do this behind closed doors and in private.
“We’ve done that on at least two occasions and I’m getting nowhere.”
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
So is the consensus now Edmo back in ?
He seems to have gained support since the interview. Maybe this was what Casson wanted, publically hanging the manager out to dry thus gaining a sense of injustice which fires up the Barrow crowd, creating a greater bond between manager-players-fans , could be a moment of tactical genius by PC himself (or I could be talking shit and reading too much into it and giving Casson credit for a moment of inexperience)
Taking it at face value, we moaned when the Keens kept things hush-hush and craved any sort of info as to what was going on behind the scenes , Now Casson has come out and said what is going on we don't seem to like that either.
He seems to have gained support since the interview. Maybe this was what Casson wanted, publically hanging the manager out to dry thus gaining a sense of injustice which fires up the Barrow crowd, creating a greater bond between manager-players-fans , could be a moment of tactical genius by PC himself (or I could be talking shit and reading too much into it and giving Casson credit for a moment of inexperience)
Taking it at face value, we moaned when the Keens kept things hush-hush and craved any sort of info as to what was going on behind the scenes , Now Casson has come out and said what is going on we don't seem to like that either.
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
Spot on.themaster wrote:So is the consensus now Edmo back in ?
He seems to have gained support since the interview. Maybe this was what Casson wanted, publically hanging the manager out to dry thus gaining a sense of injustice which fires up the Barrow crowd, creating a greater bond between manager-players-fans , could be a moment of tactical genius by PC himself (or I could be talking [SwearFilter] and reading too much into it and giving Casson credit for a moment of inexperience)
Taking it at face value, we moaned when the Keens kept things hush-hush and craved any sort of info as to what was going on behind the scenes , Now Casson has come out and said what is going on we don't seem to like that either.
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
I don't think people are criticising PC for suggesting that Edmo is under pressure, of course he's under pressure and rightly so. The issue is the way PC has gone about it, which isn't right. I'm sure he had good intentions in keeping us all informed but it was ill thought out and very disrespectful to a bloke who has always acted in the right manner as Barrow manager.themaster wrote:So is the consensus now Edmo back in ? .
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9884
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
I'll go along with most of that and Moribunds post.themaster wrote:So is the consensus now Edmo back in ?
He seems to have gained support since the interview. Maybe this was what Casson wanted, publically hanging the manager out to dry thus gaining a sense of injustice which fires up the Barrow crowd, creating a greater bond between manager-players-fans , could be a moment of tactical genius by PC himself (or I could be talking [SwearFilter] and reading too much into it and giving Casson credit for a moment of inexperience)
Taking it at face value, we moaned when the Keens kept things hush-hush and craved any sort of info as to what was going on behind the scenes , Now Casson has come out and said what is going on we don't seem to like that either.
I want Edmo to turn this around but how can 75% of posts calling for Edmo to go suddenly change to a sense of injustice when he gets given a month to actually do what we want?
PC said he's had at least two behind closed door conversations regarding results/performances and been assured each time that it will change (that in any employment situation must be seen as fair warning of what that means if things don't alter for the better).....it's plain to see it hasn't. Would we have felt better if he'd just sacked Edmo after Saturdays shambles (and lets be honest, it was a shambles) because he'd given him two previous warnings? I see this as another chance for DE & Meeks to realise where they, or the team are going wrong and to do something about it before we reach a sub 1000 gate, fall closer to the relegation places than the play-offs and crash out of the FAT.
Lets not also forget how the gates are dropping off and as a businessman who has put his own money into a dying club that has to be a worry, not many would've taken us on in the first place.
I suppose in the end we all want Edmo to turn this around, and I'm sure PC will be exactly the same.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
This.Kieran wrote:I can't see a way back for Edmo from this now sadly. But the more I think about it the more I feel sorry for him and the more annoyed I become at how PC has handled it. Right man to take us forward or not, Edmo has always acted with utmost integrity while Barrow manager and he deserves more respect than he's been given by the way this whole episode has been handled, much more.
Popular side since '03.
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
The Keens did a lot of good work but towards the end treat Holker Street as though it was North Korea and hence the exit of some of the Directors.
PC is entitled to do what he wants but the way he has gone about is totally wrong.
It should have been done behind closed doors .A month will soon pass and he could have said the situation is under review.
I still want Edmo out and did not want him as Manager , having seen the likes of Ray Wilkie , Vick Halom and the two Ds run the team .
We are very poor and if Cookie is out we have real problems.
The postion league wise reflects how poor this league has become compared to previous years or maybe I am getting old.
Hard times now - Peter Kane had that when here!
PC is entitled to do what he wants but the way he has gone about is totally wrong.
It should have been done behind closed doors .A month will soon pass and he could have said the situation is under review.
I still want Edmo out and did not want him as Manager , having seen the likes of Ray Wilkie , Vick Halom and the two Ds run the team .
We are very poor and if Cookie is out we have real problems.
The postion league wise reflects how poor this league has become compared to previous years or maybe I am getting old.
Hard times now - Peter Kane had that when here!
-
Bobby Peru
- New Member
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:13 pm
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
The problem is, people who are very successful in business often think they can instantly replicate that success in football, and they can't understand that the same logic doesn't apply. Football is s totally unique business.
I would suggest PC knows naff all about football and to expect the team to make the step up from the Conf North to the National league (which is a huge leap) play sexy football consistently every week while challenging for play offs in the first season, shows exactly how little he knows or understands football. He's living in cloud cuckoo land. Successful business men just don't get this that you can transfer the same ethos into football and get instant success, you see the same thing from the Premier League downwards.
Now don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of Edmi's football but he has done enough over the last couple of years to be given a season to adapt to this league and it's demands and if it doesn't work out or if the threat of relegation looms then fair enough, get rid,
But most teams promoted to this league go straight back down so on that score he's not doing too bad a job.
But to do this in public the way PC has is very poor and shoes a lack of class and to expect consistent sexy football week in week out in a first season is ridiculous, if these players were capable of playing sexy football week in week out they wouldn't be playing in the conference
I would suggest PC knows naff all about football and to expect the team to make the step up from the Conf North to the National league (which is a huge leap) play sexy football consistently every week while challenging for play offs in the first season, shows exactly how little he knows or understands football. He's living in cloud cuckoo land. Successful business men just don't get this that you can transfer the same ethos into football and get instant success, you see the same thing from the Premier League downwards.
Now don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of Edmi's football but he has done enough over the last couple of years to be given a season to adapt to this league and it's demands and if it doesn't work out or if the threat of relegation looms then fair enough, get rid,
But most teams promoted to this league go straight back down so on that score he's not doing too bad a job.
But to do this in public the way PC has is very poor and shoes a lack of class and to expect consistent sexy football week in week out in a first season is ridiculous, if these players were capable of playing sexy football week in week out they wouldn't be playing in the conference
- bobbie moore
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 848
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 4:41 pm
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
Just seeing some football, sexy or otherwise would be a change 
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7481
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
PC is a fan first and an owner second and there’s the rub; most of us regulars would have done what he has done. The Keens were business people who took an interest in the club when no one else from the business community came forward during the SV fall-out. As far as I know the Keens had no prior interest in the club and I think I read somewhere that they were Sunderland supporters initially.
We won the CN by a fluke and in reality we’ve had 18 months of soul-destroying caveman style football. We have money and full time training and should be seeing a higher quality of football and a lot more spirit.
We won the CN by a fluke and in reality we’ve had 18 months of soul-destroying caveman style football. We have money and full time training and should be seeing a higher quality of football and a lot more spirit.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...
-
John_Bucks
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2368
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:37 am
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
Can I look forward to him offering me out to car park again then? Ha hapaddy71 wrote:Mark cooper anyone?out of work done well in this league and managed in football league.just a thought,not sacking edmo personally but it doesn't look good for him
Life is always better when it's better
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
The Not so Special one will be available soon!
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
i have said the time was right for edmo to go and then last night said I want him to do well this next month and yes basically stick two fingers up at casson even if it is just a parting shot to show he can do it. Why the quick change of mind? Because I don't like the way this has been done and after listening to both interviews last night I think edmo came out of it the better man and I agree with him more. We forget this is all new to him too he is still learning and I still think the players aren't playing to their full ability and there is something more going on in that respect than we know. Casson hasnt got a clue about running a football club he had too high an aspiration before this season started and places too much pressure on edmo imo . we are a long way off being the club casson wants both on and off the pitch and even though the football I have watched hasn't been wonderful we are where I expected us to be and as long as we stay in this league that is ok with me at the moment. Casson contradicted himself when pressed last night and there is just something about him and his whole takeover that doesn't sit right with me maybe he's realising this isn't what he thought it would be either
everyone is entitled to their opinion, deal with it
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests