"Carlisle old boys network" ???.barrowaberdeen wrote:This site is no different from any other football site. It's not the nasty internet's fault.
James Woods I like but it's an absolute Carlisle old boys network up there and was on the radio last night.
The Darren Edmondson Thread
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
This is infact incorrect. You are thinking of Umar Ben Arfa. Different player.Renfrew Refugee wrote:No Bogle scored 2 against us at home for Solihull and cost us 3 points otherwise we would have won the league more comfortably
Still remains the fact however that Omar Bogle won us the league with that penalty away at fylde
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
-
Renfrew Refugee
- Member
- Posts: 242
- Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:12 pm
- Location: Where the job takes me
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
I stand corrected
-
OnlineMatty
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5369
- Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 pm
- Location: Barrow
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
Popular side since '03.
-
Chris Benoit
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1768
- Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:51 pm
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
I'm still very much #EdmoOut but I (as previously stated) would love him to prove us wrong and that the situation has been poorly handled.
Steve Herbert supports the nob theory - Saturday 4th February 2012.
If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.
If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
Maybe Edmo has not been able to "boss" some of the senior players and maybe Casson is saying do what you have to do to get it right and I'll back you. Casson is not prepared to carry on as we are where issues which seem to exist amongst the players aren't being sorted? Time for EDMO to swallow a bit of pride and be totally honest with Casson & the directors. Yes he may have made mistakes and have a few bad apples in there but I really do get the impression he will be backed up if he does something about it.
I still don't like his football etc but I also feel some of these players need kicking out.
I still don't like his football etc but I also feel some of these players need kicking out.
-
Bluebirdkif
- New Member
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:23 am
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
The problem I have with the PC interview was that he majored on 2 things as his reasoning for doing what he has done by giving Edmo 1 month :-
1. Consistency of performance - No one in this league is consistent, anybody can beat anybody, and reading most of the message boards as I do from time to time, all of the teams seem to be unhappy with the consistency of their teams performances. Even teams like FGR, Grimsby, Tranmere etc. Take Cheltenham as a for instance, we were definitely the better team down there, played the better football but got beat. We were also by far the better team at Halifax and Alty and got beat in both those games also Kidderminster at home when we drew. This tells me PC really wants good performances and results. Don't you think that is probably a bit too much to ask in our first season back in the National. Especially when some bigger, more established teams at this level are struggling with consistency. Remember we are only 5 points off the play offs and a good 10 points off relegation places. I for one am happy with that at this stage but I suppose I don't own the club.
2. Continuous Improvement - If you cant call Edmo saving us from relegation to the Unibond/Evostik or whatever it calls itself these days, then winning the league and now being positioned where we are in the National as continuous improvement I don't know what you could ?
I just hope the true supporters really get behind the team and Edmo for the next month (because there seem to be a fair few at Holker Street who seem to want to just go there to moan). Just remember we could have a lot worse than Edmo/Meeks in charge.
1. Consistency of performance - No one in this league is consistent, anybody can beat anybody, and reading most of the message boards as I do from time to time, all of the teams seem to be unhappy with the consistency of their teams performances. Even teams like FGR, Grimsby, Tranmere etc. Take Cheltenham as a for instance, we were definitely the better team down there, played the better football but got beat. We were also by far the better team at Halifax and Alty and got beat in both those games also Kidderminster at home when we drew. This tells me PC really wants good performances and results. Don't you think that is probably a bit too much to ask in our first season back in the National. Especially when some bigger, more established teams at this level are struggling with consistency. Remember we are only 5 points off the play offs and a good 10 points off relegation places. I for one am happy with that at this stage but I suppose I don't own the club.
2. Continuous Improvement - If you cant call Edmo saving us from relegation to the Unibond/Evostik or whatever it calls itself these days, then winning the league and now being positioned where we are in the National as continuous improvement I don't know what you could ?
I just hope the true supporters really get behind the team and Edmo for the next month (because there seem to be a fair few at Holker Street who seem to want to just go there to moan). Just remember we could have a lot worse than Edmo/Meeks in charge.
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
Having listened to the RC piece last night and read today’s paper I have come to the conclusion that what PC has done is reasonable. Some are saying it is harsh and brutal, but, hey, professional football today is harsh, brutal, crazy even. It does appear that there have been talks going on behind the scenes and Edmo has been nudged and nudged about making the football more attacking and entertaining but hasn’t really responded in producing this and that’s why PC says he has only now gone public in order to force Edmo to wake up to certain things such as the low entertainment value. In other words, it wasn’t out of the blue, it wasn’t a big surprise, Edmo had had warnings to attend to certain aspects and hasn’t. He could have been sacked now which some apologists might have said was even more harsh but he has at least been given a chance to finally act on the prompts he has been given. To be fair to Edmo, he acknowledges that he is accountable to the people who pay the money in (ie us fans at the turnstiles, not just the owner) and recognises that as the bottom line rather than his own position.
One thing in the EM that made me sit up and take notice was that apparently after the Bromley defeat they had talked and Edmo said he needed a right full-back, a winger and a goalscorer. I cannot believe that Edmo seems to make no reference to midfield! I think almost everyone on this forum is at one in recognising that, amongst a number of weak areas, priority number one is to find a quality midfielder. Yet Edmo, as recently as Bromley, still doesn’t seem to think that we need one if the report is to be believed. We could do with a gnarled old pro like a Maurice Whittle or a Darren Sheridan to sit in the middle of the park and control things. If we found such a player it could be that some of our other midfielders who play well occasionally (but not nearly often enough) might develop and elevate their own performances if there’s a general in there barking out the orders. Of course it might be that at this time of the season no suitable midfield general is available but I do find it alarming that Edmo does not even seem to consider this as a requirement.
I genuinely hope Edmo can find his Damascus moment and turn things around but really - - - - - - .
One thing in the EM that made me sit up and take notice was that apparently after the Bromley defeat they had talked and Edmo said he needed a right full-back, a winger and a goalscorer. I cannot believe that Edmo seems to make no reference to midfield! I think almost everyone on this forum is at one in recognising that, amongst a number of weak areas, priority number one is to find a quality midfielder. Yet Edmo, as recently as Bromley, still doesn’t seem to think that we need one if the report is to be believed. We could do with a gnarled old pro like a Maurice Whittle or a Darren Sheridan to sit in the middle of the park and control things. If we found such a player it could be that some of our other midfielders who play well occasionally (but not nearly often enough) might develop and elevate their own performances if there’s a general in there barking out the orders. Of course it might be that at this time of the season no suitable midfield general is available but I do find it alarming that Edmo does not even seem to consider this as a requirement.
I genuinely hope Edmo can find his Damascus moment and turn things around but really - - - - - - .
- bobbie moore
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 848
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 4:41 pm
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
Looking like Symington is going to replace G Williams when he returns to Barnsley OR maybe just maybe Brad Carroll may get a chance 
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
Bluebirdkif wrote:The problem I have with the PC interview was that he majored on 2 things as his reasoning for doing what he has done by giving Edmo 1 month :-
1. Consistency of performance - No one in this league is consistent, anybody can beat anybody, and reading most of the message boards as I do from time to time, all of the teams seem to be unhappy with the consistency of their teams performances. Even teams like FGR, Grimsby, Tranmere etc. Take Cheltenham as a for instance, we were definitely the better team down there, played the better football but got beat. We were also by far the better team at Halifax and Alty and got beat in both those games also Kidderminster at home when we drew. This tells me PC really wants good performances and results. Don't you think that is probably a bit too much to ask in our first season back in the National. Especially when some bigger, more established teams at this level are struggling with consistency. Remember we are only 5 points off the play offs and a good 10 points off relegation places. I for one am happy with that at this stage but I suppose I don't own the club.
2. Continuous Improvement - If you cant call Edmo saving us from relegation to the Unibond/Evostik or whatever it calls itself these days, then winning the league and now being positioned where we are in the National as continuous improvement I don't know what you could ?
I just hope the true supporters really get behind the team and Edmo for the next month (because there seem to be a fair few at Holker Street who seem to want to just go there to moan). Just remember we could have a lot worse than Edmo/Meeks in charge.
Yes most teams have consistency problems and will fluctuate between fairly good and fairly bad the trouble is when we fluctuate downwards it is way beyond fairly bad and is accompanied by a perceived lack of effort or desire
I don't think any of the players we have brought in have produced improvement to last years team. this league is pretty poor and a team which won the league below last year would expect to reach mid table this season. We could really consolidate a comfortable position with 3/4 wins but I don't see them coming before the end of November when we could be hovering above the bottom four. Edmo has had a pretty good budget last year and this year and was expected to improve.
It seems you suggest that those who oppose the present position are not true supporters? I'd suggest that most people who go to holker Street expect to be entertained and see players busting a gut but sadly that's whats missing.
Welcome to the forum
PS going to holker Street just to moan is what Barrovians do
-
Bluebirdkif
- New Member
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:23 am
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
DaveP - Agree with most of what you say, and I absolutely agree that effort and desire should be a given. All I am trying to say is that asking for consistency of result and performance in our first year back maybe just asking for a little bit too much when the whole league is inconsistent and there are bigger, more established clubs are struggling to find it. Football is about opinion, but without wanting to sound like an ex Liverpool football manager, football is about facts ... and the fact is that the present football team are a much better football team than the one that he inherited from Bayliss and are approx 30 places higher in the pyramid than when he took over. I accept however that a lot of that is down to the money PC has injected, but the team did improve in the half season that Edmo was in charge previous to the PC takeover. As Edmo said in his interview, if at this time last year we would have been offered (as fans), the current league position a year on we would of taken it.
To me a true supporter would get behind the team for the 90 minutes that they are on the pitch. I go to all homes and a fair few aways ... it just seems at Holker Street some of the fans don't get behind the team as much as they should/could and seem to get kicks out of throwing negative comments towards the team/management when encouragement/positivity might have more of the desired affect. But again its all about opinions.
Thanks for your welcome

To me a true supporter would get behind the team for the 90 minutes that they are on the pitch. I go to all homes and a fair few aways ... it just seems at Holker Street some of the fans don't get behind the team as much as they should/could and seem to get kicks out of throwing negative comments towards the team/management when encouragement/positivity might have more of the desired affect. But again its all about opinions.
Thanks for your welcome
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
Thanks for your views.
I appreciate Bayliss had his failings particularly after shezza left but in my view the team they put together initially in the conference premier would have wiped the floor with the current crop. They fell by the wayside for a number of reasons including personal failings and a total lack of money.
PS the doom and gloom merchants have been going to holker Street since at least the time I first went 40+ years ago and will never change. It is their day out.

I appreciate Bayliss had his failings particularly after shezza left but in my view the team they put together initially in the conference premier would have wiped the floor with the current crop. They fell by the wayside for a number of reasons including personal failings and a total lack of money.
PS the doom and gloom merchants have been going to holker Street since at least the time I first went 40+ years ago and will never change. It is their day out.
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
Is casson saying what he said, d any different to Edmo saying he wants a right back, winger, and a goalscorer.
Isn't he just telling people he has no faith in them.
Isn't he just telling people he has no faith in them.
-
whitty1969
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2937
- Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
I see Woking went down a different route to us. After their 3-0 defeat by a lower league team They have made the whole squad available !!!!
Woking's performance was also unacceptable.
Woking's performance was also unacceptable.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: liam_b82, Louis29, saltcellar, vskohz and 36 guests