The Darren Edmondson Thread
- Always Ultra
- Senior Member
- Posts: 452
- Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
How the mighty have fallen...
http://www.ulverstonlocal.co.uk/edmo-no ... -1.1177979
http://www.thebay.co.uk/news/local-spor ... agers-job/
http://www.ulverstonlocal.co.uk/edmo-no ... -1.1177979
http://www.thebay.co.uk/news/local-spor ... agers-job/
- prague bluebird
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2081
- Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:20 pm
- Location: Prague. Czech Republic
- Contact:
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8339
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
It's not just the manager, we'll need new players as well
- glasgow_blue
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1385
- Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:12 am
- Location: The Barra
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
Sick and tired of people on this thread saying how nice a guy Edmo is, I personally couldn't give a toss. I want a right [SwearFilter] to go in that dressing room and bang some heads together. We do have some decent players, it just looks like they are taking the [SwearFilter]. Managers fault for letting it happen
Nil Carborundum Illegitimi
-
barrowaberdeen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9034
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
- Location: Independent Newbarns
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
Dispiriting. Its the end. Yes there were key moments we were unlucky but it was disjointed and clueless. They know whats coming. Get them sacked but paid up properly and thanks for boxing day at wukkie and lowestoft. And while we are at it, lets take a hard look behind the scenes. Barrow till i die.
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
First of all mentioned how the sending off killed the game between two sides that were playing good football.
Popular side since '03.
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
Edmo was a life coach on the Titanic saying the ship will not sink
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
He's clawing a bit back here in this interview, but he never sounds convincing. The players he's brought in have totally failed to bring this team on and we are no better (in fact we are weaker) than last season.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
- glasgow_blue
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1385
- Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:12 am
- Location: The Barra
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
Yep and was still playing when the ship went down coz he had a 3 year contractPedro wrote:Edmo was a life coach on the Titanic saying the ship will not sink
Nil Carborundum Illegitimi
-
Blue and white
- Senior Member
- Posts: 273
- Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:59 pm
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
Oh we all in here tonite ! Ha! Seriously like Sir Alex said all I asked my players too do is put a shift in for 45 (break ) go again for 45 , not much too ask is it! A good boss would do well with these current Barrow players . Just this mob are not motivated under Edmo . A lot of iit is down too the player I know , I'd say this team is playing 60-70% effort at the moment . With 2-3 additions and a good coach we would do well . top 8 -playoffs .
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5435
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
Lets do a swap-shop event, we get Keith Curle & they get EdmoAlways Ultra wrote:How the mighty have fallen...
http://www.ulverstonlocal.co.uk/edmo-no ... -1.1177979
http://www.thebay.co.uk/news/local-spor ... agers-job/
-
Blue and white
- Senior Member
- Posts: 273
- Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:59 pm
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
As a boss I like Keith Curle , he demands effort
-
mickmike wilson
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5435
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
- Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
He is still negotiating his contract, lets ruffle some Radio Carlisle feathers & try our best to snag him from them, that would be entertainingBlue and white wrote:As a boss I like Keith Curle , he demands effort
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
At the final whistle today, Radio Cumbria told the listeners how we had been second best to everything (familiar) then summarising at the end as being "Totally being bossed by Guiseley" Then in the wrap they say they still think Edmo's the man to take this football club forward??
The result today wasn't the big factor here- it was the "being bossed" that is hard to take. Why doesn't Edmondson come on all guns blazing and demand improvement. I listened to Curle in the Carlisle interview just before Edmo came on. Yes they are doing well and they are in a totally different position, - confidence is everything when you are winning, but he was demanding still more of his players, pushing them to achieve more and not settle for anything less. Edmo needs to come out with the same. He's got to get tough- if he gets a chance.
The result today wasn't the big factor here- it was the "being bossed" that is hard to take. Why doesn't Edmondson come on all guns blazing and demand improvement. I listened to Curle in the Carlisle interview just before Edmo came on. Yes they are doing well and they are in a totally different position, - confidence is everything when you are winning, but he was demanding still more of his players, pushing them to achieve more and not settle for anything less. Edmo needs to come out with the same. He's got to get tough- if he gets a chance.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
-
Renfrew Refugee
- Member
- Posts: 242
- Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:12 pm
- Location: Where the job takes me
- Contact:
Re: The Darren Edmondson Thread
Dear Darren
After returning to work in Barrow and witnessing Paul Casson investing a considerable amount of money on the club and playing staff, the football I have witnessed has been dire, and I have questioned myself why do I keep going to Holker Street every home game? P.S. I feel sorry for those who travel away.
One question for you: Why should I pay another £14 on Tuesday to watch a "team?" play some of the worst football I have had the misfortune to witness.
Please watch the 1990 FA Trophy Final and see a real Barrow team.
After returning to work in Barrow and witnessing Paul Casson investing a considerable amount of money on the club and playing staff, the football I have witnessed has been dire, and I have questioned myself why do I keep going to Holker Street every home game? P.S. I feel sorry for those who travel away.
One question for you: Why should I pay another £14 on Tuesday to watch a "team?" play some of the worst football I have had the misfortune to witness.
Please watch the 1990 FA Trophy Final and see a real Barrow team.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Sash591 and 20 guests