Chester v Barrow
Re: Chester v Barrow
All barrow aren't we
Last edited by finbar17 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
geobarrovian
- Senior Member
- Posts: 445
- Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 11:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Chester v Barrow
Just because somehow none of you happened to get arrested doesn't justify any of this behaviour? By all means passionately support the team (which appears to have been taken quite literally by yourself at Stockport) but without ruining a minutes silence, letting off smoke bombs and causing distress to fellow supporters surely is not a difficult thing to achieve.finbar17 wrote:Sadly for some of you because we are becoming a massive club now you're just going to see more and more of us."OH NO atmosphere at a football game I hear you all cry" I DO! agree the smoke bomb was probably un-neccesarry that said I didn't see who let it off. Obviously that person doesn't mean to cause anyone distress especially not barrow fans we all know it is there to add atmosphere which it would if we were in the san siro. Also the minutes silence was one knobhead a friend of mine that was a [SwearFilter] for a moment WE! Them ooligans at the end of the stand shouted him down.Ive been going to watch barrow for 17 years ive watched barrow home and away religiously not so much anymore but work now prohibits that alot. some days we have bumper crowds and some days we have knobheads. HOWEVER!!!!!! not one of us was arrested yesterday! And I have never been arrested at the football either I was detained at stockport for 30 minutes when I got my wanger out(all fans around me at the time found it funny including two females who post on this forum) Not one of us had a fight yesterday! Nothing was damaged by us yesterday! We were welcomed politely by 3 different Landladies who allowed us to sing and shout to our hearts content. So apart from over zealous celebrations after the second goal and one person letting off a SMOKE BOMB not flare there is no burning flame! we can't all be tarred with the same yanawat . And i stood up yesterday and shouted to alot of you that I know personally made remarks regarding atherstone because I read them with my own eyes of "oh wheres the tmf hardmen when you need them" well you can't have your cake and eat it can you. you condone violence or action when it suits you ALL and chastise it when it suits you ALL . When were singing and creating the atmosphere yesterday that drove the team onto a terriffic win. The players came and jumped into the crowd of course its going to invoke that reaction. Something you wont know we all got searched yesterday because someone reported we had knives. Again not a single knife was found. We went to chester yesterday for a good day out watching the team we all love and we bloody well do too. Perhaps a little co-operation from both parties wouldnt go a miss. I will continue to watch barrow so will my mates. I am going to personally apologise for any distress we may have caused to any barrow fans especially the fan with asthma if you think thats what we really go to watch barrow for get your heads out of your arses. You seriously need to rid yourself of the stigma that because some of us wear stone island, drink lager, smoke weed and swear you think we are all knobs alot of you know us personally, talk with us, drink with us smoke with us, have sat next to us on busses to away games before. Stop trying to give us a bad name aswell!
That said in my opinion yesterday was an absolute belter all fans were great in my opinion especially you elaine x
A.C.A.B.
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4102
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Chester v Barrow
Glad you weren't at Atherstone to be honestfinbar17 wrote:Sadly for some of you because we are becoming a massive club now you're just going to see more and more of us."OH NO atmosphere at a football game I hear you all cry" I DO! agree the smoke bomb was probably un-neccesarry that said I didn't see who let it off. Obviously that person doesn't mean to cause anyone distress especially not barrow fans we all know it is there to add atmosphere which it would if we were in the san siro. Also the minutes silence was one knobhead a friend of mine that was a [SwearFilter] for a moment WE! Them ooligans at the end of the stand shouted him down.Ive been going to watch barrow for 17 years ive watched barrow home and away religiously not so much anymore but work now prohibits that alot. some days we have bumper crowds and some days we have knobheads. HOWEVER!!!!!! not one of us was arrested yesterday! And I have never been arrested at the football either I was detained at stockport for 30 minutes when I got my wanger out(all fans around me at the time found it funny including two females who post on this forum) Not one of us had a fight yesterday! Nothing was damaged by us yesterday! We were welcomed politely by 3 different Landladies who allowed us to sing and shout to our hearts content. So apart from over zealous celebrations after the second goal and one person letting off a SMOKE BOMB not flare there is no burning flame! we can't all be tarred with the same yanawat . And i stood up yesterday and shouted to alot of you that I know personally made remarks regarding atherstone because I read them with my own eyes of "oh wheres the tmf hardmen when you need them" well you can't have your cake and eat it can you. you condone violence or action when it suits you ALL and chastise it when it suits you ALL . When were singing and creating the atmosphere yesterday that drove the team onto a terriffic win. The players came and jumped into the crowd of course its going to invoke that reaction. Something you wont know we all got searched yesterday because someone reported we had knives. Again not a single knife was found. We went to chester yesterday for a good day out watching the team we all love and we bloody well do too. Perhaps a little co-operation from both parties wouldnt go a miss. I will continue to watch barrow so will my mates. I am going to personally apologise for any distress we may have caused to any barrow fans especially the fan with asthma if you think thats what we really go to watch barrow for get your heads out of your arses. You seriously need to rid yourself of the stigma that because some of us wear stone island, drink lager, smoke weed and swear you think we are all knobs alot of you know us personally, talk with us, drink with us smoke with us, have sat next to us on busses to away games before. Stop trying to give us a bad name aswell!
That said in my opinion yesterday was an absolute belter all fans were great in my opinion especially you elaine x
A.C.A.B.
I go to watch a game of football with decent people not to listen to all that crap - you give yourself a bad name why all the aggression and anger at times yesterday I felt frightened and intimidated by a couple of your mates -
Re: Chester v Barrow
Oh dear. Can you kindly let the rest of us know when you and your friends from the centre get day release for an away game so the rest of us know not to bother?finbar17 wrote:Sadly for some of you because we are becoming a massive club now you're just going to see more and more of us."OH NO atmosphere at a football game I hear you all cry" I DO! agree the smoke bomb was probably un-neccesarry that said I didn't see who let it off. Obviously that person doesn't mean to cause anyone distress especially not barrow fans we all know it is there to add atmosphere which it would if we were in the san siro. Also the minutes silence was one knobhead a friend of mine that was a [SwearFilter] for a moment WE! Them ooligans at the end of the stand shouted him down.Ive been going to watch barrow for 17 years ive watched barrow home and away religiously not so much anymore but work now prohibits that alot. some days we have bumper crowds and some days we have knobheads. HOWEVER!!!!!! not one of us was arrested yesterday! And I have never been arrested at the football either I was detained at stockport for 30 minutes when I got my wanger out(all fans around me at the time found it funny including two females who post on this forum) Not one of us had a fight yesterday! Nothing was damaged by us yesterday! We were welcomed politely by 3 different Landladies who allowed us to sing and shout to our hearts content. So apart from over zealous celebrations after the second goal and one person letting off a SMOKE BOMB not flare there is no burning flame! we can't all be tarred with the same yanawat . And i stood up yesterday and shouted to alot of you that I know personally made remarks regarding atherstone because I read them with my own eyes of "oh wheres the tmf hardmen when you need them" well you can't have your cake and eat it can you. you condone violence or action when it suits you ALL and chastise it when it suits you ALL . When were singing and creating the atmosphere yesterday that drove the team onto a terriffic win. The players came and jumped into the crowd of course its going to invoke that reaction. Something you wont know we all got searched yesterday because someone reported we had knives. Again not a single knife was found. We went to chester yesterday for a good day out watching the team we all love and we bloody well do too. Perhaps a little co-operation from both parties wouldnt go a miss. I will continue to watch barrow so will my mates. I am going to personally apologise for any distress we may have caused to any barrow fans especially the fan with asthma if you think thats what we really go to watch barrow for get your heads out of your arses. You seriously need to rid yourself of the stigma that because some of us wear stone island, drink lager, smoke weed and swear you think we are all knobs alot of you know us personally, talk with us, drink with us smoke with us, have sat next to us on busses to away games before. Stop trying to give us a bad name aswell!
That said in my opinion yesterday was an absolute belter all fans were great in my opinion especially you elaine x
A.C.A.B.
If no one got arrested I'd be surprised - there was a group of 10-12 police out the back of the stand with a very definite couple of targets in mind.
But thanks for winning us the game, we couldn't have done it without you.
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: Chester v Barrow
Just had someone message me saying thats not what happened at all.Jo am back wrote:As you probably don't travel to away games due to being sat at your keyboard, let me inform you.The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:Be interesting to see how everyone defends the fans again.....
I watched a group of around 30 or so get off the bus at the ground,full of drink,full of bravado,full of male testosorone ?. In the ground they were daft,antagonistic,stupid,but loud and vociferous in support of there team. The minute silence was spoilt by ONE,only one, the other noise was from his drunken mates to tell him to be quiet. During the game I stood alongside them (not through choice) they had been drinking (so what) they let off 2 flares that only really the police took umbridge too,but no harm was done, nobody was attacked, nobody hurt.They created a bloody good atmosphere,and played a big roll in the teams push for a winner,so yes stupid,idiots, yes, but believe me, it was no big deal.
On a football note, we look stronger,more assured, and pretty damm good going forward (and defending) cox is gonna take us on a journey I believe so let's all back Barrow Afc, good and the few (not) bad along the way.
Im told this is a " complete lie"
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
Re: Chester v Barrow
If these events ruined your footballing experience. I suggest you stop following barrow as we rise up the football league granted that isnt the way every football match is condoned. But with bigger attendances comes more hustle and bustle, more aggro, stricter stewarding which as fans we all know has the potential to cause unneeded stress at football. *longshot* but imagine if we ever played galatasaray. Stop the world i'm getting off. As for bingo and moribund you probably think i'm a little tool but i'm actually alright me past all that but my mates are my mates. If you felt intimidated why didnt you talk to anyone or did you? I can guarantee if you spoke to me i'd of done something yes you probably didnt know who i am but you have a mouth and we certainly arent there to fight barrow fans ffs. I did move everybody to the back of the stand when i was asked not a great task i know but i did it to stop hassle. .
Re: Chester v Barrow
Its not like. You werent thereThe Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:Just had someone message me saying thats not what happened at all.Jo am back wrote: As you probably don't travel to away games due to being sat at your keyboard, let me inform you.
I watched a group of around 30 or so get off the bus at the ground,full of drink,full of bravado,full of male testosorone ?. In the ground they were daft,antagonistic,stupid,but loud and vociferous in support of there team. The minute silence was spoilt by ONE,only one, the other noise was from his drunken mates to tell him to be quiet. During the game I stood alongside them (not through choice) they had been drinking (so what) they let off 2 flares that only really the police took umbridge too,but no harm was done, nobody was attacked, nobody hurt.They created a bloody good atmosphere,and played a big roll in the teams push for a winner,so yes stupid,idiots, yes, but believe me, it was no big deal.
On a football note, we look stronger,more assured, and pretty damm good going forward (and defending) cox is gonna take us on a journey I believe so let's all back Barrow Afc, good and the few (not) bad along the way.
Im told this is a " complete lie"
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Chester v Barrow
See everyone next week at Aldershot
Re: Chester v Barrow
I didn't feel intimidated, I was embarrassed. Even more so now I can see it wasn't just overexcitement from a few kids.finbar17 wrote:If these events ruined your footballing experience. I suggest you stop following barrow as we rise up the football league granted that isnt the way every football match is condoned. But with bigger attendances comes more hustle and bustle, more aggro, stricter stewarding which as fans we all know has the potential to cause unneeded stress at football. *longshot* but imagine if we ever played galatasaray. Stop the world i'm getting off. As for bingo and moribund you probably think i'm a little tool but i'm actually alright me past all that but my mates are my mates. If you felt intimidated why didnt you talk to anyone or did you? I can guarantee if you spoke to me i'd of done something yes you probably didnt know who i am but you have a mouth and we certainly arent there to fight barrow fans ffs. I did move everybody to the back of the stand when i was asked not a great task i know but i did it to stop hassle. .
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4102
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Chester v Barrow
No I didn't speak to you or anyone else for that matter about you - when you say if I'd spoke to you you would have done something about - I don't know if that would have been a sorry mate or a punch in the face so I thought best not botherfinbar17 wrote:If these events ruined your footballing experience. I suggest you stop following barrow as we rise up the football league granted that isnt the way every football match is condoned. But with bigger attendances comes more hustle and bustle, more aggro, stricter stewarding which as fans we all know has the potential to cause unneeded stress at football. *longshot* but imagine if we ever played galatasaray. Stop the world i'm getting off. As for bingo and moribund you probably think i'm a little tool but i'm actually alright me past all that but my mates are my mates. If you felt intimidated why didnt you talk to anyone or did you? I can guarantee if you spoke to me i'd of done something yes you probably didnt know who i am but you have a mouth and we certainly arent there to fight barrow fans ffs. I did move everybody to the back of the stand when i was asked not a great task i know but i did it to stop hassle. .
And I won't ever stop going to watch the team whether we go up or down that's the nature of being a fan
You can buy me a cup of tea at aldershot on Saturday if you want
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Chester v Barrow
I don't care who goes but can the people that sing cringy songs like yesterday please stop it. all I could hear on radio was songs about Wrexham(confirmed by someone in ground) like at Southport people were singing we hate Chorley. Why??
But I suppose when you probably can't name half the starting 11 you have to sing about something
But I suppose when you probably can't name half the starting 11 you have to sing about something
Re: Cihester v Barrow
Bingo wrote:No I didn't speak to you or anyone else for that matter about you - when you say if I'd spoke to you you would have done something about - I don't know if that would have been a sorry mate or a punch in the face so I thought best not botherfinbar17 wrote:If these events ruined your footballing experience. I suggest you stop following barrow as we rise up the football league granted that isnt the way every football match is condoned. But with bigger attendances comes more hustle and bustle, more aggro, stricter stewarding which as fans we all know has the potential to cause unneeded stress at football. *longshot* but imagine if we ever played galatasaray. Stop the world i'm getting off. As for bingo and moribund you probably think i'm a little tool but i'm actually alright me past all that but my mates are my mates. If you felt intimidated why didnt you talk to anyone or did you? I can guarantee if you spoke to me i'd of done something yes you probably didnt know who i am but you have a mouth and we certainly arent there to fight barrow fans ffs. I did move everybody to the back of the stand when i was asked not a great task i know but i did it to stop hassle. .
And I won't ever stop going to watch the team whether we go up or down that's the nature of being a fan
You can buy me a cup of tea at aldershot on Saturday if you want
Well bingo I'm not at aldershot (work) but of course this is the point you jump on the fact I'm not at aldershot and try to call me out as a part time fan. I will however introduce myself to you next time I do see you. I'm led to believe you're a nice quiet man. So yesterday probably felt like the rome derby to you. However next time just a bit of co-operation is probably for the best. If i am that co-operation so to speak i don't mind none of what my friends did yesterday scared me. Don't you agree that were all going to support barrow in different ways some sit and clap, some stand and cheer, some swear, but what is football without passion? if we can support barrow in all our own ways but together then thats for't'best int'it.
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4102
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Chester v Barrow
Not calling you out as a part time fan at all - I stood throughout the whole game cheering my team yesterday
We all support our team in different ways yes - I didn't see any fans not embracing that so yes let's go away enjoy the game, behave and celebrate a good win
We all support our team in different ways yes - I didn't see any fans not embracing that so yes let's go away enjoy the game, behave and celebrate a good win
Last edited by Bingo on Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Chester v Barrow
Nothing wrong with banter or anything else teasonsble
I've followed Barrow for 48 years.
We have like many other clubs have illiterate ,bad mannered people and when challenged try to claim the moral ground
Yes mate go ask the people of Bradford about pyrotechnics. Enjoy but nr respectful.
True supporters do not tarnish the name of the club
I've followed Barrow for 48 years.
We have like many other clubs have illiterate ,bad mannered people and when challenged try to claim the moral ground
Yes mate go ask the people of Bradford about pyrotechnics. Enjoy but nr respectful.
True supporters do not tarnish the name of the club
Re: Chester v Barrow
Pedro wrote:Nothing wrong with banter or anything else teasonsble
I've followed Barrow for 48 years.
We have like many other clubs have illiterate ,bad mannered people and when challenged try to claim the moral ground
Yes mate go ask the people of Bradford about pyrotechnics. Enjoy but nr respectful.
True supporters do not tarnish the name of the club
A little out of order bringing that into the conversation. Sleeping dogs and all that. However you even trying to compare a SMOKE bomb at chester to the FIRE (caused by a cigarette, and wooden stadia in bradford is probably the most disrespectful thing ive seen anyone on here post. Get a grip and a grasp of reality. Yes smoke is no joke. But really come on.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Jim, Main Stand SeasonTct and 31 guests