Really, was this always the plan? Especially after all the work (and expense) undertaken during the close season)?spirit of 1990 wrote:"On the ground" Jonty?Jonty wrote:Ian, is there any chance the club can list the top 5 jobs to be done on the ground over summer. Thanks.
Off the top of my head and from the board meeting last week -
Pitch (re-laying the top layer)
BAFC updates
Re: BAFC updates
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
It's not as serious as it sounds Ralph. I think it involves skimming the grass tops off with a thin layer of top soil but leaving the grass roots in place (Gareth did tell me what this does but I've forgotten, I'll find out though) Another plus to doing this is it'll rectify a hollow on the pitch.Ralph wrote:Really, was this always the plan? Especially after all the work (and expense) undertaken during the close season)?spirit of 1990 wrote:
"On the ground" Jonty?
Off the top of my head and from the board meeting last week -
Pitch (re-laying the top layer)
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
- chipmunx
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2290
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
- Location: Fortress Holker Street
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
given the amount of water it had on it this winter it's not really a surprise some work was needed
Lancashire;- born and bred
Re: BAFC updates
Ian, correct me if i'm wrong, but thought i'd seen somewhere a quote saying that this close season the top square cages of the floodlights would be removed, repaired & the lights moved lower down pylon - would that be classed as "making safe" - or I am totally wrong on this assumption.spirit of 1990 wrote:"On the ground" Jonty?Jonty wrote:Ian, is there any chance the club can list the top 5 jobs to be done on the ground over summer. Thanks.
Off the top of my head and from the board meeting last week -
Toilets.
Pitch (re-laying the top layer)
Some work inside the main building including reception area and shop.
Floodlights (making safe)
Main stand shot blasting & spraying (steelwork)
Off field -
Merchandise.
Internet problems.
Kit.
Player recruitment/retain list.
Getting a former member of this forum to become the clubs PR consultant.
I obviously couldn't remember a fifthThere will be others I've missed so please don't go complaining to the club if I've missed something important out!
Is there something you'd like looking into that I haven't mentioned? I can always take other issues back.
Also, what's happened to the lights donated by Everton, could these be added to pylons at the same time - there were lots of dark areas during night matches last season due to more & more lights being out.
Thanks.
Re: BAFC updates
Ian I know the ground development could take a long time and I'm sure their are many hurdles to cross but I would have thought that an update very 3 months or so is not too much to ask?
Where are we currently in terms of land etc acquisitions and plans for the development even if only draft plans.
Something for the fans would be better than nothing at all.
Where are we currently in terms of land etc acquisitions and plans for the development even if only draft plans.
Something for the fans would be better than nothing at all.
Re: BAFC updates
I think everyone would welcome an official update soon on just exactly where the club is in terms of ground redevelopment.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
-
Lancaster Branch
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5509
- Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:15 pm
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
Personally not really fussed about updates and whatnot, it'll happen when it happens. Posting a few lines on here about 'encouraging meetings with the architects' or whatever won't put a spade in the ground any quicker.
Re: BAFC updates
I just hope it happens sooner rather than later so that some of us older fella's are still here to see that horrible day in 1972 put firmly behind us with a new ground and in the football league. Something for the future bluebirds to enjoy but not before us old 'uns have a bit of pleasure first.
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
I've spoken with Gareth today to get the full story. If he gets the go ahead it'll mean he will be taking the grass away to the roots and re-dressing it. It should then only be a week or so before the new shoots of grass appear, the plan is also to verti-drain it again. Hopefully this process will also improve one area that has a slight hollow.Ralph wrote:Really, was this always the plan? Especially after all the work (and expense) undertaken during the close season)?spirit of 1990 wrote:
"On the ground" Jonty?
Off the top of my head and from the board meeting last week -
Pitch (re-laying the top layer)
Paul wrote:Ian, correct me if i'm wrong, but thought i'd seen somewhere a quote saying that this close season the top square cages of the floodlights would be removed, repaired & the lights moved lower down pylon - would that be classed as "making safe" - or I am totally wrong on this assumption.Also, what's happened to the lights donated by Everton, could these be added to pylons at the same time - there were lots of dark areas during night matches last season due to more & more lights being out.Thanks.
I think Paul that the plan is to get a company to make them safe again as they have deteriorated since they were last done. I'm not certain whether that would mean taking off the baskets.
The lights from Goodison park are still stored in the GMA but I'm sure I've heard mentioned that they might not be worth using - whether that's because of their lux rating or not I'm not sure. Some of the darker areas have been caused by the floodlights actually moving slightly over the years so they don't point in the direction the were meant to.
Jonty wrote:I think everyone would welcome an official update soon on just exactly where the club is in terms of ground redevelopment.
I'd love to be able to put more but it really is a slow process dealing with some of the landowners around the ground (not that I have anything to do with that - I get the toilet jobsDaveP wrote:Ian I know the ground development could take a long time and I'm sure their are many hurdles to cross but I would have thought that an update very 3 months or so is not too much to ask?
Where are we currently in terms of land etc acquisitions and plans for the development even if only draft plans.
Something for the fans would be better than nothing at all.
I'll ask to see if there are any more interesting snippit's I can post.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
Re: BAFC updates
Ian, do you know when the latest feasibility study is due to take place and the timescale for it's review by the BoD.
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
I'm at the ground tomorrow Mark, I'll see if there's any dates or news on that.Mark Mc wrote:Ian, do you know when the latest feasibility study is due to take place and the timescale for it's review by the BoD.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7481
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
Desert Island Discs – Episode 94 – Paul Cox
This week top soccer boss Paul Cox delves deep into his old steamer trunk to extricate his all time favourite vinyls of all time. Next week Prof. Stephen Hawking.
1. We Gotta Get Out of This Place – The Animals
2. Changes – David Bowie
3. Don’t Stop Me Now – Queen
4. Price Tag – Jessie J Ft Bob
5. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For – U2
6. You Can’t Always Get What You Want – Rolling Stones
7. Heroes – David Bowie
8. Gonna Make You Sweat – C+C Music Factory
9. Shout to the Top – The Style Council
10. Love Lifts Us Up Where We Belong – Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes
This week top soccer boss Paul Cox delves deep into his old steamer trunk to extricate his all time favourite vinyls of all time. Next week Prof. Stephen Hawking.
1. We Gotta Get Out of This Place – The Animals
2. Changes – David Bowie
3. Don’t Stop Me Now – Queen
4. Price Tag – Jessie J Ft Bob
5. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For – U2
6. You Can’t Always Get What You Want – Rolling Stones
7. Heroes – David Bowie
8. Gonna Make You Sweat – C+C Music Factory
9. Shout to the Top – The Style Council
10. Love Lifts Us Up Where We Belong – Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...
- Steelworks End
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5959
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
Meanwhile, Cookie's playing the Clash's "Should I stay or should I go?" as he mulls over the small print of the contract in front of him.
- Adam29
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7290
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
Sorry if this has already been answered but any idea on when the shirts will be released for next season?
I remember seeing a while back that they would be available quite early
Wouldnt mind getting one before i go away if they are available (in the appropriate sizes that is ha)
I remember seeing a while back that they would be available quite early
Wouldnt mind getting one before i go away if they are available (in the appropriate sizes that is ha)
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
Trying to find out now Adam, get back as soon I hear anything.Adam29 wrote:Sorry if this has already been answered but any idea on when the shirts will be released for next season?
I remember seeing a while back that they would be available quite early
Wouldnt mind getting one before i go away if they are available (in the appropriate sizes that is ha)
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests