Holkerbird wrote:spirit of 1990 wrote:
Phil yesterday helped out because Austin is on holiday, which meant Jamie was looking after the away directors. What made yesterday slightly harder work was the fact that Simon Bishop (was going to be guest speaker) had to give late back word due to work commitments, Phil agreed to step in along with Dan Cockerline (I had the nice job of just standing in the background

)
Both Phil and Dan did a very, very good job of speaking to the corporates, a bit of humour and some informative team news.
I personally think its a great help when people who don't have to, agree to step in and help the club like this.
Step forward? It's a wonder you weren't killed in the rush. Why didn't yourself, Andrew Casson or Steve Patton do it as staff and Directors of the club or Emma Athersmith. Come on Ian.

Seriously, does it really matter? I would hate to have to speak to a packed room of half leathered supporters, Andrew has other duties on match days as does Steve Patton. Emma welcomed the corporate guests and explained her role at the club, Phil did the speaking, and from a couple of corporates I spoke to afterwards they thought he did very well.
I just don't get why this is getting to be made such a big deal of!
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.