BBC Radio Cumbria Sports.

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Matty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5369
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: BBC Radio Cumbria Sports.

Post by Matty » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:04 pm

barrowfan wrote:
Pedro wrote: Waiting for Paul Cox interview.
I waited and waited and waited...... James Philips likes the sound of his own voice and I am sick to death of his constant Carlisle United, Carlisle United, Carlisle United.
Twitter was great entertainment last weekend - CUFC fans glazing that Cox got a long interview and there was 'hardly any' Carlisle coverage.
Popular side since '03.

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11321
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: BBC Radio Cumbria Sports.

Post by McMark » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:15 pm

Pedro wrote:
K-Man wrote: Where abouts in Sri Lanka? I've just got into Colombo.
Yala.
Think I am going to jump in the lake just seen a Crocodile.
The game seemed to be going one way though I listened to it on Radio York
Waiting for Paul Cox interview.
I am really worried about lack of reinforcements.
Seems to be problems at Casson Towers .
Fill yer boots Pedro,
Post match with Paul Cox from 39:50 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04nk0dh#play

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3490
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: BBC Radio Cumbria Sports.

Post by Pedro » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:42 am

Mark Mc wrote:
Pedro wrote:
Yala.
Think I am going to jump in the lake just seen a Crocodile.
The game seemed to be going one way though I listened to it on Radio York
Waiting for Paul Cox interview.
I am really worried about lack of reinforcements.
Seems to be problems at Casson Towers .
Fill yer boots Pedro,
Post match with Paul Cox from 39:50 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04nk0dh#play
Thanks listened .Paul Cox has the team playing one way and other teams now know how to counter act us
We just need some more players to alter our game .
Not sure how this goalkeeper is playing but to me we need a goalkeeper another win back 2 midfielders and another forward and a millionaire to put some money into a team.
Pity we let Jason Walker go.
If Cox is to turn it around he needs some money to buy players.
Barrow AFC is fast looking like Blackburn Rovers ala Venkies
Think Lincoln will wipe the floor with us!


In all seriousness I wonder if we had to spend money to get rid of some of Edmondson's signings and that's the problem.

Will be home for Saturday's game just hope we can turn it around.

User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: BBC Radio Cumbria Sports.

Post by Adam29 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:14 am

That is the most ott statement iv seen.
To compare Paul Casson to the venkys is ridiculous.

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3490
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: BBC Radio Cumbria Sports.

Post by Pedro » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:10 pm

Adam29 wrote:That is the most ott statement iv seen.
To compare Paul Casson to the venkys is ridiculous.
Ok I am a plonker .
Yes Venkys are nothing like ,they do not invest in players nor the ground totally different to our Owner

BahamasBluebird
Senior Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:42 pm
Location: Funchal, Madeira
Contact:

Re: BBC Radio Cumbria Sports.

Post by BahamasBluebird » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:30 pm

Pedro wrote:
Adam29 wrote:That is the most ott statement iv seen.
To compare Paul Casson to the venkys is ridiculous.
Ok I am a plonker .
Yes Venkys are nothing like ,they do not invest in players nor the ground totally different to our Owner
- Paul Casson has a connection to the town in which the club plays.
- He hasn't started stripping the club of it's assets.
- He hasn't cashed in by selling some of our best players.

In all three cases it's the exact opposite. He is from the town, has invested in the club and has fought to hold on to some our best players.

This is the best position we have been in for a long time. Things might not be perfect but when are they ever perfect? Things take time and in my opinion we are ahead of where I expected us to be at this point. Let's be grateful that we are even in with a chance of the play offs and that a return to the football league isn't just a fantasy like it has been in the past.

If someone let's a live chicken on the pitch on Saturday we all know it was you Pedro :D

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11321
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: BBC Radio Cumbria Sports.

Post by McMark » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:59 pm

A mention of new signing Shaun Tuton 06:50 by Andy Wood, saying in his view he was comparable with Ross Hannah. Also a late mention of new signing Jack Thomas 48:55 as they found out on air via a tweet.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04p08ww#play
Last edited by McMark on Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Proper Supporter
New Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:10 am
Contact:

Re: BBC Radio Cumbria Sports.

Post by Proper Supporter » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:12 pm

we all know you read this website Paul Casson. get out your check book and sign some quality before we end up in a relegation battle.

Matty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5369
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: BBC Radio Cumbria Sports.

Post by Matty » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:13 pm

Proper Supporter wrote:we all know you read this website Paul Casson. get out your check book and sign some quality before we end up in a relegation battle.
Got to be a wind up account surely?
Popular side since '03.

Proper Supporter
New Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:10 am
Contact:

Re: BBC Radio Cumbria Sports.

Post by Proper Supporter » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:31 pm

this league is tight. the form we are in we are dropping down rapidly. I have supported this club since 1993 mate and I have seen some dark days. this is the best chance we have had of success in my time as a fan. maybe I am being drastic but if we don't sign some top class players we will not.finish top half mate

DIXIE
Veteran Member
Posts: 734
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 3:59 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: BBC Radio Cumbria Sports.

Post by DIXIE » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:03 am

Proper Supporter wrote:this league is tight. the form we are in we are dropping down rapidly. I have supported this club since 1993 mate and I have seen some dark days. this is the best chance we have had of success in my time as a fan. maybe I am being drastic but if we don't sign some top class players we will not.finish top half mate
You do write some rubbish, but this is possibly your best yet. We beat the top of the league 2 games ago, did you miss that.

User avatar
tommy2thumbs
Gold Member
Posts: 2473
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:26 pm
Contact:

Re: BBC Radio Cumbria Sports.

Post by tommy2thumbs » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:21 pm

Proper Supporter wrote:this league is tight. the form we are in we are dropping down rapidly. I have supported this club since 1993 mate and I have seen some dark days. this is the best chance we have had of success in my time as a fan. maybe I am being drastic but if we don't sign some top class players we will not.finish top half mate
Welcome Back a former member of this forum
La lucha continua...

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11321
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: BBC Radio Cumbria Sports.

Post by McMark » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:56 pm

Danny Livesey on air tonight from 23:40
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04qpm2b#play

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: barrow1987, Cubbins Paratrooper, MisterPleasant and 31 guests