Digital services are almost always slower in delivery for many reasons. I've always found digital radio via BBC iPlayer app is about 15/20 secs behind analogue radio. Never mind the encoding/decoding time and network traffic, even the hardware/software combo at your end can effect it.Londonblue wrote:There are quite big time gaps between what happens on the ground and when you hear it on the radio, especially digital or via the web.Jo am back wrote:So im listening to andy wood babbling shite on the radio,the score is still 0.0 when my lad shouts down the stairs get in Barrow are one up,i said no mate its 0.0 im listening to it on the radio,ten seconds later we score.Then he shouts down its 2.0 , so i says no im listening its still 1.0 then again we score,anyway what im saying is the score on flashscores were 30 seconds ahead of the radio,dont get it. What a great win anyway,roll on tuesday.
If I bet on a Barrow game (or any other) any scores flash up to a 1 or 2 minutes before I hear it on the radio or however I'm listening/watching it.
A decade or more ago when I lived in a flat and digital TV was in it's early days, we were watching an England game and so was the neighbour upstairs. I don't recall the game but the volume was up on the neighbours set so we could hear it just above ours, as England approached the opposition's area we heard goal celebrations from upstairs from the neighbours TV then about 30 secs later we saw England scored on our TV. Both the digital TV upstairs and our TV set top box were connected to the same aerial so they were running off the same signal. I've not seen such a disparity between digital TVs since, these days you usually don't see much more than a few secs between different sets. It is possible that our box was not any slower but simply buffered more before playing it back.