BAFC updates
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8339
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
Does that mean there's no local cup finals on Holker Street this year?
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
Can't see that being possible. There's a fair bit more going on, which I'll post about perhaps next week when a few things are settled on. The things I mention will all affect parts of the pitch area (amongst other areas)HenneysKnee wrote:Does that mean there's no local cup finals on Holker Street this year?
I'll get you an answer asap.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
Gareth seems to think there are some games being played on it, I'll check further though.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
Re: BAFC updates
Ian, please can you ask the club to share the floodlight plans with the fans. I appreciate that there has been a lot of effort going into this but very little information forthcoming, other than it's been a challenge. Has local authority planning permission been required? What sort of system are we getting LED? Football League standard?
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
I'll find out what I can this week Jonty, the exact details might not be available until Friday, that being the deadline for the final quotes.Jonty wrote:Ian, please can you ask the club to share the floodlight plans with the fans. I appreciate that there has been a lot of effort going into this but very little information forthcoming, other than it's been a challenge. Has local authority planning permission been required? What sort of system are we getting LED? Football League standard?
I had a walk around the ground on Friday afternoon with Paul & Andrew Casson as they showed me a couple of things that we (GMV's & Furness College) could help with over the summer, just basic stuff really but things that help with the ground grading & safety certificates. Regarding the floodlights, this is what I know so far (and it's obviously not the technical stuff)
As previously mentioned, work will start immediately after the final game of the season (play-offs still in the thoughts) the lights will go five meters out from the edge of the pitch. For example, in the garage corner they will sit just behind the pitch perimeter wall. I know five meters at the moment will position them pitch side of the wall but the pitch will be moving one meter towards the popular side over the summer.
I'll try and find out the more this week.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
Re: BAFC updates
Thanks, I think this is going by relatively unnanounced, when it is really a significant part of ground redevelopment and has been two years in the pipeline.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
Probably going "relatively unannounced" because every time something gets said and a problem holds it up the club (or whoever said it) gets their quote picked apart.Jonty wrote:Thanks, I think this is going by relatively unnanounced, when it is really a significant part of ground redevelopment and has been two years in the pipeline.
Just my view on it.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
Re: BAFC updates
Not the angle I'm coming from Ian, think everyone knows the floodlights have given the club a headache, so a good positive headline with some idea of the system we are getting would be a good thing. Personally hope the club have gone out to tender with a football league spec in mind because that's what we should be aiming for. As Austin Straker said, we'll only do this once, so has to be right.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
Re: BAFC updates
It's a shame it's going to look shit.
Re: BAFC updates
An LED high mast system may cost more initially, but over the long term the operating / maintenance costs will be less. Plus it's the way forward with stadium lighting as they can be dimmed / brightened to suit natural light levels.
League 2 requirement-is 500 average lux. We need to be aiming towards this standard. Hopefully Ian can come back with some detail about the system.
League 2 requirement-is 500 average lux. We need to be aiming towards this standard. Hopefully Ian can come back with some detail about the system.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
Re: BAFC updates
So a former member of this forum seems PC may have been at Maidstone on Saturday and the NWEM didn't know. How about that?spirit of 1990 wrote:I'll find out what I can this week Jonty, the exact details might not be available until Friday, that being the deadline for the final quotes.Jonty wrote:Ian, please can you ask the club to share the floodlight plans with the fans. I appreciate that there has been a lot of effort going into this but very little information forthcoming, other than it's been a challenge. Has local authority planning permission been required? What sort of system are we getting LED? Football League standard?
I had a walk around the ground on Friday afternoon with Paul & Andrew Casson as they showed me a couple of things that we (GMV's & Furness College) could help with over the summer, just basic stuff really but things that help with the ground grading & safety certificates. Regarding the floodlights, this is what I know so far (and it's obviously not the technical stuff)
As previously mentioned, work will start immediately after the final game of the season (play-offs still in the thoughts) the lights will go five meters out from the edge of the pitch. For example, in the garage corner they will sit just behind the pitch perimeter wall. I know five meters at the moment will position them pitch side of the wall but the pitch will be moving one meter towards the popular side over the summer.
I'll try and find out the more this week.
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
Oh right? Great that.DIXIE wrote:So a former member of this forum seems PC may have been at Maidstone on Saturday and the NWEM didn't know. How about that?spirit of 1990 wrote:
I'll find out what I can this week Jonty, the exact details might not be available until Friday, that being the deadline for the final quotes.
I had a walk around the ground on Friday afternoon with Paul & Andrew Casson as they showed me a couple of things that we (GMV's & Furness College) could help with over the summer, just basic stuff really but things that help with the ground grading & safety certificates. Regarding the floodlights, this is what I know so far (and it's obviously not the technical stuff)
As previously mentioned, work will start immediately after the final game of the season (play-offs still in the thoughts) the lights will go five meters out from the edge of the pitch. For example, in the garage corner they will sit just behind the pitch perimeter wall. I know five meters at the moment will position them pitch side of the wall but the pitch will be moving one meter towards the popular side over the summer.
I'll try and find out the more this week.
You still havnt replied to the maidstone prediction thread where I predicted we would lose when we did and you decided to have a go at me. Hope you havnt forgotten about this. "Xxx"
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
The pitch moved one metre (we don't spell metre the American way yet Ian but might have to after Brexit) nearer to the Popular side for what reason might I ask?
Last edited by Holkerbird on Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Lancaster Branch
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5509
- Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:15 pm
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
New commercial idea, selling viewing glasses to those in the main stand. Like the ones you get at the theatre and whatnot. 50p a game.Holkerbird wrote:The pitch moved one metre (we don't spell metre the American way yet Ian but might have to after Bexit) nearer to the Popular side for what reason might I ask?
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: BAFC updates
That was my first thought. One metre is a hell of a distance to us old 'uns. Yet more crap to carry to the game---binoculars now to go with the rattle, sweets, flask, blanket, fur trimmed hat, bum bag and cushion cos those plastic seats are cold.. The first 5 minutes are spent unpacking the Harrods bag they are conveyed in.Lancaster Branch wrote:New commercial idea, selling viewing glasses to those in the main stand. Like the ones you get at the theatre and whatnot. 50p a game.Holkerbird wrote:The pitch moved one metre (we don't spell metre the American way yet Ian but might have to after Brexit) nearer to the Popular side for what reason might I ask?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: MisterPleasant, Semrush [Bot] and 23 guests