Thoughts turn to next season
Thoughts turn to next season
Not sure whether it is safe to post this, but if I don't someone else will.
http://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/barrow-a ... 162f911-ds
http://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/barrow-a ... 162f911-ds
-
Renfrew Refugee
- Member
- Posts: 242
- Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:12 pm
- Location: Where the job takes me
- Contact:
Re: Thoughts turn to next season
How are we expected to believe that? Promised to strengthen during the January transfer window and all we got was 2nd rate loan players, and a distinct no deafening silence from the owner.
Voting with my feet today and staying home to watch the Super League on Sky Sports.
Voting with my feet today and staying home to watch the Super League on Sky Sports.
- glasgow_blue
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1385
- Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:12 am
- Location: The Barra
- Contact:
Re: Thoughts turn to next season
I'll believe it when i see itJim wrote:Not sure whether it is safe to post this, but if I don't someone else will.
http://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/barrow-a ... 162f911-ds
Nil Carborundum Illegitimi
- The Real Slim Azza
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6941
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
- Contact:
Re: Thoughts turn to next season
All talk...
Would have been a better idea to answer the phone in January and strengthen the squad when the club were in the play offs.
Would have been a better idea to answer the phone in January and strengthen the squad when the club were in the play offs.
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST
- prague bluebird
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2081
- Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:20 pm
- Location: Prague. Czech Republic
- Contact:
Re: Thoughts turn to next season
Half the clubs in the league will build a squad for promotion, how can BAFC manage better than all the others.
Prague Bluebird
Re: Thoughts turn to next season
This season was the best chance for promotion.glasgow_blue wrote:I'll believe it when i see itJim wrote:Not sure whether it is safe to post this, but if I don't someone else will.
http://www.nwemail.co.uk/sport/barrow-a ... 162f911-ds
I said in December that January signings or lack of them would show true intentions
I honestly think the Barrow team have done well on the squad we had.To many loan signings and those that did well were recalled Yates and the Notts Forrest goalkeeper .
Last home game players looked tired of the 11 against Woking the majority would have moved up a league or two to play for us or were loaned so hardly a high salary bill.
I hope i am wrong but i think we will look back and regret not going for it.
Paul Casson for some reason did not respond to the January window. I cannot see him putting more money into players in the summer.
Re: Thoughts turn to next season
I thought this thread would be a hostage to fortune.
- Steelworks End
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5959
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm
- Location: Twickenham
- Contact:
Re: Thoughts turn to next season
Were we ready for promotion this season though? Be honest.
Next - maybe.
Next - maybe.
-
BAFC_Lewis
- Senior Member
- Posts: 266
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:42 pm
- Contact:
Re: Thoughts turn to next season
Why does he say silly things like this?
-
BoltonBlue
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 529
- Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:24 am
- Contact:
Re: Thoughts turn to next season
This.Steelworks End wrote:Were we ready for promotion this season though? Be honest.
Next - maybe.
See what pre season brings.
-
thegaffer77
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3448
- Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:39 pm
- Contact:
Re: Thoughts turn to next season
Promotion. I'd take it whenever. You're never ready when you have your first child, but you deal with it and enjoy it eventually!
Stood behind Ray Wilkie for years. Best education I ever had.
-
Renfrew Refugee
- Member
- Posts: 242
- Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:12 pm
- Location: Where the job takes me
- Contact:
Re: Thoughts turn to next season
Will we be ready? I don't think so.
Things have to progress OFF the field and not just new floodlights i.e. extra seating requirements, can you honestly say Mr Casson is going to fund an extension to the Brian Arrowsmith stand? (roof on the Holker End
).
As for playing staff where was his commitment in January? how many games did we play without a full subs bench due to too many loan signings?
I await developments with baited breath.
Things have to progress OFF the field and not just new floodlights i.e. extra seating requirements, can you honestly say Mr Casson is going to fund an extension to the Brian Arrowsmith stand? (roof on the Holker End
As for playing staff where was his commitment in January? how many games did we play without a full subs bench due to too many loan signings?
I await developments with baited breath.
-
liverpoolann
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 913
- Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:13 pm
- Contact:
Re: Thoughts turn to next season
If we have another meet the manager/squad pre season do this year I do hope when questions invited we will hear some asking mr casson a) did you feel you had spent enough money by January on players budget b) were you unavailable by phone when Paul Cox was trying to contact you allegedly with players in his presence ready to sign and c) Have you underestimated expense of renovating /improving ground and therefore revamped and reduced your ambitions in this direction.Am fed up listening to people carping on about it this season under the Casson doesn't want to go up banner .Attend and ask the man direct or shut up
Re: Thoughts turn to next season
Like it IF!liverpoolann wrote:If we have another meet the manager/squad pre season do this year I do hope when questions invited we will hear some asking mr casson a) did you feel you had spent enough money by January on players budget b) were you unavailable by phone when Paul Cox was trying to contact you allegedly with players in his presence ready to sign and c) Have you underestimated expense of renovating /improving ground and therefore revamped and reduced your ambitions in this direction.Am fed up listening to people carping on about it this season under the Casson doesn't want to go up banner .Attend and ask the man direct or shut up
I will be there but he should have had one in January.
-
boyliegladbach
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8720
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
- Location: Tel aviv
- Contact:
Re: Thoughts turn to next season
All easy to say when it's not your own money.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests