Paul Cox Hartlepool

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9884
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by spirit of 1990 » Fri May 26, 2017 2:43 pm

I've obviously been reading all of this and I agree that some sort of statement should be coming from the club, so I e-mailed Paul this morning asking if he could make a brief statement on what has gone on the last twenty four hours. To be fair to Paul he rang me straight away (haven't a clue what time that will have been in Dallas but it'll have been early!!) and after a brief chat he said he'll make a statement and send it to me later today.

I've just received the reply in the last half hour but want to clear something up first, I'll then post it asap.

Sorry to disappoint some posters with a response off the club :)
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

K-Man
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5104
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 10:20 pm
Location: Qatar
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by K-Man » Fri May 26, 2017 2:48 pm

I wonder if he applied or they headhunted him ? Big difference.

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Fri May 26, 2017 2:49 pm

spirit of 1990 wrote:I've obviously been reading all of this and I agree that some sort of statement should be coming from the club, so I e-mailed Paul this morning asking if he could make a brief statement on what has gone on the last twenty four hours. To be fair to Paul he rang me straight away (haven't a clue what time that will have been in Dallas but it'll have been early!!) and after a brief chat he said he'll make a statement and send it to me later today.

I've just received the reply in the last half hour but want to clear something up first, I'll then post it asap.

Sorry to disappoint some posters with a response off the club :)

Good effort Ian.

Should you really have to prompt them though? This is the problem with having an owner on the other side of the world. I have no idea what goes on day to day at that club.

Good effort sorting something out though, better than nothing.
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

User avatar
Jonty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11116
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by Jonty » Fri May 26, 2017 2:51 pm

Barrow gave permission to speak to Cox but made it absolutely clear that there would have to be a buy out. Absolutely staggered that they then still pursued Cox thinking that this didn't matter and they could get him for nothing? This is from their local paper- Yes it is a staggering notion. No wonder their fans are not impressed.

"SportMail understands that the panel selecting the manager, led by head of recruitment Paul Watson, believed they could prise Cox from Barrow without having to pay compensation, a staggering notion.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

User avatar
John Very Little
Platinum Member
Posts: 4136
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:32 am
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by John Very Little » Fri May 26, 2017 2:55 pm

The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:
Londonblue wrote: It increased for the 2016/2017 season I believe and is 100% of the basic award to League 2 clubs in the first season and 50% the following season - assuming they don't go back up straight away.
I read somewhere that this is about £475k in hard cash for the first season - but I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.
Mad that if true. How come clubs coming up don't get an aircraft payment?
Also Casson said this buyout was in the "high 5 figures" , surely they could take that from there. Unless their money troubles are much worse than we think.
It's true!
Clubs in League 2 get close to £1million in TV money so promoted clubs going up will get that.
National League clubs get about £35k plus appearance fees when they're shown.
Rather than going from £1million to about £35K in TV Money over the summer the parachute payment cushions the drop to give time to clubs gradually reduce their wage bill and re-acclimatise to the lower income. TBH £237K in the second season isn't too bad either and York will get that next season in National League North!
A case of the Football League Clubs protecting their own interests and probably why 3 up 3 down won't happen any time soon.

Londonblue
Senior Member
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:32 am
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by Londonblue » Fri May 26, 2017 3:05 pm

Does anyone know what the basic award is for League 2 and what this exactly is?

Been trying to find out online but really struggling to find anything official.

User avatar
John Very Little
Platinum Member
Posts: 4136
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:32 am
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by John Very Little » Fri May 26, 2017 3:08 pm

spirit of 1990 wrote:I've obviously been reading all of this and I agree that some sort of statement should be coming from the club, so I e-mailed Paul this morning asking if he could make a brief statement on what has gone on the last twenty four hours. To be fair to Paul he rang me straight away (haven't a clue what time that will have been in Dallas but it'll have been early!!) and after a brief chat he said he'll make a statement and send it to me later today.
I've just received the reply in the last half hour but want to clear something up first, I'll then post it asap.
Sorry to disappoint some posters with a response off the club :)
Thanks Ian.
While we're on about communication (or lack of) the club also never announced that Andrew Casson was made a director about 3-4 weeks ago

Londonblue
Senior Member
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:32 am
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by Londonblue » Fri May 26, 2017 3:27 pm

John Very Little wrote:
spirit of 1990 wrote:I've obviously been reading all of this and I agree that some sort of statement should be coming from the club, so I e-mailed Paul this morning asking if he could make a brief statement on what has gone on the last twenty four hours. To be fair to Paul he rang me straight away (haven't a clue what time that will have been in Dallas but it'll have been early!!) and after a brief chat he said he'll make a statement and send it to me later today.
I've just received the reply in the last half hour but want to clear something up first, I'll then post it asap.
Sorry to disappoint some posters with a response off the club :)
Thanks Ian.
While we're on about communication (or lack of) the club also never announced that Andrew Casson was made a director about 3-4 weeks ago
I wonder if this is because of the difference between running a business and running a football club.

In a business, you wouldn't normally communicate internal appointments to the public. It's a "corporate " matter and would tend to be private (unless it has to be disclosed). But with a football club, more than ever, people want to know what is going on "off" the pitch as well as on it.

Just a thought - as I can't understand either why this stuff isn't put out by the club on a more timely basis and without having to be prompted.
Last edited by Londonblue on Fri May 26, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Fri May 26, 2017 3:28 pm

John Very Little wrote:
spirit of 1990 wrote:I've obviously been reading all of this and I agree that some sort of statement should be coming from the club, so I e-mailed Paul this morning asking if he could make a brief statement on what has gone on the last twenty four hours. To be fair to Paul he rang me straight away (haven't a clue what time that will have been in Dallas but it'll have been early!!) and after a brief chat he said he'll make a statement and send it to me later today.
I've just received the reply in the last half hour but want to clear something up first, I'll then post it asap.
Sorry to disappoint some posters with a response off the club :)
Thanks Ian.
While we're on about communication (or lack of) the club also never announced that Andrew Casson was made a director about 3-4 weeks ago
and that Steve Patton was down as resigned on companies house.....
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by boyliegladbach » Fri May 26, 2017 3:34 pm

The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:
John Very Little wrote: Thanks Ian.
While we're on about communication (or lack of) the club also never announced that Andrew Casson was made a director about 3-4 weeks ago
and that Steve Patton was down as resigned on companies house.....
Steve was announced months ago as leaving his director role. .
Keep up a former member of this forum

tictactoe
Platinum Member
Posts: 3546
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by tictactoe » Fri May 26, 2017 3:35 pm

spirit of 1990 wrote:I've obviously been reading all of this and I agree that some sort of statement should be coming from the club, so I e-mailed Paul this morning asking if he could make a brief statement on what has gone on the last twenty four hours. To be fair to Paul he rang me straight away (haven't a clue what time that will have been in Dallas but it'll have been early!!) and after a brief chat he said he'll make a statement and send it to me later today.

I've just received the reply in the last half hour but want to clear something up first, I'll then post it asap.

Sorry to disappoint some posters with a response off the club :)
Don't think any need for that last remark we're not in a school playground - however people go about it they are only raising concerns about things they are not happy about
everyone is entitled to their opinion, deal with it

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Fri May 26, 2017 3:44 pm

boyliegladbach wrote:
The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:
and that Steve Patton was down as resigned on companies house.....
Steve was announced months ago as leaving his director role. .
Keep up a former member of this forum

Must have missed that!

http://barrowafc.com/director/steve-patton/
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by boyliegladbach » Fri May 26, 2017 3:56 pm

The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:
boyliegladbach wrote: Steve was announced months ago as leaving his director role. .
Keep up a former member of this forum

Must have missed that!

http://barrowafc.com/director/steve-patton/
You might have been banned at the time, was on here
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24802
Last edited by boyliegladbach on Fri May 26, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Fri May 26, 2017 3:58 pm

boyliegladbach wrote:
The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote:

Must have missed that!

http://barrowafc.com/director/steve-patton/
You might have been banned at the time viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24802&hilit=Patton

Where is the official announcement on there?
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9884
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Paul Cox Hartlepool

Post by spirit of 1990 » Fri May 26, 2017 3:58 pm

tictactoe wrote:Don't think any need for that last remark we're not in a school playground - however people go about it they are only raising concerns about things they are not happy about
Seriously Lisa!!!

Take note of the little smiling face at the end of the post......tongue in cheek remark! this one isn't :roll:
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests