Q&A. Friday 11th August.
Re: Q&A. Friday 11th August.
Can somebody ask Donovan Makoma what his preferred pre match drink is? If it's not shipbuilders tea, there needs to be an enquiry post haste. With every passing season, this club sheds another layer of the town's proud identity.
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Q&A. Friday 11th August.
Well ok John, here's a response from a supporter of thirty years trying to do his best and not a "typical response from a director"John Very Little wrote: ↑Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:29 am This is [SwearFilter] typical of a response from a club director, cancel a Q&A session and hastily post at short notice saying well the players and Casson were there to answer questions when it was just announced as a Meet & Greet with the players. A number of us who were going to go to the Q&A session didn't bother when it was cancelled and are fed up with sarcastic comments like this appearing and I actually thought you were better than this Ian.
I'm taking that post as a insult aimed directly at me. I answered two questions from two supporters with two honest replies! what the [SwearFilter] did you want me to say? Where in what I posted is there any hint of sarcasm? Have a [SwearFilter] word with yourself. I've always tried to give replies to questions spoken as a supporter because that's what I am, if that's not good enough then drop a complaint into the club and I'll be more than happy to step aside.
I've explained on another topic that there was absolutely NOTHING the club could do at such short notice, and as some supporters had already turned up and there were six players in the building, we decided to go ahead with whatever came up on the night. Paul Casson was also there to take any questions asked of him.
Seeing as you are now the one to have answers to everything, how would you have replied to the two questions? what, with your vast amount of knowledge, would you have done differently?
I'll take it that at the time of your post you'd had a pint too many, if you want to speak to me personally at the game instead of spouting insults you know where a "typical director" stands.
FFS....unbelievable!
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
Re: Q&A. Friday 11th August.
What a clown you are!spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:34 amWell ok John, here's a response from a supporter of thirty years trying to do his best and not a "typical response from a director"John Very Little wrote: ↑Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:29 am This is [SwearFilter] typical of a response from a club director, cancel a Q&A session and hastily post at short notice saying well the players and Casson were there to answer questions when it was just announced as a Meet & Greet with the players. A number of us who were going to go to the Q&A session didn't bother when it was cancelled and are fed up with sarcastic comments like this appearing and I actually thought you were better than this Ian.
I'm taking that post as a insult aimed directly at me. I answered two questions from two supporters with two honest replies! what the [SwearFilter] did you want me to say? Where in what I posted is there any hint of sarcasm? Have a [SwearFilter] word with yourself. I've always tried to give replies to questions spoken as a supporter because that's what I am, if that's not good enough then drop a complaint into the club and I'll be more than happy to step aside.
I've explained on another topic that there was absolutely NOTHING the club could do at such short notice, and as some supporters had already turned up and there were six players in the building, we decided to go ahead with whatever came up on the night. Paul Casson was also there to take any questions asked of him.
Seeing as you are now the one to have answers to everything, how would you have replied to the two questions? what, with your vast amount of knowledge, would you have done differently?
I'll take it that at the time of your post you'd had a pint too many, if you want to speak to me personally at the game instead of spouting insults you know where a "typical director" stands.
FFS....unbelievable!
Re: Q&A. Friday 11th August.
spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:34 amWell ok John, here's a response from a supporter of thirty years trying to do his best and not a "typical response from a director"John Very Little wrote: ↑Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:29 am This is [SwearFilter] typical of a response from a club director, cancel a Q&A session and hastily post at short notice saying well the players and Casson were there to answer questions when it was just announced as a Meet & Greet with the players. A number of us who were going to go to the Q&A session didn't bother when it was cancelled and are fed up with sarcastic comments like this appearing and I actually thought you were better than this Ian.
I'm taking that post as a insult aimed directly at me. I answered two questions from two supporters with two honest replies! what the [SwearFilter] did you want me to say? Where in what I posted is there any hint of sarcasm? Have a [SwearFilter] word with yourself. I've always tried to give replies to questions spoken as a supporter because that's what I am, if that's not good enough then drop a complaint into the club and I'll be more than happy to step aside.
I've explained on another topic that there was absolutely NOTHING the club could do at such short notice, and as some supporters had already turned up and there were six players in the building, we decided to go ahead with whatever came up on the night. Paul Casson was also there to take any questions asked of him.
Seeing as you are now the one to have answers to everything, how would you have replied to the two questions? what, with your vast amount of knowledge, would you have done differently?
I'll take it that at the time of your post you'd had a pint too many, if you want to speak to me personally at the game instead of spouting insults you know where a "typical director" stands.
FFS....unbelievable!
Re: Q&A. Friday 11th August.
I went along last night even after finding out that the original panel had been changed due to emergent issues. It was a different type of evening than previous ones I have attended.
All I will say about the evening is the players are totally committed for playing for Coxy, they are an ambitious group that want success for Barrow AFC.
Now is it too much to ask that we all get behind the manager and players and give them our support.
Assa Hall was in the title winning Cheltenham team that was 15 points behind early in the season before embarking on a run of 30 odd games to win the title. He said the team spirit and the support was key to their success, he doesn't see why it won't happen at Barrow especially with the quality of the squad and management team.
I'll be there today as normal cheering the team on.
All I will say about the evening is the players are totally committed for playing for Coxy, they are an ambitious group that want success for Barrow AFC.
Now is it too much to ask that we all get behind the manager and players and give them our support.
Assa Hall was in the title winning Cheltenham team that was 15 points behind early in the season before embarking on a run of 30 odd games to win the title. He said the team spirit and the support was key to their success, he doesn't see why it won't happen at Barrow especially with the quality of the squad and management team.
I'll be there today as normal cheering the team on.
-
GTBLUE
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5238
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:27 pm
- Location: WHEN WE HAD A ROOF
- Contact:
Re: Q&A. Friday 11th August.
Ta Ian.spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:25 pm No double booking Lisa, probably just cars of people attending the Q&A.
Six players & Paul Casson there to answer questions Graham.
- Nigel Bamford
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2700
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
- Location: Between here and gone
- Contact:
Re: Q&A. Friday 11th August.
@cuffy can you explain what you mean about the session being changed "... due to emergent issues"?
It all comes 'round again.
Re: Q&A. Friday 11th August.
Well that escalated quickly.Atlee wrote: ↑Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:44 amWhat a clown you are!spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:34 am
Well ok John, here's a response from a supporter of thirty years trying to do his best and not a "typical response from a director"
I'm taking that post as a insult aimed directly at me. I answered two questions from two supporters with two honest replies! what the [SwearFilter] did you want me to say? Where in what I posted is there any hint of sarcasm? Have a [SwearFilter] word with yourself. I've always tried to give replies to questions spoken as a supporter because that's what I am, if that's not good enough then drop a complaint into the club and I'll be more than happy to step aside.
I've explained on another topic that there was absolutely NOTHING the club could do at such short notice, and as some supporters had already turned up and there were six players in the building, we decided to go ahead with whatever came up on the night. Paul Casson was also there to take any questions asked of him.
Seeing as you are now the one to have answers to everything, how would you have replied to the two questions? what, with your vast amount of knowledge, would you have done differently?
I'll take it that at the time of your post you'd had a pint too many, if you want to speak to me personally at the game instead of spouting insults you know where a "typical director" stands.
FFS....unbelievable!
- Dalton Bluebird
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1325
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:49 pm
- Location: Dalton in Furness
- Contact:
Re: Q&A. Friday 11th August.
Thanks Ian. I don't envy you trying to do this job, you just can't win with some people. Keep up the good work.spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:34 amWell ok John, here's a response from a supporter of thirty years trying to do his best and not a "typical response from a director"John Very Little wrote: ↑Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:29 am This is [SwearFilter] typical of a response from a club director, cancel a Q&A session and hastily post at short notice saying well the players and Casson were there to answer questions when it was just announced as a Meet & Greet with the players. A number of us who were going to go to the Q&A session didn't bother when it was cancelled and are fed up with sarcastic comments like this appearing and I actually thought you were better than this Ian.
I'm taking that post as a insult aimed directly at me. I answered two questions from two supporters with two honest replies! what the [SwearFilter] did you want me to say? Where in what I posted is there any hint of sarcasm? Have a [SwearFilter] word with yourself. I've always tried to give replies to questions spoken as a supporter because that's what I am, if that's not good enough then drop a complaint into the club and I'll be more than happy to step aside.
I've explained on another topic that there was absolutely NOTHING the club could do at such short notice, and as some supporters had already turned up and there were six players in the building, we decided to go ahead with whatever came up on the night. Paul Casson was also there to take any questions asked of him.
Seeing as you are now the one to have answers to everything, how would you have replied to the two questions? what, with your vast amount of knowledge, would you have done differently?
I'll take it that at the time of your post you'd had a pint too many, if you want to speak to me personally at the game instead of spouting insults you know where a "typical director" stands.
FFS....unbelievable!
I don't belieeeeeeeve it!

- John Very Little
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4136
- Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:32 am
- Contact:
Re: Q&A. Friday 11th August.
Ian I know you're a fan of 30 years but you're also a director so would treat your replies to be also from that position and it just seemed that the answers came across as a little sarcastic (difficult to tell on here) but the club's communication is also pretty bad, not just on this but other things as well.spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:34 amWell ok John, here's a response from a supporter of thirty years trying to do his best and not a "typical response from a director"John Very Little wrote: ↑Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:29 am This is [SwearFilter] typical of a response from a club director, cancel a Q&A session and hastily post at short notice saying well the players and Casson were there to answer questions when it was just announced as a Meet & Greet with the players. A number of us who were going to go to the Q&A session didn't bother when it was cancelled and are fed up with sarcastic comments like this appearing and I actually thought you were better than this Ian.
I'm taking that post as a insult aimed directly at me. I answered two questions from two supporters with two honest replies! what the [SwearFilter] did you want me to say? Where in what I posted is there any hint of sarcasm? Have a [SwearFilter] word with yourself. I've always tried to give replies to questions spoken as a supporter because that's what I am, if that's not good enough then drop a complaint into the club and I'll be more than happy to step aside.
I've explained on another topic that there was absolutely NOTHING the club could do at such short notice, and as some supporters had already turned up and there were six players in the building, we decided to go ahead with whatever came up on the night. Paul Casson was also there to take any questions asked of him.
Seeing as you are now the one to have answers to everything, how would you have replied to the two questions? what, with your vast amount of knowledge, would you have done differently?
I'll take it that at the time of your post you'd had a pint too many, if you want to speak to me personally at the game instead of spouting insults you know where a "typical director" stands.
FFS....unbelievable!
Firstly when Paul Cox and Ogden couldn't make it why didn't we still have a Q&A with Paul/Andrew Casson as many questions would have been directed towards them? As the players were there could there also have been a separate Q&A with them?
The announcement about the cancellation was also confusing saying that the players would be there and questions could be asked and in your post you say you could have come along and ask Paul Casson questions - if this was the case why was the Official Q&A cancelled? Was it that we could have asked Paul Casson a number of questions or not last night? You only have to look at previous replies to see how confusing it was.
I get the impression that despite the Q&A being officially cancelled and something else arranged more to do with the players (and no mention of Paul Cason) I get the impression your post and the clubs tweet are saying well you could've come along and asked questions and it's your fault that you didn't even though it wasn't clear what was actually happening and this is what annoyed me (and others I was with who were going to attend).
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Q&A. Friday 11th August.
I can hand-on-heart say my answers weren't in any way meant as sarcastic, reading back over them I still can't see any hint of that. I'd come in last night after a board meeting and then attending as much of the Q&A as I could before actually heading home to spend some time of a weekend with my family, I quickly tried to answer two questions. That's all.John Very Little wrote: ↑Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:23 pm it just seemed that the answers came across as a little sarcastic (difficult to tell on here)
I'm not denying it could have been worded better, but that has absolutely nothing to do with me. To tell you the truth, I only found out late on as it was.John Very Little wrote: ↑Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:23 pm The announcement about the cancellation was also confusing saying that the players would be there and questions could be asked and in your post you say you could have come along and ask Paul Casson questions - if this was the case why was the Official Q&A cancelled? Was it that we could have asked Paul Casson a number of questions or not last night? You only have to look at previous replies to see how confusing it was.
It's not that I'm annoyed at, it's the fact that you were somehow twisting my replies to being something other than simply being a supporter that now has a role at the club.
Thanks for your well thought out post Atlee, must be so easy sat there sniping.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
Re: Q&A. Friday 11th August.
Do the Trust and the Owner / club have regular meetings to discuss concerns / issues of Trust members?
Would that be something worth exploring and a more appropriate forum for 'tough' questions where resolutions can be discussed openly and honestly without the constraints of public image. The trust could then feedback to its members through the newsletter. A good incentive to recruit new members.
Would that be something worth exploring and a more appropriate forum for 'tough' questions where resolutions can be discussed openly and honestly without the constraints of public image. The trust could then feedback to its members through the newsletter. A good incentive to recruit new members.
I wanna take you to an Away Bar
- glasgow_blue
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1385
- Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:12 am
- Location: The Barra
- Contact:
Re: Q&A. Friday 11th August.
But why should only trust members get answers to difficult questions? Sort of implied that if your not a trust member, then don't expect any information. Apologies if that was not what you implied.
Nil Carborundum Illegitimi
Re: Q&A. Friday 11th August.
Technically no, but the Trust would have more power to influence decisions with higher membership. More in addition to regular public q and a's than an alternative.glasgow_blue wrote: ↑Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:02 pm But why should only trust members get answers to difficult questions? Sort of implied that if your not a trust member, then don't expect any information. Apologies if that was not what you implied.
I wanna take you to an Away Bar
Re: Q&A. Friday 11th August.
I didn't take Ian's reply to my post as sarcastic and my initial question wasn't being sarcastic either just a question why people were there as I didn't know the night had been arranged into something else
everyone is entitled to their opinion, deal with it
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: mulholland, Semrush [Bot] and 38 guests