Where do we go from here?

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Post Reply
russell_anderson
Platinum Member
Posts: 2881
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by russell_anderson » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:28 pm

Lots of emails whizzing around suggesting backhanders and financial impropriety, no doubt! Possibly correct, possibly incorrect!!

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:33 pm

russell_anderson wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:28 pm Lots of emails whizzing around suggesting backhanders and financial impropriety, no doubt! Possibly correct, possibly incorrect!!
No, definitely not.
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

Soulboy
Veteran Member
Posts: 585
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:53 am
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by Soulboy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:36 pm

Which part correct?

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:37 pm

Soulboy wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:36 pm Which part correct?
None of that stuff RA has just made up
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

Soulboy
Veteran Member
Posts: 585
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:53 am
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by Soulboy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:40 pm

Ok thanks for clarifying.

Arvo
Gold Member
Posts: 1775
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by Arvo » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:53 pm

Chris Benoit wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:57 am I've been a critic in the recent past of Casson but having been given a bit of insight to life at the club under Paul Cox' reign I am now fully behind the owner.
...
And he had his reasons believe me. Nothing to do with wanting cash back or cutting costs.
God, I hate posts like these. They're such a tease. Still, I guess I'll find out eventually (about 2027).
No bubblewrap unpopped.

Bluebarrowman
Member
Posts: 216
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 7:36 am
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by Bluebarrowman » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:57 pm

So for the people in the know

Was it the correct decision for Paul Cox to leave the club?

Tom Brownlee
Member
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by Tom Brownlee » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:58 pm

Arvo wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:53 pm
Chris Benoit wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:57 am I've been a critic in the recent past of Casson but having been given a bit of insight to life at the club under Paul Cox' reign I am now fully behind the owner.
...
And he had his reasons believe me. Nothing to do with wanting cash back or cutting costs.
God, I hate posts like these. They're such a tease. Still, I guess I'll find out eventually (about 2027).
They are not a tease they are pathetic - I know something you don't know! Is it the school playground or a fans forum?! And all the forum posters hanging on to every word saying 'tell me' 'PM me!'. Have a word with yourselves!

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:01 pm

Tom Brownlee wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:58 pm
Arvo wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:53 pm
God, I hate posts like these. They're such a tease. Still, I guess I'll find out eventually (about 2027).
They are not a tease they are pathetic - I know something you don't know! Is it the school playground or a fans forum?! And all the forum posters hanging on to every word saying 'tell me' 'PM me!'. Have a word with yourselves!
Wait a minute, weren't you there when the original discussion happened?
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3489
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by Pedro » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:06 pm

Chris Benoit wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:52 am
Pedro wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:09 am
Totally agree both wanted different things.
The Manager wanted to enhance his by reputation by getting the club promoted and the owner wants his cash back
If you say so. I don't think you could be more wrong though. If he wanted his cash back then he'd have pulled the plug on other things like the floodlights which are still being completed. Just because things aren't going at the pace we would like does not mean that they aren't progressing. We might not have a new ground pop over over night like Fleetwood and you know who but we will get there. The new manager when appointed WILL have money to spend too.

I've been a critic in the recent past of Casson but having been given a bit of insight to life at the club under Paul Cox' reign I am now fully behind the owner. We will get a decent manager in who will still have a decent budget. If Paul Casson could just stop the daft statements putting too much pressure on the squad then we might just have a shot at going about things quietly and sneaking into the promotion picture. We don't have the worst squad about and with a couple of tweaks and a new managers fresh input it'll be fine.
I think the way the floodlights had deteriated the league would have been contacted by the referees saying we could not play under them.
I think he had no option.

User avatar
Lowtower
Silver Member
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by Lowtower » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:06 pm

Tom Brownlee wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:58 pm
Arvo wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:53 pm
God, I hate posts like these. They're such a tease. Still, I guess I'll find out eventually (about 2027).
They are not a tease they are pathetic - I know something you don't know! Is it the school playground or a fans forum?! And all the forum posters hanging on to every word saying 'tell me' 'PM me!'. Have a word with yourselves!
Can you Pm me ?

Tom Brownlee
Member
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by Tom Brownlee » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:17 pm

The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:01 pm
Tom Brownlee wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:58 pm

They are not a tease they are pathetic - I know something you don't know! Is it the school playground or a fans forum?! And all the forum posters hanging on to every word saying 'tell me' 'PM me!'. Have a word with yourselves!
Wait a minute, weren't you there when the original discussion happened?
Not sure that necessarily detracts from what I'm saying? Nor sure I was there either for any such discussion?

User avatar
Lowtower
Silver Member
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by Lowtower » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:20 pm

Bluebarrowman wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:57 pm So for the people in the know

Was it the correct decision for Paul Cox to leave the club?
Yes*

*If of course what I have been told is true, if not then I'd say no.

Wasn't this sort of thing what the Special a former member of this forum section was set up for ?

Chris Benoit
Gold Member
Posts: 1768
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by Chris Benoit » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:21 pm

Pedro wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:06 pm
Chris Benoit wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:52 am

If you say so. I don't think you could be more wrong though. If he wanted his cash back then he'd have pulled the plug on other things like the floodlights which are still being completed. Just because things aren't going at the pace we would like does not mean that they aren't progressing. We might not have a new ground pop over over night like Fleetwood and you know who but we will get there. The new manager when appointed WILL have money to spend too.

I've been a critic in the recent past of Casson but having been given a bit of insight to life at the club under Paul Cox' reign I am now fully behind the owner. We will get a decent manager in who will still have a decent budget. If Paul Casson could just stop the daft statements putting too much pressure on the squad then we might just have a shot at going about things quietly and sneaking into the promotion picture. We don't have the worst squad about and with a couple of tweaks and a new managers fresh input it'll be fine.
I think the way the floodlights had deteriated the league would have been contacted by the referees saying we could not play under them.
I think he had no option.
If he wanted out he'd have been long gone before it got to that.
Steve Herbert supports the nob theory - Saturday 4th February 2012.

If this bus crashed and everybody on it died, Barrow football would end - Daz Boyle, Boston away, August 9th 2014.

User avatar
The Real Slim Azza
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Where do we go from here?

Post by The Real Slim Azza » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:26 pm

Tom Brownlee wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:17 pm
The Real Slim a former member of this forum wrote: ↑Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:01 pm

Wait a minute, weren't you there when the original discussion happened?
Not sure that necessarily detracts from what I'm saying? Nor sure I was there either for any such discussion?
I was told you were there like.
Taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
BIG BADGE MISTAKE POLOS
END OF POST

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big_Bluebird and 31 guests