Christ,,, give the lad a break. He is obviously doing the best he can with his limited experience and resources. Also he does not get paid, maybe you could volunteer your free time to help Ryan and implement your ideas. Keep plugging on Ryan.mr_grey wrote: ↑Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:40 amOnce again.. looks like it's being well advertise with plenty of advance notice.. appears you're trying to think very much on your feet to try and passify the dwindling support.on the terracesBahamasBluebird wrote: ↑Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:07 pm
They presented their findings at the University and a few people from the club went along to listen. They also produced a report which we all read, and I use some of it quite often.
I'm sorry to disappoint about the half season tickets but as I have said, they won't be offered. We will be trying some different ticket offers in the New Year, some of which are actually part inspired by the Lancaster Uni students findings.![]()
Commercial
Re: Commercial
Re: Commercial
As I said in a previous post, the team, including Ryan, work hard with limited resources. He’s trying his best with what he had to work with.
Again, the leadership and strategic management should come from the M.D.: usually a person who leads from the front not someone who hides in his office all day playing games on his phone
getting other members of staff to deal with complaints and customers when the going gets tough. I’ve seen that for myself.
Get your leader right and the rest will follow. Someone with solid people management skills as well as an ability to implement strategy and the ability to interact with all stakeholders: fans, sponsors, suppliers, contractors etc. Not just present a PowerPoint at a fans forum and say what the crowd wants to hear with no follow up.
All my own personal opinion. But don’t take this out on Ryan.
Again, the leadership and strategic management should come from the M.D.: usually a person who leads from the front not someone who hides in his office all day playing games on his phone
Get your leader right and the rest will follow. Someone with solid people management skills as well as an ability to implement strategy and the ability to interact with all stakeholders: fans, sponsors, suppliers, contractors etc. Not just present a PowerPoint at a fans forum and say what the crowd wants to hear with no follow up.
All my own personal opinion. But don’t take this out on Ryan.
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Commercial
Mr Grey, Has Anya any plans to come and help us out?
Re: Commercial
Im Unsure of Anyas plans as she is currently in her second year of a Football Business and Marketing degree at UCFB at The Etihad in Manchester and has said that she is assisting Andrew with some digital and traditional marketing frameworks to promote the Club via a deal set up between UCFB and all the National League.clubs. Via the university she also interfaces with other National league clubs on the aspects of Marketing.
Re: Commercial
It’s great that students are being used to help out the club. Gives them experience and knowledge that cannot be gained in a classroom environment.
Concerning though that all the club’s ‘staffing’ is provided at extremely low cost or for free. You get what you pay for IMO. This is not a sustainable model for a succesful business. I know most people on here are more concerned about the on the pitch activities. But the club as a whole needs to function well off the pitch as well. You can’t have one without the other.
On that note I thought the new sales role interviews were taking place last week? Did this happen?
Concerning though that all the club’s ‘staffing’ is provided at extremely low cost or for free. You get what you pay for IMO. This is not a sustainable model for a succesful business. I know most people on here are more concerned about the on the pitch activities. But the club as a whole needs to function well off the pitch as well. You can’t have one without the other.
On that note I thought the new sales role interviews were taking place last week? Did this happen?
Re: Commercial
It all takes money I'm afraid.
I'm sure the owner had an idea of expected gates and his required input for each area.
Unfortunately significantly lower crowds than he probably expected means he is spending a bigger proportion on the team and little left for the rest.
I'm sure the owner had an idea of expected gates and his required input for each area.
Unfortunately significantly lower crowds than he probably expected means he is spending a bigger proportion on the team and little left for the rest.
Re: Commercial
Did you read what Ryan has written?
In essence, the LANU students presented a report based upon their research and Ryan is taking that into account, including suggestions for ticket offers which are to be implemented shortly as he has now written on two or three occasions.
Perhaps their research indicated that half season tickets would not be popular in a season when significant pre-season offers apparently increased the uptake of full season tickets? Do you have evidence otherwise?
(Worth mentioning that the clubs digital presence, noted on Twitter and the website - perhaps others have seen it elsewhere? - has improved enormously this season due to Ryan's efforts, which I have appreciated.)
THE NORTHERN WAY
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8337
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Commercial
Is the idea for the latest ticket offer to get a large crowd in on Boxing Day?
-
Roger Charnley 1907
- Member
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:52 am
- Contact:
Re: Commercial
I went up to the shop late afternoon yesterday.
There really isn't anything in there at all. Im rather annoyed as my brother in law in the US is now going to get a different present sent to him for xmas. I shall keep my money in my back pocket.
There really isn't anything in there at all. Im rather annoyed as my brother in law in the US is now going to get a different present sent to him for xmas. I shall keep my money in my back pocket.
Re: Commercial
Serves you right Roger, for leaving present buying so late, especially for despatch to America!Roger Charnley 1907 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:29 pm I went up to the shop late afternoon yesterday.
There really isn't anything in there at all. Im rather annoyed as my brother in law in the US is now going to get a different present sent to him for xmas. I shall keep my money in my back pocket.
-
Roger Charnley 1907
- Member
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:52 am
- Contact:
Re: Commercial
haha hope you are well JIm.Jim wrote: ↑Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:07 pmServes you right Roger, for leaving present buying so late, especially for despatch to America!Roger Charnley 1907 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:29 pm I went up to the shop late afternoon yesterday.
There really isn't anything in there at all. Im rather annoyed as my brother in law in the US is now going to get a different present sent to him for xmas. I shall keep my money in my back pocket.![]()
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Commercial
We have probably done you a favour. I sent a calendar to my sister in the US and it cost me £10-22p in postage. Ryan would have got your brother-in-law a flight over here for that, or less.
-
Summerof76
- Member
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:55 am
- Contact:
Re: Commercial
@EHB @Beardy12
Unfortunately I was at the club for less than 2 years and as such I have no case. A company can fire anyone up to two years with no reason whatsoever. Unless there is a valid case showing that there are grounds for unfair dismissal based on one of the nine characteristics of the Equity Act there is no point filing for unfair dismissal.
However it is usual for companies who have underperforming staff to put them through the capability procedure after they have completed six months probation. I was set a financial target in April. I openly admit I was behind behind target in both Q1 and Q2. The process should have started at the end of Q1 if followed correctly. At no time was I issued with a formal verbal warning, a written warning and a final written warning. I had no PIP in place to help me. I myself have managed staff through the performance and capability process and I can confirm that at no stage was this process implemented. So this is more a case of procedure not being followed rather than unfair dismissal. The frustrating factors here are that about three weeks before I was dismissed, I was told by my line manager, that everything was progressing ok.....he understood my frustrations at how slowly some deals moved along and that I shouldn’t worry about levels of hospitality bookings for this season as there has been so many changes. I do have to state though that I was paid everything I was owed and entitled to.
I openly admit I could have done things better. No one is perfect. And there is always room for improvement. But I am not so egotistical that I can’t admit that. However, I looked after the sponsors really well. Commercial Management is NOT just about sales and figures. It’s about relationship management. Ensuring the sponsors are well looked after and want to return as sponsors year after year. When I took over I ‘saved’ several existing sponsor relationships: people who had been disheartened at the lack of contact from the club. I changed that. And for the better. But I didn’t bring enough cold hard cash in. End of story. My job description did not reflect the fact that I was only being judged on a financial target. But none of this mattered.
I could go on and on. I did so many things to ensure things happened and to avoid embarrassment on the clubs part on certain occasions. I wasn’t sure whether I should post any ofthis or not but I am not saying anything that isn’t fact. And it’s has felt quite cathartic to be honest.
I was devastated to be dismissed. Again, I wish the next person the best of luck. I hope they have a good understanding of the area we live in, the companies who trade here, and look after those who have already committed money, time and advice to the club. Although it seems to be a purely targeted role which obviously suits the club more now.
If I had a pound for every sponsor I’ve sent since spoken to who said ‘we only came to the club because of you’.....
Unfortunately I was at the club for less than 2 years and as such I have no case. A company can fire anyone up to two years with no reason whatsoever. Unless there is a valid case showing that there are grounds for unfair dismissal based on one of the nine characteristics of the Equity Act there is no point filing for unfair dismissal.
However it is usual for companies who have underperforming staff to put them through the capability procedure after they have completed six months probation. I was set a financial target in April. I openly admit I was behind behind target in both Q1 and Q2. The process should have started at the end of Q1 if followed correctly. At no time was I issued with a formal verbal warning, a written warning and a final written warning. I had no PIP in place to help me. I myself have managed staff through the performance and capability process and I can confirm that at no stage was this process implemented. So this is more a case of procedure not being followed rather than unfair dismissal. The frustrating factors here are that about three weeks before I was dismissed, I was told by my line manager, that everything was progressing ok.....he understood my frustrations at how slowly some deals moved along and that I shouldn’t worry about levels of hospitality bookings for this season as there has been so many changes. I do have to state though that I was paid everything I was owed and entitled to.
I openly admit I could have done things better. No one is perfect. And there is always room for improvement. But I am not so egotistical that I can’t admit that. However, I looked after the sponsors really well. Commercial Management is NOT just about sales and figures. It’s about relationship management. Ensuring the sponsors are well looked after and want to return as sponsors year after year. When I took over I ‘saved’ several existing sponsor relationships: people who had been disheartened at the lack of contact from the club. I changed that. And for the better. But I didn’t bring enough cold hard cash in. End of story. My job description did not reflect the fact that I was only being judged on a financial target. But none of this mattered.
I could go on and on. I did so many things to ensure things happened and to avoid embarrassment on the clubs part on certain occasions. I wasn’t sure whether I should post any ofthis or not but I am not saying anything that isn’t fact. And it’s has felt quite cathartic to be honest.
I was devastated to be dismissed. Again, I wish the next person the best of luck. I hope they have a good understanding of the area we live in, the companies who trade here, and look after those who have already committed money, time and advice to the club. Although it seems to be a purely targeted role which obviously suits the club more now.
If I had a pound for every sponsor I’ve sent since spoken to who said ‘we only came to the club because of you’.....
-
whitty1969
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2937
- Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: Commercial
It was always going to be difficult following the previous regime.
Unpaid bills all over town and people/sponsors let down. I think you did a great job in difficult circumstances.
Good luck E on what you do next x
Unpaid bills all over town and people/sponsors let down. I think you did a great job in difficult circumstances.
Good luck E on what you do next x
Re: Commercial
I have also heard alot about unpaid bills - players being turned away from clinics due to previous unpaid scans, caterers not being paid for thier work. Worrying if true.
Well done emma. I always found u to be very polite and good at your job. AC needs to go now
Well done emma. I always found u to be very polite and good at your job. AC needs to go now
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Always Ultra, liam_b82 and 21 guests