MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
-
saltcellar
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2840
- Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 pm
- Contact:
MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY:
Sometimes we get it wrong, and it's clear to us that changes we made to our hospitality offering at the start of the season weren't quite right.
We are pleased to announce our new price range for hospitality at our home matches:
We have made some changes to the pricing structure of our hospitality packages at our Vanarama National League home games.
Sometimes we get it wrong, and it’s clear to us that the changes we made to our hospitality offering at the start of the season weren’t quite right.
We are pleased to announce our new pricing structure for hospitality at our home matches at the Furness Building Society Stadium, starting with the visit of Wrexham on Boxing Day.
Our new prices are as follows:
Adults: £45
Adults (Soft Drinks Only): £36
Adults (Season Ticket Holders): £33
Children: £25
(All prices include VAT.)
To celebrate these new prices we have a festive offer on for our game against Solihull Moors on 30th December. You can sample our hospitality offering at that game for:
Adults: £36
Adults (Soft Drinks Only): £30
Adults (Season Ticket Holders): £28
Children: £20
Our hospitality package includes:
– A delicious pre-match meal.
– A half time offering of locally sourced, handmade cakes.
– Post match sandwiches and light bites.
– A reserved seat in a specially designated area of the Brian Arrowsmith stand.
– A copy of our match day programme and a team sheet.
– A pre-match talk from either a first team player or club director.
– 5 complimentary drinks of your choice including real ale, and a range of alcoholic, soft and hot drinks.
Sometimes we get it wrong, and it's clear to us that changes we made to our hospitality offering at the start of the season weren't quite right.
We are pleased to announce our new price range for hospitality at our home matches:
We have made some changes to the pricing structure of our hospitality packages at our Vanarama National League home games.
Sometimes we get it wrong, and it’s clear to us that the changes we made to our hospitality offering at the start of the season weren’t quite right.
We are pleased to announce our new pricing structure for hospitality at our home matches at the Furness Building Society Stadium, starting with the visit of Wrexham on Boxing Day.
Our new prices are as follows:
Adults: £45
Adults (Soft Drinks Only): £36
Adults (Season Ticket Holders): £33
Children: £25
(All prices include VAT.)
To celebrate these new prices we have a festive offer on for our game against Solihull Moors on 30th December. You can sample our hospitality offering at that game for:
Adults: £36
Adults (Soft Drinks Only): £30
Adults (Season Ticket Holders): £28
Children: £20
Our hospitality package includes:
– A delicious pre-match meal.
– A half time offering of locally sourced, handmade cakes.
– Post match sandwiches and light bites.
– A reserved seat in a specially designated area of the Brian Arrowsmith stand.
– A copy of our match day programme and a team sheet.
– A pre-match talk from either a first team player or club director.
– 5 complimentary drinks of your choice including real ale, and a range of alcoholic, soft and hot drinks.
-
barrowaberdeen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9034
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
- Location: Independent Newbarns
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
Better, but still the can limit..
Am pleased the club have listened and admitted they weren't right though, fair play for that. ST holders get a decent discount too which helps
Am pleased the club have listened and admitted they weren't right though, fair play for that. ST holders get a decent discount too which helps
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8338
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
Is it still 5 cans?
-
BAFC_Lewis
- Senior Member
- Posts: 266
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:42 pm
- Contact:
-
saltcellar
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2840
- Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
Real Ale in cans?
-
barrowaberdeen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9034
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
- Location: Independent Newbarns
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
No, they have London Pride.
When they kept it cheap and simple it was fine. Ditch the cakes and ale, stock up on the cans, drop it another couple of quid, Bob's yer uncle. This idea that Barrow have a business community willing to pay highish proces to watch us is wrong IMO. What we do have is a fair few small business, clubs and groups of mates of people who sometimes go to Barrow, who will 'do' corporate' for a bevvy up and a bit of a laugh.
When they kept it cheap and simple it was fine. Ditch the cakes and ale, stock up on the cans, drop it another couple of quid, Bob's yer uncle. This idea that Barrow have a business community willing to pay highish proces to watch us is wrong IMO. What we do have is a fair few small business, clubs and groups of mates of people who sometimes go to Barrow, who will 'do' corporate' for a bevvy up and a bit of a laugh.
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
Who the hell wants cakes at half time offer a few plates of Sarnies let’s not be naive most people paying for hospitality want to get [SwearFilter] and it has to be seen as good value -it’s not club wembley is it .
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
Absolutely spot on. Weird how the club release statements as soon as a few on here discuss things. Andrew - we would like all homeshirts for a tenner???barrowaberdeen wrote: ↑Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:58 pm No, they have London Pride.
When they kept it cheap and simple it was fine. Ditch the cakes and ale, stock up on the cans, drop it another couple of quid, Bob's yer uncle. This idea that Barrow have a business community willing to pay highish proces to watch us is wrong IMO. What we do have is a fair few small business, clubs and groups of mates of people who sometimes go to Barrow, who will 'do' corporate' for a bevvy up and a bit of a laugh.
-
Roger Charnley 1907
- Member
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:52 am
- Contact:
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
A strange occurance that we were discussing this very subject only recently and the changes have been made.
The pricing structure wasn’t right and to up it to £54 was ludicrous! It drove many people away! Hopefully now more people can attend and we can get the atmosphere back in the rooms
The pricing structure wasn’t right and to up it to £54 was ludicrous! It drove many people away! Hopefully now more people can attend and we can get the atmosphere back in the rooms
-
Summerof76
- Member
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:55 am
- Contact:
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
From a commercial point of view the basic rule of thumb for hospitality (in any sector) is the rule of thirds.
One third on food/drinks, one third on overheads (which costed properly included wages, heating etc plus incidentals such as serviettes even!) and one third profit. Forget about the VAT, just look at the net cost. So the new price for the season was commercially sound and actually let the club make a profit! Surely no one can deny that is a positive. I actually don’t agree with the price reduction as looking at the new pricing, profit will be minimised if not eroded conpletely. But I do understand that numbers have to increase because the fan base cannot bring itself to accept the changes and support the club in being profitable.
Yes, yes cans are cheap. Yes, yes you can get pie and peas for thre’pence ha’penny......but seriously you can’t serve that at every game to infinity and beyond. Things have to change! It is not a simple case of a can is 50p. Bam, charge me £20 and I can get drunk at the expense of the club which is what was happening!!!! That archaic notion is not commercially viable any more.
For the games that I was there this season 5 drinks was sufficient for most people as the whole experience is about the atmosphere, the game, the banter and yes, shock horror, sometimes networking! And the cakes went down a treat at half time. Trust me because there were never any left over for me to eat! I can say this now but if your intention is just to get drunk then hospitality is not the right place to do so. That is for the bar. This happens at no other club?! I went to several away games and experienced hospitality.....no free drinks (how did i cope?!) and a damn sight more expensive for no better food/surroundings/atmosphere and service.
I said this all the time. You don’t go to a restaurant/pub and expect your drinks and meal to be charged at cost price or a loss so why is the club any different? You love the club and want it succeed yet pick this to bits because it’s a change and not what you are used to.
I know this is an emotive subject and many of you feel you have been excluded. I have no idea why I’m defending the club, apart from the fact I was immensely proud of how hospitality had changed and was progressing. I think some people need to understand that actual thought and commercial acumen went in to some decisions!
Peace and goodwill and all that
One third on food/drinks, one third on overheads (which costed properly included wages, heating etc plus incidentals such as serviettes even!) and one third profit. Forget about the VAT, just look at the net cost. So the new price for the season was commercially sound and actually let the club make a profit! Surely no one can deny that is a positive. I actually don’t agree with the price reduction as looking at the new pricing, profit will be minimised if not eroded conpletely. But I do understand that numbers have to increase because the fan base cannot bring itself to accept the changes and support the club in being profitable.
Yes, yes cans are cheap. Yes, yes you can get pie and peas for thre’pence ha’penny......but seriously you can’t serve that at every game to infinity and beyond. Things have to change! It is not a simple case of a can is 50p. Bam, charge me £20 and I can get drunk at the expense of the club which is what was happening!!!! That archaic notion is not commercially viable any more.
For the games that I was there this season 5 drinks was sufficient for most people as the whole experience is about the atmosphere, the game, the banter and yes, shock horror, sometimes networking! And the cakes went down a treat at half time. Trust me because there were never any left over for me to eat! I can say this now but if your intention is just to get drunk then hospitality is not the right place to do so. That is for the bar. This happens at no other club?! I went to several away games and experienced hospitality.....no free drinks (how did i cope?!) and a damn sight more expensive for no better food/surroundings/atmosphere and service.
I said this all the time. You don’t go to a restaurant/pub and expect your drinks and meal to be charged at cost price or a loss so why is the club any different? You love the club and want it succeed yet pick this to bits because it’s a change and not what you are used to.
I know this is an emotive subject and many of you feel you have been excluded. I have no idea why I’m defending the club, apart from the fact I was immensely proud of how hospitality had changed and was progressing. I think some people need to understand that actual thought and commercial acumen went in to some decisions!
Peace and goodwill and all that
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
Summerof76 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:34 am From a commercial point of view the basic rule of thumb for hospitality (in any sector) is the rule of thirds.
One third on food/drinks, one third on overheads (which costed properly included wages, heating etc plus incidentals such as serviettes even!) and one third profit. Forget about the VAT, just look at the net cost. So the new price for the season was commercially sound and actually let the club make a profit! Surely no one can deny that is a positive. I actually don’t agree with the price reduction as looking at the new pricing, profit will be minimised if not eroded conpletely. But I do understand that numbers have to increase because the fan base cannot bring itself to accept the changes and support the club in being profitable.
Yes, yes cans are cheap. Yes, yes you can get pie and peas for thre’pence ha’penny......but seriously you can’t serve that at every game to infinity and beyond. Things have to change! It is not a simple case of a can is 50p. Bam, charge me £20 and I can get drunk at the expense of the club which is what was happening!!!! That archaic notion is not commercially viable any more.
For the games that I was there this season 5 drinks was sufficient for most people as the whole experience is about the atmosphere, the game, the banter and yes, shock horror, sometimes networking! And the cakes went down a treat at half time. Trust me because there were never any left over for me to eat! I can say this now but if your intention is just to get drunk then hospitality is not the right place to do so. That is for the bar. This happens at no other club?! I went to several away games and experienced hospitality.....no free drinks (how did i cope?!) and a damn sight more expensive for no better food/surroundings/atmosphere and service.
I said this all the time. You don’t go to a restaurant/pub and expect your drinks and meal to be charged at cost price or a loss so why is the club any different? You love the club and want it succeed yet pick this to bits because it’s a change and not what you are used to.
I know this is an emotive subject and many of you feel you have been excluded. I have no idea why I’m defending the club, apart from the fact I was immensely proud of how hospitality had changed and was progressing. I think some people need to understand that actual thought and commercial acumen went in to some decisions!
Peace and goodwill and all that![]()
An excellent post. Bring on the cakes.
-
olbarrafancumbak
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2489
- Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm
- Contact:
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
Your absolutely right! As Ive stated before the club is a business and if people can be arsed trawling through previous threads and topics, we have all questioned why the club did not take a more professional approach in areas like this?Summerof76 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:34 am From a commercial point of view the basic rule of thumb for hospitality (in any sector) is the rule of thirds.
One third on food/drinks, one third on overheads (which costed properly included wages, heating etc plus incidentals such as serviettes even!) and one third profit. Forget about the VAT, just look at the net cost. So the new price for the season was commercially sound and actually let the club make a profit! Surely no one can deny that is a positive. I actually don’t agree with the price reduction as looking at the new pricing, profit will be minimised if not eroded conpletely. But I do understand that numbers have to increase because the fan base cannot bring itself to accept the changes and support the club in being profitable.
Yes, yes cans are cheap. Yes, yes you can get pie and peas for thre’pence ha’penny......but seriously you can’t serve that at every game to infinity and beyond. Things have to change! It is not a simple case of a can is 50p. Bam, charge me £20 and I can get drunk at the expense of the club which is what was happening!!!! That archaic notion is not commercially viable any more.
For the games that I was there this season 5 drinks was sufficient for most people as the whole experience is about the atmosphere, the game, the banter and yes, shock horror, sometimes networking! And the cakes went down a treat at half time. Trust me because there were never any left over for me to eat! I can say this now but if your intention is just to get drunk then hospitality is not the right place to do so. That is for the bar. This happens at no other club?! I went to several away games and experienced hospitality.....no free drinks (how did i cope?!) and a damn sight more expensive for no better food/surroundings/atmosphere and service.
I said this all the time. You don’t go to a restaurant/pub and expect your drinks and meal to be charged at cost price or a loss so why is the club any different? You love the club and want it succeed yet pick this to bits because it’s a change and not what you are used to.
I know this is an emotive subject and many of you feel you have been excluded. I have no idea why I’m defending the club, apart from the fact I was immensely proud of how hospitality had changed and was progressing. I think some people need to understand that actual thought and commercial acumen went in to some decisions!
Peace and goodwill and all that![]()
I did think the price hike was too much and the new prices are more in touch for what and who we are.. Barrow!
The whole experience in general has improved from the old offerings.. do I dare say a bit more sophisticated? But the banter and laughs in there are really good!
I got involved in sponsorship via the work and products I supplied (I didn't want freebies from the club, I just wanted to give to the club I love!!) based on my own personal views of the "old hospitality"
Staff were always pleasant but by having bars to serve from, meet and greet etc was imo better than 3 staff lent against a wall next to a poxy fridge with their feet against the wall like kids on a street corner! hence the suggestion of us supplying the bars so we had a better look than tables rammed with food and beer which looked like a sht Jacobs join
The food is ok, not "gormet" The allocation of beers is fair, I'm not a cake muncher so I personally don't agree with cakes at half time BUT surprisingly, they do go down well.. The sarnies at the end is always welcome and have always been good for some stodge after consumption of beer!!
It all looks more professional, still bits to iron out and add to.. Ive asked and others have too for option on spirits etc, even if its a not part of the initial token allocation.. only so much beer my pot bellied stomach can take and I do like to move on to a few voddies!!
Ive taken my kids along several times (girls) and they have now taken keen interest with the football as they have met, seen, photographed their favourite players etc and they are a small part in the future of the club and whenmy boy is old enough, he too will be taken along for the various offerings at the club!! The staff have always gone that extra mile with my girls, even baby sat to some extent and taken to the stand to sit while dad goes and stand in his favourite place..
I just think sometimes that no matter how or what the club does, it will never be right for all or some but on the whole, the changes made are all positive moves by the club and Andrew and the staff..
For me as a business, its been fantastic to be involved and it has raised my profile with some of the networking done via hospitality and I would definitely suggest to other small businesses who lve the club to ask how you can get involved and help the club get to that sustainable place! Seriously..give it a go!
-
Roger Charnley 1907
- Member
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:52 am
- Contact:
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
Seems more an afternoon tea than a lads day out. Seemingly “the lads “ are what the club would rather not engage with but also need them to fill the rooms up. Catch22 all over.
Bar the last couple Ive enjoyed my time previously on the rooms and hope this is the road to improvement
Bar the last couple Ive enjoyed my time previously on the rooms and hope this is the road to improvement
-
Roger Charnley 1907
- Member
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:52 am
- Contact:
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
Also! Please get some windows in there
-
olbarrafancumbak
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2489
- Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm
- Contact:
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
SPOT ON!!! surely enough ability between us to make this happen ? I have building experience and could help but I'm shit at installing windows
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests