"Buy high, sell low" its amazing how many business folk are on here! Wonder if any have applied for commercial managers position??yack wrote: ↑Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:15 pmA run a successful business. You don't start high (£) You start low. Then build from there and increase prices over time once that model fits. That's not rocket science.Summerof76 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:39 am That’s fine then! I tried my best. Wasn’t good enough as we all know. So no profit now but more bums on seats and Georgia looking after it all on her own so longer to set up etc........Great business model and not comparable to other teams at the clubs level or the future vision regardless of the on the pitch activity.But every one’s an expert on these matters. Think I’ll just go become a brain surgeon cos I watched Holby City last week!
Just because you’ve been going to watch football for years doesn’t make you an expert!!! And not one business ever complained to me.....door was always open as you all know. I never shyed away from being visible at all occasions. Hmmmmm......
MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
-
olbarrafancumbak
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2489
- Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm
- Contact:
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
- Bigfathoss
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2767
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:35 pm
- Contact:
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
I don't think that's what he/she/neutral pronoun said. I think they were referring to Sell Low, Build A Clientele and Product, Sell Higher For Better Value.olbarrafancumbak wrote: ↑Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:47 pm"Buy high, sell low" its amazing how many business folk are on here! Wonder if any have applied for commercial managers position??
The Commercial Manager's job was advertised £20k too low.
A=A
Your life, is YOUR life. Live it.
Your life, is YOUR life. Live it.
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
Yes that's what I meant.Bigfathoss wrote: ↑Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:51 pmI don't think that's what he/she/neutral pronoun said. I think they were referring to Sell Low, Build A Clientele and Product, Sell Higher For Better Value.olbarrafancumbak wrote: ↑Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:47 pm
"Buy high, sell low" its amazing how many business folk are on here! Wonder if any have applied for commercial managers position??
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
How do they police the 5 can rule? Do people get tickets/vouchers?
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
I have been on half a dozen or so hospitality do's over the last few seasons and always had a good day. I would say that 8 out of 10 of those attending in the groups I was with were not regular fans, in other words they were at a social gathering centred around the football. The value to the club in this scenario is in the match day ticket price from people who would not ordinarily have been at the game. When it went to £54 it simply put off this sort of group from going. Last season I helped organise a Tues "curry" night game and it was well supported by groups of contractors at work and we had a great night, helped by a cracking game (3-2 v Chester)
I think the club lost sight of the formula that worked. I don't necessarily think it's the 5 drinks tokens bit either, it's the pricing. The value to the club is in regular fans who organise the hospitality and bring in those in wouldn't normally be at the game and hopefully they have a good enough time and come back again.
I think the club lost sight of the formula that worked. I don't necessarily think it's the 5 drinks tokens bit either, it's the pricing. The value to the club is in regular fans who organise the hospitality and bring in those in wouldn't normally be at the game and hopefully they have a good enough time and come back again.
Last edited by Jonty on Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
-
olbarrafancumbak
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2489
- Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm
- Contact:
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
Was a bit if tongue in cheek!Bigfathoss wrote: ↑Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:51 pmI don't think that's what he/she/neutral pronoun said. I think they were referring to Sell Low, Build A Clientele and Product, Sell Higher For Better Value.olbarrafancumbak wrote: ↑Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:47 pm
"Buy high, sell low" its amazing how many business folk are on here! Wonder if any have applied for commercial managers position??
The Commercial Manager's job was advertised £20k too low.
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
Spot on.
Whoever sets these prices sees it from how the club can make the most money per person - but no doubt the overall income goes down as fewer people come because of the cost.
Reduce the cost and more fans will come and give the club more income but slightly less profit per person, but more people will come.
The profit per person will be less but the extra number of people will soon bring more overall profit.
Some people only see the profit per person rather than the bigger picture.
It's not rocket science.
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
I've done 2 corporates in each of the last 3 seasons mainly for birthdays and even though the club has dropped the price I for 1 won't be doing it. The 5 can limit is poor IMHO.I like a lot of people like to fill my boots,and still can't see this being a winner.just my opinion folks
how we get there i don,t no.Barrows on the way
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
Interesting to read peoples perception on can limits, personally I couldn't bear to drink a single can of the tasteless fizzy stuff let alone 5.paddy71 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:27 pm I've done 2 corporates in each of the last 3 seasons mainly for birthdays and even though the club has dropped the price I for 1 won't be doing it. The 5 can limit is poor IMHO.I like a lot of people like to fill my boots,and still can't see this being a winner.just my opinion folks
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
Get to your 8th or 9th then it starts to feel quite nice yack.again only my opinionyack wrote: ↑Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:25 pmInteresting to read peoples perception on can limits, personally I couldn't bear to drink a single can of the tasteless fizzy stuff let alone 5.paddy71 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:27 pm I've done 2 corporates in each of the last 3 seasons mainly for birthdays and even though the club has dropped the price I for 1 won't be doing it. The 5 can limit is poor IMHO.I like a lot of people like to fill my boots,and still can't see this being a winner.just my opinion folks
how we get there i don,t no.Barrows on the way
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
-
geobarrovian
- Senior Member
- Posts: 445
- Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 11:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
Should definitely try and get some Fell, Hawkshead or Hardknott beer in like.
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
Why not do a deal with "Coniston Bluebiird "geobarrovian wrote: ↑Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:25 pm Should definitely try and get some Fell, Hawkshead or Hardknott beer in like.
Re: MATCH DAY HOSPITALITY
All top breweries. Fell.. Robust porter, Hawkshead.. Tiramisu ( they even make their own lager for the tasteless fizzy loversgeobarrovian wrote: ↑Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:25 pm Should definitely try and get some Fell, Hawkshead or Hardknott beer in like.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: McMark and 18 guests