disgraceful

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
wrexham150
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:39 pm
Contact:

Re: disgraceful

Post by wrexham150 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:03 pm

Bingo wrote: ↑Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:03 am I suppose in hindsight I think the best way to react to them is just to laugh at them. 15 or so lads with a distasteful flag and the local media / Wrexham fans / social media and those that are outraged and offended by everything these days go into meltdown - it is all a bit OTT.

Tribal banter at football matches is part of going to football and adds to the atmosphere, I suppose it's knowing what is and what isn't acceptable.
i get your point but its hard to laugh when they mock the death of someone you knew

Shaun
Gold Member
Posts: 2085
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:43 pm
Contact:

Re: disgraceful

Post by Shaun » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:38 pm

Wrexham, sorry for your experience mate but honestly most Barrow fans are spot on and these morons annoy everyone here. They are a prepubescent, experimental splatter down the trousers of the club, nothing more. Don't give them the 'publicity' they want.
"Walter, I'm sure there's a reason you brought your dirty undies..."

Roger Charnley 1907
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:52 am
Contact:

Re: disgraceful

Post by Roger Charnley 1907 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:25 pm

Shaun

Whilst I agree with everything you are saying this is a regular occurance now and should be getting sorted as it sheds a bad light on us all

Hitthebar22
Silver Member
Posts: 1433
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 am
Contact:

Re: disgraceful

Post by Hitthebar22 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:31 pm

wrexham150 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:03 pm
Bingo wrote: ↑Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:03 am I suppose in hindsight I think the best way to react to them is just to laugh at them. 15 or so lads with a distasteful flag and the local media / Wrexham fans / social media and those that are outraged and offended by everything these days go into meltdown - it is all a bit OTT.

Tribal banter at football matches is part of going to football and adds to the atmosphere, I suppose it's knowing what is and what isn't acceptable.
i get your point but its hard to laugh when they mock the death of someone you knew
You are absolutely right. There is an obvious boundary and in their childish naïveté they went well past it. Please don’t think they are representative of the club and its supporters because they aren’t. We are largely all right up here, and have a decent sense of the acceptable and unacceptable both on the field and off it. I’ve no status to apologise on behalf of the club, but a personal apology from me regarding the flag.
I disagree with the gouging allegation as it being some sort of deliberate act. That’s proved by your manager saying Barrow players - in the plural - were doing it, and not identifying a single one of them. Massive overreaction to an accidental injury. Don’t look to the ref for support - he couldn’t see anything, handballs in penalty areas in particular.

liverpoolann
Bronze Member
Posts: 913
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:13 pm
Contact:

Re: disgraceful

Post by liverpoolann » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:55 pm

If any of these stupid individuals are indeed the same people who were involved in the incidents at the Blackburn game then it shows that security/stewarding failed as they should have had their Id displayed inside turnstiles with preferably a picture to assist gatemen.The local police also should have been more aware.They should have been detained breaking the ban.I fail to see why the idiot that was thrown out was not nicked when he re entered the ground.We need to show this behaviour not clever or acceptable.Also the Wrexham bottle throwers need identifying .Believe cameras were used at Blackburn game hope they were this one.Official court banning orders required .The fans that travel away should not have grief from opposing fans cos of these idiots.

User avatar
The Tomahawk Kid
Platinum Member
Posts: 3386
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:19 pm
Location: Dingly Dell
Contact:

Re: disgraceful

Post by The Tomahawk Kid » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:14 pm

wrexham150 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:03 pm
Bingo wrote: ↑Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:03 am I suppose in hindsight I think the best way to react to them is just to laugh at them. 15 or so lads with a distasteful flag and the local media / Wrexham fans / social media and those that are outraged and offended by everything these days go into meltdown - it is all a bit OTT.

Tribal banter at football matches is part of going to football and adds to the atmosphere, I suppose it's knowing what is and what isn't acceptable.
i get your point but its hard to laugh when they mock the death of someone you knew
It's all a bit OTT???? Knowing what's acceptable & unacceptable???????

Bingo; one min you're up in arms regarding so called 'inflammatory' comments I made on a recent thread with regard to the FA Trophy game at Nuneaton - comments which you twisted to suit your own ends and viewpoint - and the next you're drumming down the display of a 'distasteful' flag proclaiming the reaction it's caused to be OTT! Really? You think so?

I didn't attend the game and only found out today that the flag related to the death of a person from cancer.
I lost my best buddy to cancer and currently have another friend receiving treatment for it...
That flag has nothing to do with 'Tribal Banter'. The people responsible for producing and displaying such a flag are simply devoid of any humanity ie they're of a subhuman species.

OTT? Get real mate! That flag was an utter disgrace! It's brought shame down on Barrow AFC.
Apologies to Wrexham and in particular to the Wrexham fan who lost his friend.
When we set sail across the seven seas,
There was Captain Dan and Billy Bones and me...
and the Tomahawk Kid

Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts: 4101
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Failsworth, Manchester
Contact:

Re: disgraceful

Post by Bingo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:49 pm

The Tomahawk Kid wrote: ↑Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:14 pm
wrexham150 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:03 pm

i get your point but its hard to laugh when they mock the death of someone you knew
It's all a bit OTT???? Knowing what's acceptable & unacceptable???????

Bingo; one min you're up in arms regarding so called 'inflammatory' comments I made on a recent thread with regard to the FA Trophy game at Nuneaton - comments which you twisted to suit your own ends and viewpoint - and the next you're drumming down the display of a 'distasteful' flag proclaiming the reaction it's caused to be OTT! Really? You think so?

I didn't attend the game and only found out today that the flag related to the death of a person from cancer.
I lost my best buddy to cancer and currently have another friend receiving treatment for it...
That flag has nothing to do with 'Tribal Banter'. The people responsible for producing and displaying such a flag are simply devoid of any humanity ie they're of a subhuman species.

OTT? Get real mate! That flag was an utter disgrace! It's brought shame down on Barrow AFC.
Apologies to Wrexham and in particular to the Wrexham fan who lost his friend.
I never said it's was anything other than disrespectful and disgusting from those that made the flag. The reaction towards to the town and the club as a whole has been totally over the top. It was 15 or so kids not the whole club and rightly it has been condemned. banter is part of going to the football but these kids need to know what is and isn't acceptable - and I've made clear this isn't acceptable.

And we have all lost friends and family to cancer so pipe down.

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3489
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: disgraceful

Post by Pedro » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:58 pm

Bingo wrote: ↑Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:49 pm
The Tomahawk Kid wrote: ↑Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:14 pm

It's all a bit OTT???? Knowing what's acceptable & unacceptable???????

Bingo; one min you're up in arms regarding so called 'inflammatory' comments I made on a recent thread with regard to the FA Trophy game at Nuneaton - comments which you twisted to suit your own ends and viewpoint - and the next you're drumming down the display of a 'distasteful' flag proclaiming the reaction it's caused to be OTT! Really? You think so?

I didn't attend the game and only found out today that the flag related to the death of a person from cancer.
I lost my best buddy to cancer and currently have another friend receiving treatment for it...
That flag has nothing to do with 'Tribal Banter'. The people responsible for producing and displaying such a flag are simply devoid of any humanity ie they're of a subhuman species.

OTT? Get real mate! That flag was an utter disgrace! It's brought shame down on Barrow AFC.
Apologies to Wrexham and in particular to the Wrexham fan who lost his friend.
I never said it's was anything other than disrespectful and disgusting from those that made the flag. The reaction towards to the town and the club as a whole has been totally over the top. It was 15 or so kids not the whole club and rightly it has been condemned. banter is part of going to the football but these kids need to know what is and isn't acceptable - and I've made clear this isn't acceptable.

And we have all lost friends and family to cancer so pipe down.

The stewards should have dealt with it and if they had a problem call the police.

nads
Veteran Member
Posts: 623
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:15 am
Contact:

Re: disgraceful

Post by nads » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:34 pm

The sad fact is all clubs have [SwearFilter] heads following them.A proper well thought out area for away fans need sorting until then these events will keep happening .Read an article on the mail website about the young lad who sadly passed I don’t understand the taunting and mocking of person dying his family shouldn’t have to put up with that shit from anyone .

thegaffer77
Platinum Member
Posts: 3448
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:39 pm
Contact:

Re: disgraceful

Post by thegaffer77 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:46 am

nads wrote: ↑Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:34 pm The sad fact is all clubs have [SwearFilter] heads following them.A proper well thought out area for away fans need sorting until then these events will keep happening .Read an article on the mail website about the young lad who sadly passed I don’t understand the taunting and mocking of person dying his family shouldn’t have to put up with that shit from anyone .
The disgusting children in question jumped on a bandwagon to upset the Wrexham fans. Majority of Barrow fans knew nothing about this poor lad and family. A bit of Christmas Googling on their new toys from Santa will have led to this. No place for any of this in our club. We must learn lessons and move on.
Stood behind Ray Wilkie for years. Best education I ever had.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: colyates, Gnasher66, Hendoblue, MikeRenney, ossickbluebird and 64 guests