Agree with that can't we just ban drums it's our groundboyliegladbach wrote: ↑Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:43 am Next season when tranmere come to holker st can we please ban that irritating drum. How can them Scousers stand listening to some fool banging a drum with no real beat or tune for 90 minutes.
If I was a Tranmere fan I would be putting my foot through it.
Barrow v tranmere match thread
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4101
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v tranmere match thread
-
liverpoolann
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 913
- Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:13 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v tranmere match thread
Actually spoke to Andrew Casson re the drum as match was starting as think when our crowd quiet at home givesxaway team a lift.He can’t see anything wrong with it and would like Barrow fans to make a lot of noise with one!Any likely musicians out there?Perhaps shop can sell ear plugs for rest of us lol.
-
conquistador
- Member
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:55 am
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v tranmere match thread
As long as they beat it in the away end, it is not too loud for the rest of us. I must admit I didn't really notice them after a while( I spotted two drummers)
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v tranmere match thread
liverpoolann wrote: ↑Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:22 pm Actually spoke to Andrew Casson re the drum as match was starting as think when our crowd quiet at home givesxaway team a lift.He can’t see anything wrong with it and would like Barrow fans to make a lot of noise with one!Any likely musicians out there?Perhaps shop can sell ear plugs for rest of us lol.
[/quote}
There you have it then, Didn't one drum get someones foot through it years ago. I wouldn't like to see the repercussions if we ever went down that tin pot road.
-
Pablosammy
- New Member
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:37 am
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v tranmere match thread
Repercussions? Was that a pun?Holkerbird wrote: ↑Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:48 pmThere you have it then, Didn't one drum get someones foot through it years ago. I wouldn't like to see the repercussions if we ever went down that tin pot road.liverpoolann wrote: ↑Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:22 pm Actually spoke to Andrew Casson re the drum as match was starting as think when our crowd quiet at home givesxaway team a lift.He can’t see anything wrong with it and would like Barrow fans to make a lot of noise with one!Any likely musicians out there?Perhaps shop can sell ear plugs for rest of us lol.
-
saltcellar
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2840
- Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v tranmere match thread
That will be the end of my support.liverpoolann wrote: ↑Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:22 pm Actually spoke to Andrew Casson re the drum as match was starting as think when our crowd quiet at home givesxaway team a lift.He can’t see anything wrong with it and would like Barrow fans to make a lot of noise with one!Any likely musicians out there?Perhaps shop can sell ear plugs for rest of us lol.
As for Conquisador's remarks, I stand at the Holker St end. Not for much longer it seems
Just say no to VAR 
Re: Barrow v tranmere match thread
i cant believe theres that many post about a drum!!!
the place is already like a morgue, a better atmosphere and better football will attract more people
its a drum for god sake
the place is already like a morgue, a better atmosphere and better football will attract more people
its a drum for god sake
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v tranmere match thread
It's a football ground for God's sake. An idiot banging tunelessly on a drum isn't creating any atmosphere. When we left the ground on Sat he even crossed the road to bang the object at us. I had to hold someone back that took offence at that. I've only ever heard one person who could actually play one at a football ground. It was a snare drum so not too loud.
Re: Barrow v tranmere match thread
Holkerbird wrote: ↑Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:24 amIt's a football ground for God's sake. An idiot banging tunelessly on a drum isn't creating any atmosphere. When we left the ground on Sat he even crossed the road to bang the object at us. I had to hold someone back that took offence at that. I've only ever heard one person who could actually play one at a football ground. It was a snare drum so not too loud.
seemed to be able to get the 340 odd away fans singing to his tuneless drum beat, no bad that
he banged the object at you, how dare he lol
-
AugustusCorpa
- Gold Member
- Posts: 1707
- Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v tranmere match thread
Hah hah.. a drum!
Last edited by AugustusCorpa on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v tranmere match thread
I wasn't bothered cos he was just childish but the man I dragged away obviously was . lol?beachy01 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:31 amHolkerbird wrote: ↑Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:24 am
It's a football ground for God's sake. An idiot banging tunelessly on a drum isn't creating any atmosphere. When we left the ground on Sat he even crossed the road to bang the object at us. I had to hold someone back that took offence at that. I've only ever heard one person who could actually play one at a football ground. It was a snare drum so not too loud.
seemed to be able to get the 340 odd away fans singing to his tuneless drum beat, no bad that
he banged the object at you, how dare he lol
P.S An exaggeration about the 340 as many of those were in the stands and didn't join in any singing.
-
olbarrafancumbak
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2489
- Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:41 pm
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v tranmere match thread
Was one of the better atmospheres ive heard in there for a while!Holkerbird wrote: ↑Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:51 amI wasn't bothered cos he was just childish but the man I dragged away obviously was . lol?
P.S An exaggeration about the 340 as many of those were in the stands and didn't join in any singing.
It does add to the whole experience and I know I prefer a bit o banter!
- The Tomahawk Kid
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3386
- Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:19 pm
- Location: Dingly Dell
- Contact:
Re: Barrow v tranmere match thread
Bang On! Pardon the pun...
I totally agree - the place is like a Morgue.
We currently have the quietest atmosphere I've heard at the ground in 50 years of supporting the club.
Andrew Casson has obviously noticed too.
I believe some people don't want 'atmosphere' at Holker Street and are content to watch football being played in total silence.
To those who DO want and appreciate atmosphere - Andrew Casson has now given permission for drums to be used in the ground... so...let's see one of our own fans beating a Big Bass Drum soon...
Bring It On!
When we set sail across the seven seas,
There was Captain Dan and Billy Bones and me...
and the Tomahawk Kid
There was Captain Dan and Billy Bones and me...
and the Tomahawk Kid
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests