Sponsorship

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Summerof76
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:55 am
Contact:

Re: Sponsorship

Post by Summerof76 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:26 pm

I increased the price 😂😂 and rationed the drinks. There’s no need for unlimited drinks in a few hours interjected by 90 mins of football but I won’t go in to it yet again as the price needed increasing as it wasn’t profitable. Anyway, that’s irrelevant now and been argued about before.

I was being facetious really. If I hadn’t been ousted then maybe hospitality would still be buzzing and people would want to attend because I was such a great host!

Kind of taking the piddle.........

It’s Emma by the way......the last holder of the poison Chalice CM post!

User avatar
Lowtower
Silver Member
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Sponsorship

Post by Lowtower » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:03 pm

olbarrafancumbak wrote: ↑Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:39 pm I was reet proud to be in a position to sponsor the club, we seemed to be a bunch of winners and heading forward to the promised land!
I fear I am not the only sponsor questioning my sanity and I do worry for the season ahead.. will the current sponsors want to be involved? Will there be any new business or company wanting to sign up? The hospitality is ok but poorly attended, the buzz has slowly dwindled and apart from a bit if a craic and palatable grub..its list its way!
Like I say, was proud to be involved but will I want to do it again?
Bragging about sponsoring the club there.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

User avatar
Jonty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11116
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Sponsorship

Post by Jonty » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:54 pm

I have organised and attended a couple of hospitality doo's over last couple of seasons and always enjoyed it. Forget the corporate tag, this was a good afternoon to enjoy a game with mates on on a work social or birthday- people who would not otherwise go to the game. The value to the club was getting these in and maybe gaining a new fan who would hopefully enjoy the day and come back again. Im sorry as soon as the changes were made it just did not represent value to those who had enjoyed the previous set up and it lost touch with its previous / main customers. The profit to the club on matchday should have been in the bar before and after watching the prem game and through selling merch/ raffle tickets / golden goal etc. Every person attending who would not otherwise go to the game is profit as these seats in the stand would otherwise remain empty
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc

Andycoops
New Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Sponsorship

Post by Andycoops » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:39 am

When I read this topic I couldn’t actually believe my eyes. So in brief you sponsored the club in the good times and now things have gone a little south you’ll need to think about doing it again. Absolutely priceless.
Hold the front page it gets better, then Holkerbird chips in with ‘I question the current sponsors as they weren’t like the old ones’ Million dollar question here, where are all these great old sponsors now? F’d off that’s where. When Mr C came into town they emptied their old pile of invoices, collected the cash and ran to the hills. I know one company actually sent the club a bill for over £20,000 for past work. As the cash disappeared this left the poor old Keen’s significantly out of pocket. But as you say these were great sponsors. This is hypocrisy at its very best.
We hardly have any current sponsors so casting aspersions is a sure fire way to alienate them. Do you really have the best interest of the club at heart? I’ve supported the club for over 40 years, I’m not in business so unfortunately am not in a position provide funds but I buy a season ticket every year and shirts for my kids. I’ll continue to do this even if we are in North West Counties league.

Rigger
Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:41 am
Contact:

Re: Sponsorship

Post by Rigger » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:48 am

Andycoops wrote: ↑Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:39 am When I read this topic I couldn’t actually believe my eyes. So in brief you sponsored the club in the good times and now things have gone a little south you’ll need to think about doing it again. Absolutely priceless.
I think the original post intended to remind forum users that the poster is a sponsor at the club. It hadn't been mentioned in a while.

Holkerbird
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6547
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Sponsorship

Post by Holkerbird » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:02 pm

Andycoops wrote: ↑Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:39 am When I read this topic I couldn’t actually believe my eyes. So in brief you sponsored the club in the good times and now things have gone a little south you’ll need to think about doing it again. Absolutely priceless.
Hold the front page it gets better, then Holkerbird chips in with ‘I question the current sponsors as they weren’t like the old ones’ Million dollar question here, where are all these great old sponsors now? F’d off that’s where. When Mr C came into town they emptied their old pile of invoices, collected the cash and ran to the hills. I know one company actually sent the club a bill for over £20,000 for past work. As the cash disappeared this left the poor old Keen’s significantly out of pocket. But as you say these were great sponsors. This is hypocrisy at its very best.
We hardly have any current sponsors so casting aspersions is a sure fire way to alienate them. Do you really have the best interest of the club at heart? I’ve supported the club for over 40 years, I’m not in business so unfortunately am not in a position provide funds but I buy a season ticket every year and shirts for my kids. I’ll continue to do this even if we are in North West Counties league.
Thank you Sir. I value your opinion and your comments.

User avatar
Lowtower
Silver Member
Posts: 1038
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Sponsorship

Post by Lowtower » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:31 pm

Andycoops wrote: ↑Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:39 am When I read this topic I couldn’t actually believe my eyes. So in brief you sponsored the club in the good times and now things have gone a little south you’ll need to think about doing it again. Absolutely priceless.
Hold the front page it gets better, then Holkerbird chips in with ‘I question the current sponsors as they weren’t like the old ones’ Million dollar question here, where are all these great old sponsors now? F’d off that’s where. When Mr C came into town they emptied their old pile of invoices, collected the cash and ran to the hills. I know one company actually sent the club a bill for over £20,000 for past work. As the cash disappeared this left the poor old Keen’s significantly out of pocket. But as you say these were great sponsors. This is hypocrisy at its very best.
We hardly have any current sponsors so casting aspersions is a sure fire way to alienate them. Do you really have the best interest of the club at heart? I’ve supported the club for over 40 years, I’m not in business so unfortunately am not in a position provide funds but I buy a season ticket every year and shirts for my kids. I’ll continue to do this even if we are in North West Counties league.
Seething.

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9884
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Sponsorship

Post by spirit of 1990 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:09 pm

Rigger wrote: ↑Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:48 am
Andycoops wrote: ↑Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:39 am When I read this topic I couldn’t actually believe my eyes. So in brief you sponsored the club in the good times and now things have gone a little south you’ll need to think about doing it again. Absolutely priceless.
I think the original post intended to remind forum users that the poster is a sponsor at the club. It hadn't been mentioned in a while.
No need for the sarcasm a former member of this forum.

Mike has done much much more than just be a sponsor, he's come up with slate products for the club shop that he has produced through his business for very little (if any) profit to himself. He and his employee have spent a lot of time on Sunday mornings at the club with others constructing the slate bars in the corporate rooms while not charging a penny for the materials (which will not have been cheap)

It might not mean much to some but to me that is someone going above just throwing a couple of hundred quid at a sponsors board in the ground.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8337
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Sponsorship

Post by HenneysKnee » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:20 pm

Andycoops wrote: ↑Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:39 am When I read this topic I couldn’t actually believe my eyes. So in brief you sponsored the club in the good times and now things have gone a little south you’ll need to think about doing it again. Absolutely priceless.
Hold the front page it gets better, then Holkerbird chips in with ‘I question the current sponsors as they weren’t like the old ones’ Million dollar question here, where are all these great old sponsors now? F’d off that’s where. When Mr C came into town they emptied their old pile of invoices, collected the cash and ran to the hills. I know one company actually sent the club a bill for over £20,000 for past work. As the cash disappeared this left the poor old Keen’s significantly out of pocket. But as you say these were great sponsors. This is hypocrisy at its very best.
We hardly have any current sponsors so casting aspersions is a sure fire way to alienate them. Do you really have the best interest of the club at heart? I’ve supported the club for over 40 years, I’m not in business so unfortunately am not in a position provide funds but I buy a season ticket every year and shirts for my kids. I’ll continue to do this even if we are in North West Counties league.
Will you be taking over the club when the Cassons pull out Mr Collier?

Rigger
Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:41 am
Contact:

Re: Sponsorship

Post by Rigger » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:27 pm

spirit of 1990 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:09 pm
Rigger wrote: ↑Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:48 am

I think the original post intended to remind forum users that the poster is a sponsor at the club. It hadn't been mentioned in a while.
No need for the sarcasm a former member of this forum.

Mike has done much much more than just be a sponsor, he's come up with slate products for the club shop that he has produced through his business for very little (if any) profit to himself. He and his employee have spent a lot of time on Sunday mornings at the club with others constructing the slate bars in the corporate rooms while not charging a penny for the materials (which will not have been cheap)

It might not mean much to some but to me that is someone going above just throwing a couple of hundred quid at a sponsors board in the ground.
You are right Ian maybe the sarcasm isn't needed in this instance and the effort to sponsor in this case has gone beyond the normal sponsoring a board at the ground which is great.
Thats what sponsorship should be about. Helping out where you can as more of a community rather than expecting more and more for your money which most businesses do these days.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carnivalofshrews and 9 guests