It's quite simple. I'm going to make jars of marmalade and you, the good supporters of Barrow AFC and the Bluebirds Trust will, I hope, buy them. I'll pay for all the raw materials so the Trust will get the full sale price towards the Play Your part campaign. Originally, my idea was just to knock off a few jars and bring them down this Saturday. But I've changed my mind, I'm going to go for it: 100 JARS OF MARMALADE to be made and brought down for my next visit (after this Saturday), the Chesterfield game on Easter Monday. All I need from you is a commitment to buy them. If you don't like marmalade on your morning toast buy a jar for your granny who does!
Here's the details: Seville Orange marmalade in a 12oz jar with a smart gingham lid. Price £4 min per jar (or whatever you'd like to chuck in above that). Pay on collection from the Trust shop on Easter Monday. Yes, I know that's more than you pay in your Asdas and Lidls but, hey, we're talking 'artisan' stuff here
The image (if it works) shows an example from a batch I made yesterday but I'll make sure they are appropriately labelled. Modesty prevents etc., but friends and neighbours tell me it's pretty tasty.
I have always felt useless when I read about the volunteers helping out around HS because I live too far away just to nip down so I wanted to find some other way of contributing a bit more. If we do this it could raise over £400 for Play Your Part so please commit below (or send me a pm) stating how many jars you'd like.
Cheers,
Nigel
P.S. the Bluebirds Trust are aware and have given the green light to this.