Only in the respect of the comments any manager makes on players for public consumption don't necessary align to the facts but more to whether he believes a player needs a boost or needs a rocket.Hadrian wrote: ↑Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:46 pmAre what Evatt said and what you wrote related in some way?russell_anderson wrote: ↑Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:34 pm Decent managers never criticise individual players but what they say and what they think aren't always the same thing. If Ian Evatt really thought Harrison and Hindle were good enough, he would be playing them a lot more than the odd 5 mins at the end of matches we're winning and being brought on for 20 mins a couple of times when we're losing. If he really thought they were as good as Quigley and Angus he would have been giving those 2 a break in the same way as he rotates Rooney, White, Hardcastle and Taylor in midfield. He does that because all 4 players are good enough to start but only Angus, Quigley and to a lesser extend Dyson are good enough to use as attacking players. The substitutions last night made a dodgy defensive performance even more dodgy and made no difference to the attacking performance as we were in total control of the match before the substitutions anyway.
Dover v BARROW match thread
-
russell_anderson
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2880
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
- Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: Dover v BARROW match thread
Re: Dover v BARROW match thread
He is just making a point that people will jump on this opportunity for a good moan. Barrow fans are the worst for moaning and complaining.russell_anderson wrote: ↑Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:50 pmIf you don't want to discuss what's gone right, what's gone wrong, what's worked, what hasn't worked and what can be improved you're wasting your time using a football forum. There isn't a player or a manager who will take the slightest notice of anything written on a football forum be it good or bad and rightly so.
-
russell_anderson
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2880
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
- Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: Dover v BARROW match thread
Barrow fans are no different to any other fans. I'm on the Pompey forum as well and see exactly the same things as on here. If Pompey win their games in hand they will be top of Division 1 but a large number of their supporters have been wanting the manager sacked for almost all of the season because they don't like the stly of football being played.BAFC_98 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:56 pmHe is just making a point that people will jump on this opportunity for a good moan. Barrow fans are the worst for moaning and complaining.russell_anderson wrote: ↑Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:50 pm If you don't want to discuss what's gone right, what's gone wrong, what's worked, what hasn't worked and what can be improved you're wasting your time using a football forum. There isn't a player or a manager who will take the slightest notice of anything written on a football forum be it good or bad and rightly so.
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Dover v BARROW match thread
Some people can't differentiate between moaning and an honest opinion. You can disagree with someone using a constructive counter view.russell_anderson wrote: ↑Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:50 pmIf you don't want to discuss what's gone right, what's gone wrong, what's worked, what hasn't worked and what can be improved you're wasting your time using a football forum. There isn't a player or a manager who will take the slightest notice of anything written on a football forum be it good or bad and rightly so.
We don't live in North Korea, Russia or China!!!!.
Re: Dover v BARROW match thread
Again, he was just making a point that 1 loss and all the negativity comes creeping back. 1 loss in nearly 5 months, shouldn't be any negative "opinions" in regards to on the pitch performance.Holkerbird wrote: ↑Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:00 pmSome people can't differentiate between moaning and an honest opinion. You can disagree with someone using a constructive counter view.russell_anderson wrote: ↑Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:50 pm If you don't want to discuss what's gone right, what's gone wrong, what's worked, what hasn't worked and what can be improved you're wasting your time using a football forum. There isn't a player or a manager who will take the slightest notice of anything written on a football forum be it good or bad and rightly so.
We don't live in North Korea, Russia or China!!!!.
-
Desmond2-2
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1250
- Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:13 pm
- Contact:
Re: Dover v BARROW match thread
Barrow fans are no different to the fans on every Other forum, infact try visiting some You will realise others moan about everything possible.BAFC_98 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:56 pmHe is just making a point that people will jump on this opportunity for a good moan. Barrow fans are the worst for moaning and complaining.russell_anderson wrote: ↑Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:50 pm If you don't want to discuss what's gone right, what's gone wrong, what's worked, what hasn't worked and what can be improved you're wasting your time using a football forum. There isn't a player or a manager who will take the slightest notice of anything written on a football forum be it good or bad and rightly so.
Re: Dover v BARROW match thread
Ill pass thank you.Desmond2-2 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:18 pmBarrow fans are no different to the fans on every Other forum, infact try visiting some You will realise others moan about everything possible.
-
russell_anderson
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2880
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
- Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: Dover v BARROW match thread
That, of course, isn't true. I saw the previous match at Boreham Wood and they were slightly the better side but we played well and got a hard earned draw. If we had lost that game I would have still said we played well because they were a good side and it was a great match. The result doesn't impact my opinion. You can play well and lose and badly and win. Last night, I would say our first half performance was the worst I've seen in the 7 away matches I've manged to see and the first time I've seen such a poor allround defensive performance since the first match I saw at Woking. I find it concerning not because we lost but because Dover were a poor team with little to offer and a complete contrast to Boreham Wood. That isn't negativity but realism. My feeling is that some of the players may be getting a bit mentally and physically tired so nearly 2 weeks rest will do a lot of good. I do believe we are a couple of players short in the squad but if money is tight there isn't much that can be done about that because the shame is that I think the first 13 players we have are capable of winning the league and the trophy. However, being capable doesn't necessarily mean that they will and there's a long way to go before anybody should think it's in the bag.BAFC_98 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:06 pmAgain, he was just making a point that 1 loss and all the negativity comes creeping back. 1 loss in nearly 5 months, shouldn't be any negative "opinions" in regards to on the pitch performance.Holkerbird wrote: ↑Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:00 pm
Some people can't differentiate between moaning and an honest opinion. You can disagree with someone using a constructive counter view.
We don't live in North Korea, Russia or China!!!!.
Re: Dover v BARROW match thread
Say what you like. We will win the league and a bad performance isnt going to change it.russell_anderson wrote: ↑Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:26 pmThat, of course, isn't true. I saw the previous match at Boreham Wood and they were slightly the better side but we played well and got a hard earned draw. If we had lost that game I would have still said we played well because they were a good side and it was a great match. The result doesn't impact my opinion. You can play well and lose and badly and win. Last night, I would say our first half performance was the worst I've seen in the 7 away matches I've manged to see and the first time I've seen such a poor allround defensive performance since the first match I saw at Woking. I find it concerning not because we lost but because Dover were a poor team with little to offer and a complete contrast to Boreham Wood. That isn't negativity but realism. My feeling is that some of the players may be getting a bit mentally and physically tired so nearly 2 weeks rest will do a lot of good. I do believe we are a couple of players short in the squad but if money is tight there isn't much that can be done about that because the shame is that I think the first 13 players we have are capable of winning the league and the trophy. However, being capable doesn't necessarily mean that they will and there's a long way to go before anybody should think it's in the bag.
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Dover v BARROW match thread
But no one has moaned. Just opinions. His opinion is people are moaning when they aren't.BAFC_98 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:06 pmAgain, he was just making a point that 1 loss and all the negativity comes creeping back. 1 loss in nearly 5 months, shouldn't be any negative "opinions" in regards to on the pitch performance.Holkerbird wrote: ↑Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:00 pm
Some people can't differentiate between moaning and an honest opinion. You can disagree with someone using a constructive counter view.
We don't live in North Korea, Russia or China!!!!.
Re: Dover v BARROW match thread
He's anticipating it.Holkerbird wrote: ↑Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:52 pmBut no one has moaned. Just opinions. His opinion is people are moaning when they aren't.
-
russell_anderson
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2880
- Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
- Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
- Contact:
Re: Dover v BARROW match thread
Other than pointing out the stupidity of saying something like "We will win the league" as opposed to "I think we will win the league", lets hope you prediction on winning the league is more accurate than your predictions below on the match last night! I quote.BAFC_98 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:35 pmSay what you like. We will win the league and a bad performance isnt going to change it.russell_anderson wrote: ↑Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:26 pm That, of course, isn't true. I saw the previous match at Boreham Wood and they were slightly the better side but we played well and got a hard earned draw. If we had lost that game I would have still said we played well because they were a good side and it was a great match. The result doesn't impact my opinion. You can play well and lose and badly and win. Last night, I would say our first half performance was the worst I've seen in the 7 away matches I've manged to see and the first time I've seen such a poor allround defensive performance since the first match I saw at Woking. I find it concerning not because we lost but because Dover were a poor team with little to offer and a complete contrast to Boreham Wood. That isn't negativity but realism. My feeling is that some of the players may be getting a bit mentally and physically tired so nearly 2 weeks rest will do a lot of good. I do believe we are a couple of players short in the squad but if money is tight there isn't much that can be done about that because the shame is that I think the first 13 players we have are capable of winning the league and the trophy. However, being capable doesn't necessarily mean that they will and there's a long way to go before anybody should think it's in the bag.
Dover Athletic 0-1 Barrow. Away Att: 60. Cant see how anyone can predict us to lose a game at the moment.
It will be a harder game when we play them at home. I believe we have a better chance of 3 points tonight.
Re: Dover v BARROW match thread
Jesus! Nerve been touched? Should i get up past predictions that i have been scrutinised for that have been correct. Like a couple of seasons ago when i said we wont go down when people said i was deluded. Or at the start of the season when people were saying its going to be another relegation battle and i said we would come good. We will win this league and ill keep saying it from now until its won. Its not stupidity, im just not a negative [SwearFilter]russell_anderson wrote: ↑Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:12 pmOther than pointing out the stupidity of saying something like "We will win the league" as opposed to "I think we will win the league", lets hope you prediction on winning the league is more accurate than your predictions below on the match last night! I quote.
Dover Athletic 0-1 Barrow. Away Att: 60. Cant see how anyone can predict us to lose a game at the moment.
It will be a harder game when we play them at home. I believe we have a better chance of 3 points tonight.
-
Barra Marra
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 780
- Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:31 pm
- Contact:
Re: Dover v BARROW match thread
Some people just don't want to tempt fate by saying it, others are perpetually optimistic. Doesn't mean anyone's wrong and we all want the same end result at the end of the season. We'll all (hopefully) be there on the last day regardless.
Opinions are like ars£h0les. Everyone's got one
Opinions are like ars£h0les. Everyone's got one
We hate Carlisle United, we hate Workington too (and Morecambe), we hate Accrington Stanley but Barrow we love you 
-
HenneysKnee
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 8337
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
- Contact:
Re: Dover v BARROW match thread
Christ I hope the players aren’t as tense as the majority of posters on here are getting as the dream gets closer
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests