Play Your Part Marmalade!

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
Nigel Bamford
Platinum Member
Posts: 2700
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
Location: Between here and gone
Contact:

Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!

Post by Nigel Bamford » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:02 pm

This is the first batch: https://photos.app.goo.gl/3qdn41hPfXPqyiCf9, which I hope will entice a few more orders. Each batch will be named after players from the promotion-winning team of 1966/7 except this first, the 'Colin Cowperthwaite' batch. :D
Any thoughts on how to reach folks who aren't on the forum?

I managed to sell a couple of jars to the electrician who was doing some work at our house today :skill:
Last edited by Nigel Bamford on Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It all comes 'round again.

Barra Marra
Bronze Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!

Post by Barra Marra » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:16 pm

Top work Nigel. They look awesome with the play your part label.
How about a notice in the trust shop on game day or could something be added to the trust website to place an order?
Full page in the advertiser like the old days? :lol:
We hate Carlisle United, we hate Workington too (and Morecambe), we hate Accrington Stanley but Barrow we love you :scarf:

Hadrian
Platinum Member
Posts: 4751
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!

Post by Hadrian » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:26 pm

Good effort!

Mention in the programme?
THE NORTHERN WAY

liverpoolann
Bronze Member
Posts: 913
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!

Post by liverpoolann » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:52 pm

Put me down for a couple of jars please i collect from trust shop thank you

User avatar
Nigel Bamford
Platinum Member
Posts: 2700
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
Location: Between here and gone
Contact:

Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!

Post by Nigel Bamford » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:46 am

liverpoolann wrote: ↑Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:52 pm Put me down for a couple of jars please i collect from trust shop thank you
Thank you. It'll be Easter Monday (Chesterfield h.) but I'll put out a reminder.
It all comes 'round again.

Si_Nichols
Veteran Member
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:45 pm
Location: Lancaster
Contact:

Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!

Post by Si_Nichols » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:59 am

I will give you £20 for 2 jars if I can have at least one of them from the Colin Cowperthwaite batch :D

Not going to be at the Chesterfield game but will be at most of the home games between now and the end of the season if I can arrange to pick up. Otherwise I will get someone else to pick up from Chesterfield game for me. Can give the money to Trust shop on 15th Feb at next home game.

Richard Ingham
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5115
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Chorley
Contact:

Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!

Post by Richard Ingham » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:08 pm

Si_Nichols wrote: ↑Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:59 am I will give you £20 for 2 jars if I can have at least one of them from the Colin Cowperthwaite batch :D

Not going to be at the Chesterfield game but will be at most of the home games between now and the end of the season if I can arrange to pick up. Otherwise I will get someone else to pick up from Chesterfield game for me. Can give the money to Trust shop on 15th Feb at next home game.

We can sort pick up / delivery for you after Chesterfield Si.

User avatar
Nigel Bamford
Platinum Member
Posts: 2700
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
Location: Between here and gone
Contact:

Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!

Post by Nigel Bamford » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:24 pm

Si_Nichols wrote: ↑Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:59 am I will give you £20 for 2 jars if I can have at least one of them from the Colin Cowperthwaite batch :D

Not going to be at the Chesterfield game but will be at most of the home games between now and the end of the season if I can arrange to pick up. Otherwise I will get someone else to pick up from Chesterfield game for me. Can give the money to Trust shop on 15th Feb at next home game.
Thank you. If it's OK with Richard then I'll leave them at the shop. One 'Colin Cowperthwaite' jar put aside before they all go. My mates here in Scotland have been calling by to pick up jars and, strangely, they don't know who he is. Some people.

The next batch is the 'Fred Else'.
It all comes 'round again.

Si_Nichols
Veteran Member
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:45 pm
Location: Lancaster
Contact:

Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!

Post by Si_Nichols » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:34 am

Cheers Rich & Nigel.

Can I drop the money off at the Trust shop or with you next Saturday Rich?

Richard Ingham
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5115
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Chorley
Contact:

Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!

Post by Richard Ingham » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:37 pm

Si_Nichols wrote: ↑Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:34 am Cheers Rich & Nigel.

Can I drop the money off at the Trust shop or with you next Saturday Rich?
Of course mate.

User avatar
Nigel Bamford
Platinum Member
Posts: 2700
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
Location: Between here and gone
Contact:

Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!

Post by Nigel Bamford » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:07 pm

Just to let you know where we are. I've now got orders for 45 jars with many folk committing to pay more than the requested minimum. Thank you to everyone.
If it helps to push a few more over the edge, I can also boast a testimonial! A neighbour picked up a couple of jars and sent a message the next day: "That marmalade, wow! Possibly the best I've ever tasted." So, there you go.

I have a batch on the go right now and in light of today's sad news I shall name it, with deep respect, the Brian Pilkington batch.
It all comes 'round again.

Sefton Aubergine
Veteran Member
Posts: 638
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:04 am
Contact:

Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!

Post by Sefton Aubergine » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:55 pm

Nigel... I don't think we can get up there until the Notts County game if you have any then we'll have a couple of Jars.

User avatar
Nigel Bamford
Platinum Member
Posts: 2700
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
Location: Between here and gone
Contact:

Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!

Post by Nigel Bamford » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:12 pm

Sefton Aubergine wrote: ↑Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:55 pm Nigel... I don't think we can get up there until the Notts County game if you have any then we'll have a couple of Jars.
Have sent you a pm.
It all comes 'round again.

User avatar
Nigel Bamford
Platinum Member
Posts: 2700
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
Location: Between here and gone
Contact:

Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!

Post by Nigel Bamford » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:36 pm

A flurry of orders over the weekend has seen potential sales rise to 57 jars and well over £325 (minimum) committed. Thanks everyone.
It all comes 'round again.

capman
Bronze Member
Posts: 922
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:19 am
Contact:

Re: Play Your Part Marmalade!

Post by capman » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:38 pm

Well done Nigel
Noto Brexit 🤪🤪

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Klaus Moogintaal II and 27 guests