Decisions being made

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
chipmunx
Gold Member
Posts: 2290
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
Location: Fortress Holker Street
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by chipmunx » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:19 pm

whitty1969 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:17 pm Would this not leave an odd number?
Why not Fylde down?
nope;-
Barrow, play off winner and Chorley out
Wealdstone, Kings Lynn and Stevenage/Macclesfield in
Lancashire;- born and bred

User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7325
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by Adam29 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:20 pm

whitty1969 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:17 pm Would this not leave an odd number?
Why not Fylde down?
Stevenage will replace us, and the 2 coming up will replace Chorley and Play off winner so no

HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8356
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by HenneysKnee » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:24 pm

Paulmichael wrote: ↑Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:53 pm
HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:30 pm

Won’t be tomorrow, could easily be another 10 days. They’ll have to do the same as the EFL did, put a proposal to clubs and give them a week to mull it over then return for a final vote
Highly doubt itll be anything like 10 days, they need to give play off teams dates to build fitness etc, from everything we've been told today I'd say tomorrow or Thursday we will be declared a league club
Next Thursday?

HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8356
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by HenneysKnee » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:25 pm

No wonder Chairman Dave has been happy to accept PPG table if it means Fylde won’t go down anyway!

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7165
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by blue nige » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:28 pm

So we now have to wait till Monday !

User avatar
chipmunx
Gold Member
Posts: 2290
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
Location: Fortress Holker Street
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by chipmunx » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:30 pm

blue nige wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:28 pm So we now have to wait till Monday !
yep - but at least we know the NL is proposing we go up as champions now
Lancashire;- born and bred

db1967
Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:15 am
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by db1967 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:33 pm

Doom & gloom Ian Dennis has dragged null & void back into the equation if the clubs vote against it

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7165
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by blue nige » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:33 pm

chipmunx wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:30 pm
blue nige wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:28 pm So we now have to wait till Monday !
yep - but at least we know the NL is proposing we go up as champions now
I Still will not believe it then ! :lol: Saying that I`ve be waiting 48 years ! so I shouldn`t be that bothered .

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7165
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by blue nige » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:34 pm

db1967 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:33 pm Doom & gloom Ian Dennis has dragged null & void back into the equation if the clubs vote against it
I`m sure that it would have been mentioned that if this happens then only one team would go up !

HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8356
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by HenneysKnee » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:38 pm

chipmunx wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:30 pm
blue nige wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:28 pm So we now have to wait till Monday !
yep - but at least we know the NL is proposing we go up as champions now
Yep but if this isn’t passed (and it should be if they just need a majority) then null and void is still on the table as an alternate option.........

User avatar
chipmunx
Gold Member
Posts: 2290
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
Location: Fortress Holker Street
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by chipmunx » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:47 pm

HenneysKnee wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:38 pm
chipmunx wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:30 pm

yep - but at least we know the NL is proposing we go up as champions now
Yep but if this isn’t passed (and it should be if they just need a majority) then null and void is still on the table as an alternate option.........
yep - but with only 1 going down now and everyone above Chorley should vote for PPG - apart from Mr Parmesan at Dover and maybe Boreham Wood (who don't want the play offs) and Stockport (who miss out).

My Beers staying in the fridge until it's confirmed though.
Lancashire;- born and bred

Suffolk Blue
Platinum Member
Posts: 3809
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by Suffolk Blue » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:52 pm

blue nige wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:34 pm
db1967 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:33 pm Doom & gloom Ian Dennis has dragged null & void back into the equation if the clubs vote against it
I`m sure that it would have been mentioned that if this happens then only one team would go up !
No comment on Ian Dennis. He is a journalist and has to earn a living. I just hope I never bump into him in a pub one day (….or maybe I do!)

User avatar
Rob
Senior Member
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 1:22 pm
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by Rob » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:01 pm

whitty1969 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:17 pm Would this not leave an odd number?
Why not Fylde down?
Not that it's our problem, but this would still leave an odd number in one of the North/South. Could do the decent thing and invite South Shields to join the Naitonal League North! Of course that just bumps the odd-number down but we don't even know if step 3 will be playing next season.

TaylorBAFC
Senior Member
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:08 pm
Location: Walney Island
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by TaylorBAFC » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:04 pm

With the prospect of no playoffs from step-two, it'll be interesting to see how the clubs vote.

russell_anderson
Platinum Member
Posts: 2888
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm
Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Decisions being made

Post by russell_anderson » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:08 pm

I've never had the slightest doubt we would be promoted whatever system was used (even null and void!) but It will be nice to have it confirmed. However, I think if this is the way it's going to work it is pretty disgraceful and totally unfair un the teams who should be in the playoffs from NLN and NLS.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests