Jolley confirmed as Barrow manager

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Fazered
Gold Member
Posts: 1753
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: Jolley confirmed as Barrow manager

Post by Fazered » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:33 pm

Pedro wrote: ↑Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:23 pm
Fazered wrote: ↑Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:18 pm Thought you were gone to your moral high ground Pedro. Close the door on your way out
Not gone from here glad you care ,its not a one party state
I care that he has given an honest account of the events and has been cleared to coach by the authorities.
I care that he has served his punishment under the law.
I care that he should not be judged for one mistake after a drunken night out.
I do hope you have led a blameless life to be able to judge someone so harshly
Just say no to VAR :sentoff:

Barrowabc
Gold Member
Posts: 2203
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am
Location: Newbarns lodge
Contact:

Re: Jolley confirmed as Barrow manager

Post by Barrowabc » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:35 pm

I have to appogise for my last post 📯, as I didn't read the full facts and looked at it like a dad to my gorgeous girl, I wont appogise for that, but I may of got it wrong reading what's happened,, good luck Mr jolly and I will get behind you,
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash

User avatar
Bombadel
Silver Member
Posts: 1459
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Jolley confirmed as Barrow manager

Post by Bombadel » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:37 pm

Barrowabc wrote: ↑Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:35 pm I have to appogise for my last post 📯, as I didn't read the full facts and looked at it like a dad to my gorgeous girl, I wont appogise for that, but I may of got it wrong reading what's happened,, good luck Mr jolly and I will get behind you,
No worries, here some more info from the article/comment (from 10 years ago...):-

Everyone with a shred of common sense understands that Michael’s conviction was motivated by shallow opportunism on all sides. The moment it was placed before a body judging without an agenda common sense prevailed and he was cleared. The tabloid style smear from Ben Archibald was particularly contemptouos and vile. If he’d concentrated on reporting the facts he would actually have produced a more newsworthy and readable piece. Perhaps he too will find his career over before it’s begun?
Last edited by Bombadel on Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8342
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Jolley confirmed as Barrow manager

Post by HenneysKnee » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:38 pm

Pedro wrote: ↑Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:03 pm Educated at Cambridge, city trader in London and New York.
Very intelligent and obviously little common sense doing what he did.
Obviously a element of a honey trap but she was 15 and he was 32 or 33
I will be back when he has gone ,morality more important.
If you’ve got a ticket for the Tranmere game can you let the club know you don’t require it so they can sell another space in the ground to someone who does want to go?

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Jolley confirmed as Barrow manager

Post by spirit of 1990 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:44 pm

Barrowabc wrote: ↑Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:35 pm I have to appogise for my last post 📯, as I didn't read the full facts and looked at it like a dad to my gorgeous girl, I wont appogise for that, but I may of got it wrong reading what's happened,, good luck Mr jolly and I will get behind you,
Well done Tommy.

Newspapers eh...
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

jaycarter
Senior Member
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Jolley confirmed as Barrow manager

Post by jaycarter » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:14 pm

He has had a lot of clubs where he has only lasted one year.

Barrowabc
Gold Member
Posts: 2203
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am
Location: Newbarns lodge
Contact:

Re: Jolley confirmed as Barrow manager

Post by Barrowabc » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:16 pm

Wtf is summer cluse thingy??? Please explain
Love many, trust afew, but always paddle your own canoe ! My spelling is gash

Online
Big E
Gold Member
Posts: 1862
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:05 am
Contact:

Re: Jolley confirmed as Barrow manager

Post by Big E » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:28 pm

Barrowabc wrote: ↑Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:16 pm Wtf is summer cluse thingy??? Please explain
Think basically if things don't work out we can part ways in the summer with no compensation paid

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7143
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Jolley confirmed as Barrow manager

Post by blue nige » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:30 pm

jaycarter wrote: ↑Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:14 pm He has had a lot of clubs where he has only lasted one year.
morinho didn't last long at utd ,doesn't mean he's failed though let's give the guy a chance if anyone doesn't want to do that then you're not a true supporter!

Hitthebar22
Silver Member
Posts: 1433
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 am
Contact:

Re: Jolley confirmed as Barrow manager

Post by Hitthebar22 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:33 am

As is often the case Pedro hasn’t got it again. Completely failed to see the point and misinterpreted the reality. Also critical of our new manager having a Cambridge education and having been a stock market trader. What’s the problem?

Suffolk Blue
Platinum Member
Posts: 3807
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Jolley confirmed as Barrow manager

Post by Suffolk Blue » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:48 am

Find it quite amusing that a Cambridge educated economist is being castigated for being a tad chavish or uncouth.

Truth is of course that like or not, being a bit of a gob sh*te never prevented any body from being a decent manager. Evatt, Daz and Dave, they were all a bit gobby and truth be told were not necessarily the greatest of morality role models. We forgave them their sins, preferring to embrace their passion. We've had a few nice guys and they have not really set our world alight. See the last bloke.

Jolley is actually the type of manager I assumed we'd sign when Evatt left and my gut tells me that we'd probably be in a better position if we'd had him from the start. Kelly may be a much better foil for him too and I'm really pleased he is staying. They will contrast and hopefully complement each other.

My instinct told me all was not right when Dunn was appointed. My instinct tells me that this appointment - as far as achieving the objective of maintaining league status is concerned - is a better one. I think it might be a bit of a bumpy ride at times, some ups and some downs. But I think the players will respond to him. He'll reach out to the fans and i think they will respond positively - in the main.

liverpoolann
Bronze Member
Posts: 913
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Jolley confirmed as Barrow manager

Post by liverpoolann » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:58 am

Pedro wrote: ↑Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:10 pm
bamber678 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:06 pm

https://michaeljolleycoach.wordpress.com/ Read that before you cast judgement you moron. Hope you stay away forever, don’t need people like you around
You condem yourself by your own words.
Did he or did he not do it?
Did he go to court and get put on probation?
Never made a mistake Pedro?I have read the article ten years ago event not repeated and paid the price.Whats that saying ? “Let he who is without sin cast the first stone”Don’t think this is the time to run round Barrow shouting lock up our your daughters.

ossickbluebird
Veteran Member
Posts: 624
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Jolley confirmed as Barrow manager

Post by ossickbluebird » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:12 am

Educated at Cambridge, city trader in London and New York.
Very intelligent and obviously little common sense doing what he did.
Obviously a element of a honey trap but she was 15 and he was 32 or 33
I will be back when he has gone ,morality more important.
You'll be a real loss to this forum Pedro

Arvo
Gold Member
Posts: 1775
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Jolley confirmed as Barrow manager

Post by Arvo » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:12 am

Leo wrote: ↑Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:20 pmWhat does 'Summer break' mean?
PerthBluebird wrote: ↑Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:24 pmBasically if it goes west and we go down he will be off
russell_anderson wrote: ↑Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:29 pm Seems sensible from the board's perspective. If he can't keep us up then he has failed and we can get rid of him without having to pay up the rest of his contract. Also shows that he is confident enough to think he will be successful.
So it's a kind of sanity clause?

Image

Sorry, couldn't resist.
No bubblewrap unpopped.

User avatar
Cokey
Platinum Member
Posts: 3346
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:49 pm
Location: 7 minutes from greatness
Contact:

Re: Jolley confirmed as Barrow manager

Post by Cokey » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:22 am

Lots of Grimsby fans saying he’s a top bloke, intelligent manager and we should now start climbing the table.

Let’s all get behind Michael Jolley and the team now and keep our energy positive.

Merry Christmas to all Barrow fans. :scarf:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big E, BLUEstar, blumooncrab, Cubby, jeff1966, John_Bucks, Stand By Me and 56 guests