Barrow v Southend United Match thread

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Tony
Senior Member
Posts: 411
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Southend United Match thread

Post by Tony » Mon May 03, 2021 3:27 pm

Pedro wrote: ↑Mon May 03, 2021 10:57 am
Methuselah wrote: ↑Mon May 03, 2021 10:25 am If the rumours are to be believed about some of our players being poached change may be forced on us whether we like it or not.If we cannot hang onto the spine of our team and we also lose Rob Kelly we may have to get ready for another rollercoaster ride next season.
I am sure though,this time the board will have learnt hard lessons and will.not make the same mistakes this time round.If Rob Kelly doesn,t want the job,I hope we can retain him in an advisory capacity as he would be still.a great asset to have.I am sure with his help we could build a decent team throughout the closed season and hopefully put us in a position where we could survive in this league and maybe even try for for the play offs.
I for one will.carry on supporting Barrow having seen them go from.being voted out of the Football League to near oblivion,only to rise like a phoenix out of the ashes thanks to our previous owner bringing in Ian Evatt and the present board keeping him for as long as they could
As a Barrow supporter you get used to the ups and downs and it is probably one of the things that makes it exciting to support them as you never now what will.be round the corner.So come on everyone get behind Barrow and cheer them on to victory. :scarf: :scarf:
Yep I remember getting the bus home and seeing in stop press we had been voted out of the league.
The seasons that followed and looking to see how few were on the terraces.
We now have a organised Board.
I want Rob Kelly to stay because I think he is a football man with good coaching abilities but the lack of clarity after keeping us up makes me think he wants to be nearer home which is understandable.
I expect a announcement straight after the Exeter game with Neil McDonald and Hird as his assistant just a hunch.
The Board will then want to give the new Manager a early chance to rebuild.
The question is are these players up to it?
Personally I think we will see more go than stay.
The team needs to be built round Quigley and bring in another good striker and two decent midfield players in.
I would like to see Cookie play along side Quigs

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3489
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: Barrow v Southend United Match thread

Post by Pedro » Mon May 03, 2021 3:41 pm

Tony wrote: ↑Mon May 03, 2021 3:27 pm
Pedro wrote: ↑Mon May 03, 2021 10:57 am

Yep I remember getting the bus home and seeing in stop press we had been voted out of the league.
The seasons that followed and looking to see how few were on the terraces.
We now have a organised Board.
I want Rob Kelly to stay because I think he is a football man with good coaching abilities but the lack of clarity after keeping us up makes me think he wants to be nearer home which is understandable.
I expect a announcement straight after the Exeter game with Neil McDonald and Hird as his assistant just a hunch.
The Board will then want to give the new Manager a early chance to rebuild.
The question is are these players up to it?
Personally I think we will see more go than stay.
The team needs to be built round Quigley and bring in another good striker and two decent midfield players in.
I would like to see Cookie play along side Quigs
I wonder why he was not recalled by Nigel Clough.
Sent out to Tranmere who he only played 5 games for I think before Clough came in ,then to Bradford whom I think will sign him

User avatar
chipmunx
Gold Member
Posts: 2290
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
Location: Fortress Holker Street
Contact:

Re: Barrow v Southend United Match thread

Post by chipmunx » Mon May 03, 2021 6:11 pm

Pedro wrote: ↑Mon May 03, 2021 3:41 pm
Tony wrote: ↑Mon May 03, 2021 3:27 pm
I would like to see Cookie play along side Quigs
I wonder why he was not recalled by Nigel Clough.
Sent out to Tranmere who he only played 5 games for I think before Clough came in ,then to Bradford whom I think will sign him
His loan to Tranmere was last season and he only played a handful of games due to the season being stopped due to covid
Lancashire;- born and bred

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3489
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: Barrow v Southend United Match thread

Post by Pedro » Mon May 03, 2021 6:42 pm

chipmunx wrote: ↑Mon May 03, 2021 6:11 pm
Pedro wrote: ↑Mon May 03, 2021 3:41 pm

I wonder why he was not recalled by Nigel Clough.
Sent out to Tranmere who he only played 5 games for I think before Clough came in ,then to Bradford whom I think will sign him
His loan to Tranmere was last season and he only played a handful of games due to the season being stopped due to covid
Thanks

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests