Joel Dixon
- chipmunx
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2290
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
- Location: Fortress Holker Street
- Contact:
Re: Joel Dixon
Whilst I'd like to see Dixon stay - and he might yet stay there will be other keeper out there - Scott Loach for example who looks certain to leave Barnet and at 32 (33 this month) is still young enough for a keeper. Over 200 EFL matches and probably the best keeper in the NL at present. Will be well known to Barrow and particularly Mark Simpson from his Hartlepool days.
Lancashire;- born and bred
-
PerthBluebird
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1373
- Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:22 pm
- Contact:
Re: Joel Dixon
Good replacement in a team with -48 goal difference must be some talent. I love this forumchipmunx wrote: ↑Tue May 04, 2021 10:55 pm Whilst I'd like to see Dixon stay - and he might yet stay there will be other keeper out there - Scott Loach for example who looks certain to leave Barnet and at 32 (33 this month) is still young enough for a keeper. Over 200 EFL matches and probably the best keeper in the NL at present. Will be well known to Barrow and particularly Mark Simpson from his Hartlepool days.
All opinions expressed are my own , not here to cause kick off just enact debate.
-
saltcellar
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2841
- Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Joel Dixon
Southend keeper Mark Oxley is out of contract.
- chipmunx
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2290
- Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
- Location: Fortress Holker Street
- Contact:
Re: Joel Dixon
Barnet put Loach on furlough and are playing a youngster in goalsPerthBluebird wrote: ↑Tue May 04, 2021 11:25 pmGood replacement in a team with -48 goal difference must be some talent. I love this forumchipmunx wrote: ↑Tue May 04, 2021 10:55 pm Whilst I'd like to see Dixon stay - and he might yet stay there will be other keeper out there - Scott Loach for example who looks certain to leave Barnet and at 32 (33 this month) is still young enough for a keeper. Over 200 EFL matches and probably the best keeper in the NL at present. Will be well known to Barrow and particularly Mark Simpson from his Hartlepool days.![]()
Lancashire;- born and bred
-
Desmond2-2
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1250
- Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:13 pm
- Contact:
Re: Joel Dixon
Southend keeper, Barnet keeper lol. Surely there are plenty of talented younger keepers more north west based who would jump of becoming a full time player in the EFL.I’ve found from watching national league and Div 2 the last few seasons that keepers at this level are all pretty similar talented wise.
-
Suffolk Blue
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3807
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
- Contact:
Re: Joel Dixon
Think Scott Loach might have North West connections, But your point Desmond is well taken. There is not a shortage of keepers out there of a similar standard to Joel. You can only play one of them at a time and of all the professionals affected by Covid, keepers have probably suffered the most.Desmond2-2 wrote: ↑Wed May 05, 2021 9:07 am Southend keeper, Barnet keeper lol. Surely there are plenty of talented younger keepers more north west based who would jump of becoming a full time player in the EFL.I’ve found from watching national league and Div 2 the last few seasons that keepers at this level are all pretty similar talented wise.
-
JammyBluebird
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1390
- Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:57 pm
- Location: Barrow
- Contact:
Re: Joel Dixon
Mark Oxley is from Sheffield and has played for Rotherham, Hull and Hibs previously.Desmond2-2 wrote: ↑Wed May 05, 2021 9:07 am Southend keeper, Barnet keeper lol. Surely there are plenty of talented younger keepers more north west based who would jump of becoming a full time player in the EFL.I’ve found from watching national league and Div 2 the last few seasons that keepers at this level are all pretty similar talented wise.
Scott Loach is from Nottingham and has played for Lincoln, Rotherham and Hartlepool previously.
Re: Joel Dixon
Curtis Anderson out of contract at Wycombe.
Re: Joel Dixon
Joel still a Barrow player and people are looking for replacements!
-
LewisBAFC1901
- Senior Member
- Posts: 380
- Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:15 pm
- Contact:
Re: Joel Dixon
If Joel goes he goes! He’s been a great servant and we should look into Karol Roas under 21 goalkeeper at Frickley
-
Sefton Aubergine
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:04 am
- Contact:
Re: Joel Dixon
Scot Brown released by Port Vale... Vale fans on the whole upset and amazed. Definitely one of the better keepers in the lower divisions.
-
PerthBluebird
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1373
- Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:22 pm
- Contact:
Re: Joel Dixon
Stick to football manager pal awful shout Id rather have Jamie Spears.LewisBAFC1901 wrote: ↑Mon May 10, 2021 1:29 pm If Joel goes he goes! He’s been a great servant and we should look into Karol Roas under 21 goalkeeper at Frickley
All opinions expressed are my own , not here to cause kick off just enact debate.
Re: Joel Dixon
Been reading the Bolton Forum alot seem to want Gilkes to carry on as No1 seeing Dixon as his protege to learn off.
Some mention the agreement about not signing any of our contracted players for 3 years possibly with a view to signing others .I have three. others I think they might want besides Dixon.
It's believed to be a verbal agreement and none legally binding.
Apparently when Bolton confirmed promotion I Evatt thanked Barrow I assume for giving him his first job,I chuckled when one fan said unlike previous managers I.E was honourable.
Some mention the agreement about not signing any of our contracted players for 3 years possibly with a view to signing others .I have three. others I think they might want besides Dixon.
It's believed to be a verbal agreement and none legally binding.
Apparently when Bolton confirmed promotion I Evatt thanked Barrow I assume for giving him his first job,I chuckled when one fan said unlike previous managers I.E was honourable.
-
LewisBAFC1901
- Senior Member
- Posts: 380
- Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:15 pm
- Contact:
Re: Joel Dixon
I am not your pal. You’re a muppet young manPerthBluebird wrote: ↑Mon May 10, 2021 1:51 pmStick to football manager pal awful shout Id rather have Jamie Spears.LewisBAFC1901 wrote: ↑Mon May 10, 2021 1:29 pm If Joel goes he goes! He’s been a great servant and we should look into Karol Roas under 21 goalkeeper at Frickley
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: blumooncrab and 23 guests