Retained List

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
Jim
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7261
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Retained List

Post by Jim » Fri May 13, 2022 6:47 pm

Banks and Rooney both on 2 year contracts, yet Brown has been playing one or the other. As both together in midfield doesn't seem to work, how about Banks as a ball-playing central defender, a role he played a couple of times under Cooper?

beachy01
Senior Member
Posts: 499
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:56 am
Contact:

Re: Retained List

Post by beachy01 » Fri May 13, 2022 6:49 pm

Ollie banks has been told he can leave, seen the txt message to his favorite fan

User avatar
Steeley
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5750
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:27 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: Retained List

Post by Steeley » Fri May 13, 2022 6:50 pm

Would’ve liked to see beadling kept but guess with injuries not done him any favours.
Bish=God

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7129
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Retained List

Post by blue nige » Fri May 13, 2022 6:52 pm

How does anyone on the board justify the decision to offer James Jones a new contract based on what he's always beaten in the air ,he's slow and weak in the tackle ffs it's on a par with the Luke James situation no wonder we end up where we are with people making these brain dead decisions I'm absolutely fuming and despondent!

User avatar
chipmunx
Gold Member
Posts: 2290
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
Location: Fortress Holker Street
Contact:

Re: Retained List

Post by chipmunx » Fri May 13, 2022 6:54 pm

Steeley wrote: ↑Fri May 13, 2022 6:50 pm Would’ve liked to see beadling kept but guess with injuries not done him any favours.
i guess it's probably not taking things seriously enough and liking to "party" rumour from the other thread
Lancashire;- born and bred

Hadrian
Platinum Member
Posts: 4751
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Retained List

Post by Hadrian » Fri May 13, 2022 6:56 pm

Jim wrote: ↑Fri May 13, 2022 6:28 pm I can't see the squad list any more. Can anyone give us a list of those contracted for next season?
Sticky at top of Barrow AFC board
THE NORTHERN WAY

JammyBluebird
Silver Member
Posts: 1390
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:57 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: Retained List

Post by JammyBluebird » Fri May 13, 2022 7:14 pm

Lillis and Taylor are coaches but are registered in the squad for backup

Matty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5366
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: Retained List

Post by Matty » Fri May 13, 2022 7:23 pm

No issues with that really apart from I wouldn't be offering Jones a new contract. It's been obvious that Platt was on his way for a while now.
Popular side since '03.

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7129
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Retained List

Post by blue nige » Fri May 13, 2022 7:29 pm

Matty wrote: ↑Fri May 13, 2022 7:23 pm No issues with that really apart from I wouldn't be offering Jones a new contract. It's been obvious that Platt was on his way for a while now.
Mark Ellis Luke James, I'd get rid

HenneysKnee
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8337
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Retained List

Post by HenneysKnee » Fri May 13, 2022 7:34 pm

Surprised at Jones being offered a new deal, other than that it’s as expected. Big job on our hands to shift some of those under contract for next season

User avatar
Jim
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7261
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Retained List

Post by Jim » Fri May 13, 2022 7:36 pm

Hadrian wrote: ↑Fri May 13, 2022 6:56 pm
Jim wrote: ↑Fri May 13, 2022 6:28 pm I can't see the squad list any more. Can anyone give us a list of those contracted for next season?
Sticky at top of Barrow AFC board
When I checked before posting (as all good users should) I got a message that said ‘No posts within the timeframe’. Must be something in my settings/preferences.
Last edited by Jim on Fri May 13, 2022 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jim
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7261
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Retained List

Post by Jim » Fri May 13, 2022 7:36 pm

Hadrian wrote: ↑Fri May 13, 2022 6:56 pm
Jim wrote: ↑Fri May 13, 2022 6:28 pm I can't see the squad list any more. Can anyone give us a list of those contracted for next season?
Sticky at top of Barrow AFC board
When I checked before posting (as all good users should) I got a message that said ‘No posts within the timeframe’. Must be something in my settings/preferences.
Last edited by Jim on Fri May 13, 2022 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5366
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: Retained List

Post by Matty » Fri May 13, 2022 7:38 pm

blue nige wrote: ↑Fri May 13, 2022 7:29 pm
Matty wrote: ↑Fri May 13, 2022 7:23 pm No issues with that really apart from I wouldn't be offering Jones a new contract. It's been obvious that Platt was on his way for a while now.
Mark Ellis Luke James, I'd get rid
So would I, but this is only regarding players that were out of contract. There are a good few I would shift on free transfers.
Popular side since '03.

behind the goals
Gold Member
Posts: 2242
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Retained List

Post by behind the goals » Fri May 13, 2022 7:44 pm

Well if we are going to have 90% of last season`s squad we will again rely on 2 worst teams, so I`II go for finishing 22nd again and look forward to a 4th EFL Season.

Main Stand SeasonTct
Platinum Member
Posts: 3247
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Retained List

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct » Fri May 13, 2022 7:48 pm

Matty wrote: ↑Fri May 13, 2022 7:38 pm
blue nige wrote: ↑Fri May 13, 2022 7:29 pm

Mark Ellis Luke James, I'd get rid
So would I, but this is only regarding players that were out of contract. There are a good few I would shift on free transfers.
The problem is would there be any takers for players on the transfer list by a club that finished 22nd in EFL2.? Would players be willing to take pay cuts just to get a game or would they be happy picking up a wage and running the contract down like Mike Jones has done. ?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: steel panther and 12 guests