EFL Safeguarding?
- Adam29
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7290
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
- Location: Barrow-in-Furness
- Contact:
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
Hartlepool and Grimsby have also posted similar so it’s certainly not a club decision
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
Where in the EFL safeguarding policy does it say that “under 14’s must be accompanied by an adult”. From what I can see It does not say this, (quite possible I’ve overlooked it, so please provide a link to this statement) the safeguarding policy provides a set of guiding principles and expectations on clubs to commit to safeguarding but it looks like it is the club themselves that have took this particular decision.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
-
walneyroad
- Senior Member
- Posts: 425
- Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:01 pm
- Contact:
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
I too have trawled the internet for information about the EFL safeguarding policy. I cannot find any reference to this requirement.Jonty wrote: ↑Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:21 pm Where in the EFL safeguarding policy does it say that “under 14’s must be accompanied by an adult”. From what I can see It does not say this, (quite possible I’ve overlooked it, so please provide a link to this statement) the safeguarding policy provides a set of guiding principles and expectations on clubs to commit to safeguarding but it looks like it is the club themselves that have took this particular decision.
I think the club needs to issue a proper statement giving chapter and verse and links to where this information appears in the EFL guidelines.
-
MisterPleasant
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5251
- Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
- Contact:
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
I noticed that Stockport have also introduced the rule. I also looked for it in the EFL Safeguarding guidance but to do so is like looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack.
However, while it might be unpopular (and I started going to HS on my own from age 12) the world is a different place and corporate bodies are far more likely to be the subject of opprobrium and litigation should something happen to little Johnny while within the ostensible care of the club. It's all very well saying 'ignore it', 'turn a blind eye ' etc. but the minute something happened to a child you can bet your life there would be lawyers all over it on the parents' behalf.
By all means, if the clubs want to get the rule changed then try to do it. But to ignore it would be madness.
However, while it might be unpopular (and I started going to HS on my own from age 12) the world is a different place and corporate bodies are far more likely to be the subject of opprobrium and litigation should something happen to little Johnny while within the ostensible care of the club. It's all very well saying 'ignore it', 'turn a blind eye ' etc. but the minute something happened to a child you can bet your life there would be lawyers all over it on the parents' behalf.
By all means, if the clubs want to get the rule changed then try to do it. But to ignore it would be madness.
Don't let the old man in.
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7135
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
Neither can I Jonty, I'd like someone from the club to explain how they came to this decision!
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7135
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
SAFEGUARDING this from a club and police who let drunk away fans walk straight out into the home fans it's an absolute joke ,this should have been discussed and explained to people because it's just another rule interpreted to make it easy to manage young kids as a country where the hell are we going 
-
Desmond2-2
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1250
- Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:13 pm
- Contact:
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
Just read the EFL latest guidelines, also stipulates 1. No shouting at opponents or officials, No singing over 40 decibel’s,No wearing of Any footwear that tie’s above the ankle,No wearing of T shirts that have slogans on,No hand gestures,No use of the words White or Black,And finally No showing any physical signs of being happy. Safe guarding my arse.
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7135
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
So if we change or interpret a rule ,under a risk assessment you have to have reason's to do so, unless I've missed something I don't remember any incidents regarding under 14's we can't live our lives under what it's, what next curfews for under 14's?MisterPleasant wrote: ↑Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:49 pm I noticed that Stockport have also introduced the rule. I also looked for it in the EFL Safeguarding guidance but to do so is like looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack.
However, while it might be unpopular (and I started going to HS on my own from age 12) the world is a different place and corporate bodies are far more likely to be the subject of opprobrium and litigation should something happen to little Johnny while within the ostensible care of the club. It's all very well saying 'ignore it', 'turn a blind eye ' etc. but the minute something happened to a child you can bet your life there would be lawyers all over it on the parents' behalf.
By all means, if the clubs want to get the rule changed then try to do it. But to ignore it would be madness.
As I stated previously there's more danger involving Away fans of we which we do very little!
-
Cromwell58
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 840
- Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:30 pm
- Contact:
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
What happens if a parent can not afford to go but gives his money to their child to go ?
-
MikeRenney
- Senior Member
- Posts: 260
- Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:02 pm
- Contact:
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
Can perhaps see why for bigger grounds and crowds but not for the bottom couple of divisions. Shame that it has to happen like this because I can’t remember any incidents being reported that led to this ruling.
-
Main Stand SeasonTct
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3250
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
Maybe an explanation statement from the Clubs Safeguarding manager Alison Jesson on the clubs interpretation would be useful?
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7135
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
Exactly, Still can't find the section where the club can merit this decision though so can't wait for the answer!MikeRenney wrote: ↑Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:03 pm Can perhaps see why for bigger grounds and crowds but not for the bottom couple of divisions. Shame that it has to happen like this because I can’t remember any incidents being reported that led to this ruling.
-
MisterPleasant
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 5251
- Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:29 am
- Contact:
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
The Stockport site says 'children 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult ' - up to 4 per adult. Note the difference in age interpretation; ours says 'under 14'.
Don't let the old man in.
Re: EFL Safeguarding?
Barrow Aberdeen (Steve) has been very much involved in the development of safeguarding requirements for the club and is also passionate about ensuring the game is accessible to all and that includes younger groups of fans.
I am sure he will catch sight of this thread and may be able to clear up any queries being raised and clarify the clubs decisions on this one.
I am sure he will catch sight of this thread and may be able to clear up any queries being raised and clarify the clubs decisions on this one.
Still searching for the Young Soul Rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYxZUJt4xc
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: pjturley and 21 guests