Police

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3490
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: Police

Post by Pedro » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:23 am

JammyBluebird wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:10 am
Pedro wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:04 am

Find it ironical that a Bradford person will not call them a supporter throws a flare after what happened at their stadium in 1985 seeing 56 people burnt to death and 265 casualties.
Very poor taste comment
I think throwing flares is in bad taste.
How many times do we hear I did not think that would happen.after a incident.
It's senseless and dangerous

Moribund
Platinum Member
Posts: 2686
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Police

Post by Moribund » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:31 am

Pedro wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:04 am
2 doors up wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:41 am Let the referee report the flare and supporters on the pitch in their report to EFL and Barrow do nothing about it.. Then we will see. Let the players and managers excellent hard work go down the pan for a few mindless individuals, and a lack of stewards and unpaid bills ( if true) Bradford city had to use many loyalty points to get into yesterday's game ... so you can't say they are not fans!
Find it ironical that a Bradford person will not call them a supporter throws a flare after what happened at their stadium in 1985 seeing 56 people burnt to death and 265 casualties.
Walking through Asda listened to three Bradford lads saying what a sxxt hole the ground looked.
I said it shows how far you have fallen from your Premier Days and Paul Jewel.
The lad said it's before my time I do not know about that ,I said so was 1066 for me but I know what happend then
The Battle of Hastings is right up there with Paul Jewell's reign as Bradford manager when it comes to significant moments in Britain's history.

User avatar
AyrToBarra
Member
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:27 am
Location: Troon
Contact:

Re: Police

Post by AyrToBarra » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:52 am

Coming out of the train station I was baffled as to why there seemed to be a bigger police presence than for Carlisle last season so I asked one of them and they said it was due to incidents last time Bradford came to town, although I don't recall it being discussed here.

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3490
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: Police

Post by Pedro » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:13 am

Moribund wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:31 am
Pedro wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:04 am

Find it ironical that a Bradford person will not call them a supporter throws a flare after what happened at their stadium in 1985 seeing 56 people burnt to death and 265 casualties.
Walking through Asda listened to three Bradford lads saying what a sxxt hole the ground looked.
I said it shows how far you have fallen from your Premier Days and Paul Jewel.
The lad said it's before my time I do not know about that ,I said so was 1066 for me but I know what happend then
The Battle of Hastings is right up there with Paul Jewell's reign as Bradford manager when it comes to significant moments in Britain's history.
Glad you agree
I thought what sort of football supporter. are you , then I thought that when I was stood on the terrace in our dire days after being thrown of the Fotball League where were the remaining 6000+ who used to go.

bluebird90
Veteran Member
Posts: 653
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Police

Post by bluebird90 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:19 am

beachy01 wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:10 am Our fans get treated like shit at every home game, yet have to stand there while away supporters take the [SwearFilter], run on the pitch, flares on the pitch every home game. No wonder it kicks off. If the police did their job properly then alot of tension would be taken out of the situation
I’ve been going for 40 years, I’ve never once ever been treated like shit. You know why? Because I go to the game and support the team. The vast majority have the same experience.

What other fans do, shouldn’t affect your own personal responsibility. If I get caught speeding, ‘other people do it’ isn’t an excuse and I don’t kick off about it. In a similar manner, other clubs fans throwing flares and running on the pitch isn’t an excuse to ‘kick off’. It’s about acknowledging it’s not the right thing to do and dealing with it like an adult.

If the police ask me to walk a certain way to the ground so that they can keep people safe, I do it rather than argue with them. If they take a picture that I’m in, I’m fine with that as I’ve nothing to hide. If they want to search people on the way into grounds, that’s fine by me as it’s what happens at events up and down the country. If I have an issue, a question or a complaint, I send a letter or email to them and ask in a civil manner.

Cromwell58
Bronze Member
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Police

Post by Cromwell58 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:26 am

Carlisle1970 wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:17 am Wow , just came over to congratulate you on beating the bantams and it seems nothing changes in sunny old barrow.Kids getting assaulted and the bills going unpaid.
Fingers crossed this is the last year anybody has to visit your non league hovel.
@@@@ off troll you are not need or wanted go and count your fingers.

Main Stand SeasonTct
Platinum Member
Posts: 3250
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Police

Post by Main Stand SeasonTct » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:30 am

bluebird90 wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:19 am

I’ve been going for 40 years, I’ve never once ever been treated like shit. You know why? Because I go to the game and support the team. The vast majority have the same experience.

What other fans do, shouldn’t affect your own personal responsibility. If I get caught speeding, ‘other people do it’ isn’t an excuse and I don’t kick off about it. In a similar manner, other clubs fans throwing flares and running on the pitch isn’t an excuse to ‘kick off’. It’s about acknowledging it’s not the right thing to do and dealing with it like an adult.

If the police ask me to walk a certain way to the ground so that they can keep people safe, I do it rather than argue with them. If they take a picture that I’m in, I’m fine with that as I’ve nothing to hide. If they want to search people on the way into grounds, that’s fine by me as it’s what happens at events up and down the country. If I have an issue, a question or a complaint, I send a letter or email to them and ask in a civil manner.
I’ve been going a similar length of time and agree with every word. It’s just plain and simple common sense and respect IMO. Sadly a very small percentage who attend Holker St lack both.

beachy01
Veteran Member
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:56 am
Contact:

Re: Police

Post by beachy01 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:31 am

bluebird90 wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:19 am
beachy01 wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:10 am Our fans get treated like shit at every home game, yet have to stand there while away supporters take the [SwearFilter], run on the pitch, flares on the pitch every home game. No wonder it kicks off. If the police did their job properly then alot of tension would be taken out of the situation
I’ve been going for 40 years, I’ve never once ever been treated like shit. You know why? Because I go to the game and support the team. The vast majority have the same experience.

What other fans do, shouldn’t affect your own personal responsibility. If I get caught speeding, ‘other people do it’ isn’t an excuse and I don’t kick off about it. In a similar manner, other clubs fans throwing flares and running on the pitch isn’t an excuse to ‘kick off’. It’s about acknowledging it’s not the right thing to do and dealing with it like an adult.

If the police ask me to walk a certain way to the ground so that they can keep people safe, I do it rather than argue with them. If they take a picture that I’m in, I’m fine with that as I’ve nothing to hide. If they want to search people on the way into grounds, that’s fine by me as it’s what happens at events up and down the country. If I have an issue, a question or a complaint, I send a letter or email to them and ask in a civil manner.
Calm down bluebird90 or you'll give yourself a heart attack. You obviously havent been sat in the pub and been harrassed for no reason like some have. And wen i say no reason i mean no reason. You talk about your happy with them taking pictures,thata fine, more and more each day now you see bad things about people in power and young kids, thats why some of them take offence and rightly so IMO

bluebird90
Veteran Member
Posts: 653
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Police

Post by bluebird90 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:41 am

When you say harrassed? What do you mean? I’ve been in pubs before many games, home and away, and been asked to move on or asked where we are going. That’s not harassment.

When you say treat like shit, what do you mean? I’ve been in grounds where the facilities are poor, where we’ve been kept in after games and where other fans behaviour hasn’t been dealt with. That isn’t being treat like shit.

Cromwell58
Bronze Member
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Police

Post by Cromwell58 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:48 am

Started with Macclesfield a couple of seasons ago when the away 'Fans' throw bottles in to the home fans, nothing was done , nothing ever is done with away fans, Barrow fans are always seen as the cause of any problems. I understand the Police have to do their to do duty but it is never even handed .Last year Bradford fans were walking up to the ground with pint glasses in the their hands from a nearby pub, try doing that with a Barrow shirt on. Why are the coaches parked behind the Holker street end they should be parked down Wilke road for the end of the match, away fans need to be place elsewhere and not in the Holker End.

bluessupporter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3432
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm

Re: Police

Post by bluessupporter » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:23 pm

Apparently a lot of police with sniffer dogs in the town centre yesterday morning.

Sefton Aubergine
Veteran Member
Posts: 638
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:04 am
Contact:

Re: Police

Post by Sefton Aubergine » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:34 pm

bluessupporter wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:23 pm Apparently a lot of police with sniffer dogs in the town centre yesterday morning.
Useless in Barrow... See Jonty's litter thread.

mickmike wilson
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5435
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
Contact:

Re: Police

Post by mickmike wilson » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:44 pm

bluebird90 wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:41 am When you say harrassed? What do you mean? I’ve been in pubs before many games, home and away, and been asked to move on or asked where we are going. That’s not harassment.

When you say treat like shit, what do you mean? I’ve been in grounds where the facilities are poor, where we’ve been kept in after games and where other fans behaviour hasn’t been dealt with. That isn’t being treat like shit.


——————————————-
Tbf, It does happen, I can still remember decades back when we had a big game & we were in our youth & good friend of mine who hasn’t got a malice bone in his body, never been in trouble, never had a fight or come close etc ….We were at the front of the choir & they surged forwards as crowds often did back then & the police grabbed my mate & ejected him & arrested him & he did absolutely nothing wrong….Now you could argue, well why stand there, It’s what youngsters do isn’t it, Join their peers in singing & chanting, just so happened that a surge started & the police grabbed an easy target out, He got the charges dismissed as so many came forward saying he didn’t do anything & had that many characters references….So it does & can happen.

The police gave a tough job to do & often a thankless task, but they are human & do make mistakes like we all do.

Also the away fans do seem to get away with all sorts compared to home fans as is often talked about here, WHY the double standards, Just my 2 pence worth?
Last edited by mickmike wilson on Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jim
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7262
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Police

Post by Jim » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:47 pm

mickmike wilson wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:44 pm Just my 2 pence worth?
Just coppers then? ;)

mickmike wilson
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5435
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
Contact:

Re: Police

Post by mickmike wilson » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:47 pm

Jim wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:47 pm
mickmike wilson wrote: ↑Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:44 pm Just my 2 pence worth?
Just coppers then? ;)
Haha, Very good Jim 😂

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Always Ultra, russell_anderson and 21 guests