Apologies for the way I worded it - since edited.Origihally looked as if he replaced Crompton but he preceeded him.
Gillingham's last visit to Holker Street
Re: Gillingham's last visit to Holker Street
-
Desmond2-2
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1250
- Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:13 pm
- Contact:
Re: Gillingham's last visit to Holker Street
Some good friends of Steve Calvert, sponsored last weeks game in memory of him passing,12 months ago, in hindsight this would have been a great one to sponsor in his name,as he played in this fixture.
Re: Gillingham's last visit to Holker Street
If memory serves me correctly it was in the first half of this Gillingham match, with Barrow attacking the Steelworks End, that Steve went on a mazy run around three or four opponents in the middle of the park before cracking a 25 yard drive that cannoned back off the post. I think I've got the right match but I certainly remember the run by Steve because it was a moment of dazzling brilliance.
Re: Gillingham's last visit to Holker Street
To busy promoting his modelling career .
Brought to many players in from higher clubs B teams think Barry Mcarther and Geoff St were brought in.
The Gillingham players came up on the train and I got there autographs whilst I was coming home from Bolton College.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Semrush [Bot] and 39 guests