Gallagher - confirmed
-
bluessupporter
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3426
- Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm
Re: Gallagher - confirmed
Gallagher was a teammate of Tom Barkhuizen at PNE.
Re: Gallagher - confirmed
I think it's a bit of a myth we've been unlucky. Walsall battered us and we smashed and grabbed. Against Barnet our equaliser allegedly took not one but two deflections. I recall one goal we conceded being because it took a deflection, but generally we've conceded because our defending hasn't been up to scratch. Similarly going forward we hit the bar yesterday, but I recall Cheltenham clattering our bar from outside the box and our issues up front aren't down to luck.andyg wrote: ↑Fri Jan 02, 2026 11:11 pm I think the timing of the appointment is good...hopefully! We have a very tricky game against Bristol coming up who must be buoyant after their first victory in 13 at Shrewsbury and with the enigmatic Evans at the helm. Now the opposition face us as a bit of an unknown quantity on Sunday - lets hope that plays into our hands - we deserve a bit of luck. But whatever the result he then has two weeks before the next match to get some players in and start moulding the team into the way he wants them to play.
Re: Gallagher - confirmed
Doing a smash and grab away from home against a top team isn't lucky it can be a tactic that went right. Our away form isn't that bad (therefore the tactics we employ are nor bad) - its the home form that's terrible. Yes Cheltenham hit the post and we did but then they won the game - it could have been us so we were a bit unlucky like with Salford. But I take your point entirely it's our issues up front that are a massive problem for us.
We can go on and on but we could do with a bit of luck that gives us a win....at home!
We can go on and on but we could do with a bit of luck that gives us a win....at home!
-
Hitthebar22
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 am
- Contact:
Re: Gallagher - confirmed
He doesn’t seem to be the sort to read this forum, fortunately
-
Barrowvianbedlam
- Senior Member
- Posts: 341
- Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2025 9:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Gallagher - confirmed
Wood still responsible for signings. Going off his previous track record I’m not confident in the slightest.
Haven’t seen a bad word said about Gallagher, but still unproven in management. Personally think this will be the final nail in the coffin before we drop back into non league.
Haven’t seen a bad word said about Gallagher, but still unproven in management. Personally think this will be the final nail in the coffin before we drop back into non league.
Re: Gallagher - confirmed
Always look on the Bright Side of Life!Barrowvianbedlam wrote: ↑Sat Jan 03, 2026 7:13 am Wood still responsible for signings. Going off his previous track record I’m not confident in the slightest.
Haven’t seen a bad word said about Gallagher, but still unproven in management. Personally think this will be the final nail in the coffin before we drop back into non league.
-
Barrowvianbedlam
- Senior Member
- Posts: 341
- Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2025 9:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Gallagher - confirmed
I’d base my positivity on a new manager who’s actually managed at a comparable standard. Kids football is a different game compared to a relegation scrap which is where we find ourselvesDavid881 wrote: ↑Sat Jan 03, 2026 7:26 amAlways look on the Bright Side of Life!Barrowvianbedlam wrote: ↑Sat Jan 03, 2026 7:13 am Wood still responsible for signings. Going off his previous track record I’m not confident in the slightest.
Haven’t seen a bad word said about Gallagher, but still unproven in management. Personally think this will be the final nail in the coffin before we drop back into non league.
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7481
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
-
Hitthebar22
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:40 am
- Contact:
Re: Gallagher - confirmed
This is a complete reset.
Andy Whing obviously wasn’t up to it, playing ugly defensive football most of the time.
McDonald did quite well I thought, and brought a noticeable change.
Interesting that Gallagher was working with him for the last couple of games.
The dynamic for that period must have been strange. Without knowing any detail, I feel sorry for McDonald.
New players coming in (and those going out) will be fascinating.
Let’s hope it all works out.
Andy Whing obviously wasn’t up to it, playing ugly defensive football most of the time.
McDonald did quite well I thought, and brought a noticeable change.
Interesting that Gallagher was working with him for the last couple of games.
The dynamic for that period must have been strange. Without knowing any detail, I feel sorry for McDonald.
New players coming in (and those going out) will be fascinating.
Let’s hope it all works out.
Re: Gallagher - confirmed
Its not just a case of "Kids football". Paul has learnt his trade by being a good journeyman at a decent standard-he comes across as no muggins.Barrowvianbedlam wrote: ↑Sat Jan 03, 2026 7:38 am
I’d base my positivity on a new manager who’s actually managed at a comparable standard. Kids football is a different game compared to a relegation scrap which is where we find ourselves
Well, up to now we have yourself (Barrowvianbedlam) and (blue nige) who seem to be the two real 'Doubting Thomas's'.
Nothing wrong with that all - we all have opinions.
But most people on here seem to be in the camp of, 'Positive anything is better than negative nothing', and I'm with them.
Re: Gallagher - confirmed
With regards to who comes in and who goes out . Gallagher has said he likes pace at the back so could be Nial Canavan is on borrowed time. He's missed a lot of games through suspension and injury .
Up front I can see Cameron,Walker and Hemmings as potential candidates for the chop.
In midfield Booty does not have pace or aggression which Gallagher wants in his side.
Definitely going to be interesting to see how things pan out.
Up front I can see Cameron,Walker and Hemmings as potential candidates for the chop.
In midfield Booty does not have pace or aggression which Gallagher wants in his side.
Definitely going to be interesting to see how things pan out.
-
bluessupporter
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3426
- Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 pm
Re: Gallagher - confirmed
Apparently Gallagher is a legend at PNE based on four spells as a player..
Hope he becomes a legend as a manager (head coach) at HS.
Hope he becomes a legend as a manager (head coach) at HS.
-
Bakewell Blue
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 641
- Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:00 pm
- Contact:
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7129
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: Gallagher - confirmed
Just to help Mall out ,yes I said it's a gamble etc, but there's a difference in me ,I'll support the Manager and see how it goes, let's be honest the interview is what to expect and if he's backed with the right personal he'll be ok he's saying everything and others have said, no pace at the back, check, aggressive tactics/ high press,check
Which is what I want to see!
The problem is half our squad don't fit that criteria so it's going to take time!, doubting Thomas? Try realist ! Enjoy the game tomorrow (weather permitting)
Which is what I want to see!
The problem is half our squad don't fit that criteria so it's going to take time!, doubting Thomas? Try realist ! Enjoy the game tomorrow (weather permitting)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Windy Pete and 34 guests