Post
by Jim » Sat Aug 08, 2026 6:22 pm
It was a scrap from start to finish, pretty awful to watch. Players hardly had any time on the ball. Having said that, we were beaten by a better team today. Hartlepool did at least control the ball and tried most of the time to play out constructively from the back. I can't fault the commitment and effort from our team today, but I felt the tactics were wrong, lumping the ball forward and players like Whits struggling to bring a bouncing, spinning ball under control. We certainly got stuck in and Hartlepool players will know they have been in a game.
Driving home, I listened to Simon Weaver on Harrogate's 5-2 win and he said his aim this year is to play entertaining football at home and give the fans something to cheer. It will be interesting to see how we play at Holker Street and also interesting to see how we play against entertaining, free flowing football at Harrogate.