Sponsored by - S Rodgers, J Goodwin, B Millburn, PC Lettings, NSC, S Leonard, Give ‘em Beans, NSC & Surrey Barrovian

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
barrowaberdeen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9034
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
Location: Independent Newbarns

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by barrowaberdeen » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:56 am

Ian, me Chris, Alex and Barrowranger (has been volunteeed by Chris) can do painting or general tidying tomorrow all day, just PM what and where things are and what you want done.

I think we can assume a generally low skill level so bear that in mind :lol:

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9884
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by spirit of 1990 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:05 am

mrsenario wrote:Then Al noticed the light on in the press box and chased kids out of the vaughans car park area where they just move a board to get in. These seem to be regular visitors and need to be caught.Whilst in the press box, he noticed a burning smell and they had tried to start a fire.
This is an ongoing problem & can't really see an easy answer to it.

I know the reasoning behind leaving the press box open, which is there's nothing in there worth stealing so there's no point in locking it when some tosser wil only smash the door down to get in before they realise it wasn't worth their while. Trouble is, this obviously isn't working now because that's twice we know of they've gone in & lit a fire.
Apart from the obvious cost to putting the place right again if a fire took hold, there's a danger of games being called off because there'd be no matchday control room.
I think we'll have to look at making the place secure & fitting some sort of motion sensor alarm (perhaps worth looking into for the M A as well)
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

Richard Ingham
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5115
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Chorley
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Richard Ingham » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:11 am

Ian,

Check with Uncle Peter but I believe there may be a possible CCTV solution to this.

More razor wire around the perimeter wouldnt go amiss either though :)

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by boyliegladbach » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:22 am

Richard Ingham wrote:Ian,

Check with Uncle Peter but I believe there may be a possible CCTV solution to this.

More razor wire around the perimeter wouldnt go amiss either though :)
Or a sniper,

User avatar
Wintergreen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7481
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
Location: The Blue Planet
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Wintergreen » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:04 pm

boyliegladbach wrote:
Richard Ingham wrote:Ian,

Check with Uncle Peter but I believe there may be a possible CCTV solution to this.

More razor wire around the perimeter wouldnt go amiss either though :)
Or a sniper,
Or bring back Pressbox Pete on a nightshift basis then no one would have to listen to his illogical banter.
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...

User avatar
Uncle Peter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3371
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:17 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Post by Uncle Peter » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:43 pm

Leave this with me, I'll look into a possible solution I may have
"As long as they don't start causing any bother they are welcome to continue reinforcing my belief the Midlands is only good for nuking."

Mr R Ingham, 02/10/2013

mrsenario
Gold Member
Posts: 1628
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by mrsenario » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:55 pm

I,d like to think the police will be involved as I hate to think what Big Al would have done if hed caught them.
Last time I saw him he was striding across the pitch with a lump of 3x2 with nails in.
Who is Big Al by the way, shows up works and leaves...think called Al Robertson and I believe he played for furness rovers for 20 years or more?

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9884
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by spirit of 1990 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:04 pm

barrowaberdeen wrote:Ian, me Chris, Alex and Barrowranger (has been volunteeed by Chris) can do painting or general tidying tomorrow all day, just PM what and where things are and what you want done.

I think we can assume a generally low skill level so bear that in mind :lol:
What time you on about Steve? I can pop down, open up & show you what needs doing if you'd like.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

User avatar
Ste Story
BarrowAFC.net Administrator
Posts: 8192
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm
Location: Costa Del Barrow
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Ste Story » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:21 pm

If you let me know what time you're down there too that'd be good Ian, could do with another look/chat/measure up of the dressing room.
:scarf:
Ste Story | Professional Website & Graphic Design in Barrow - www.stephenstory.co.uk

barrowaberdeen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9034
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
Location: Independent Newbarns

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by barrowaberdeen » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Half 9 Ian?

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9884
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by spirit of 1990 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:28 pm

barrowaberdeen wrote:Half 9 Ian?
That's fine Steve, see you then.

Uncle Peter is meeting me there as well, he's found a motion sensor alarm that we're buying for the press box - see if that'll dissuade the little [SwearFilter].
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

User avatar
Uncle Peter
Platinum Member
Posts: 3371
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:17 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Post by Uncle Peter » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:19 pm

All bought, should be a ten minute job tops.

What we really need is for that area to be covered by CCTV. If anyone out there has contacts in this area or is able to donate any old equipment as a stop gap feel free to pm me.

Whilst I'm on the cadge, were also after an old Sky digital dish if anyone has one lying around. We've had a box and TV donated, just need a dish.
"As long as they don't start causing any bother they are welcome to continue reinforcing my belief the Midlands is only good for nuking."

Mr R Ingham, 02/10/2013

Holkerbird
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6547
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Holkerbird » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:56 pm

Graham Chapman turned up today to do some volunteering but as there's a match tonight I didn't think it was worth his while painting.Thanks anyway Graham.
When I left the club at tea time there was a ruddy great carpet lying in the road outside so I hauled it onto the pavement so if it's still there tomorrow can someone haul it into the skip please as it was too heavy for me to carry back.
Chris if you can get the key to the first aid cabin tomorrow can you and the lads swap the physio bench in the away shower with the one in the first aid cabin please.
As the skip is empty again there's more boards to go in. Those tasks should fill an hour or so for you. :lol:

Si_Nichols
Veteran Member
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:45 pm
Location: Lancaster
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Si_Nichols » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:16 pm

Uncle Peter wrote:All bought, should be a ten minute job tops.

What we really need is for that area to be covered by CCTV. If anyone out there has contacts in this area or is able to donate any old equipment as a stop gap feel free to pm me.

Whilst I'm on the cadge, were also after an old Sky digital dish if anyone has one lying around. We've had a box and TV donated, just need a dish.
I might be able to get my hands on a sky dish for you however god only knows how I would get it there. Let me know if you don't get any joy in the next week and I will see what I can do if necessary.

I am pretty sure someone locally will have one as anyone who has left sky, the dish is yours to keep.

Holkerbird
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 6547
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Ground maintenance area

Post by Holkerbird » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Bring it to Alty Si and we will bring it back on the coach. You won't look out of place on the train with it. :lol:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big_Bluebird, bluessupporter, Cuz66, DaveP, DerekW, MisterPleasant, sambino and 53 guests