Sponsored by - S Rodgers, J Goodwin, B Millburn, PC Lettings, NSC, S Leonard, Give ‘em Beans, NSC & Surrey Barrovian
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Ground maintenance area
July's G M A newsletter is now out, I've sent quite a few by e-mail but from now onwards it'll just be on the official site.
We'll post a reminder each month when the latest one is out.
We'll post a reminder each month when the latest one is out.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
- Konaldo
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 966
- Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:22 am
- Location: Esbjerg - Denmark
- Contact:
Re: Ground maintenance area
Thanks Ian, got mine when I was at tonights Speedway match. Considered to read it at sight, but waited until now. Thanks for sending it.
Boreham Wood 2020
Leyton Orient 2018
Rochdale 2017
Altrincham 2015
Stalybridge 2015
Cambridge 2013
Braintree 2012
Leyton Orient 2018
Rochdale 2017
Altrincham 2015
Stalybridge 2015
Cambridge 2013
Braintree 2012
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Ground maintenance area
I'll be opening up for theses chap's at 9:30 - if anyone wants to pop down & learn some technical skills off Steve I'm sure he'll happily pass his knowledge on.barrowaberdeen wrote:Ian, me Chris, Alex and Barrowranger (has been volunteeed by Chris) can do painting or general tidying tomorrow all day, just PM what and where things are and what you want done.
I think we can assume a generally low skill level so bear that in mind
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
-
barrowaberdeen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9034
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
- Location: Independent Newbarns
Re: Ground maintenance area
We got the two corners finished of the perimeter fence (Chris came down) so it's just those remaining boards down and the blue there to do.
Can''t believe how much paint it takes!
-
Cubbins Paratrooper
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1445
- Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:35 pm
- Location: NW London
- Contact:
Re: Ground maintenance area
Which were the two teams involved in the meeting?Konaldo wrote:Thanks Ian, got mine when I was at tonights Speedway match. Considered to read it at sight, but waited until now. Thanks for sending it.
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Ground maintenance area
I can't believe how much paint it takes.....what were you doing - drinking itbarrowaberdeen wrote:![]()
We got the two corners finished of the perimeter fence (Chris came down) so it's just those remaining boards down and the blue there to do.
Can''t believe how much paint it takes!
Fantastic effort by you three today Steve, I've just been down to show Mrs Lynch & her daughter her late husbands small commemorative plaque so had a quick peek & you've done a cracking job.
One section left if anyone fancies having a go tomorrow. I can open up for you & show you where the paint & brushes are at whatever time suits.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
Re: Ground maintenance area
Just a quick note to say, I did a couple of hours in the workshop tonight drilling wood with a 20 mm cutter and the whole workshop smells like theres been a fire so don't panic..for those who may be there tomorrow and don't read the forum...Ive put a notice on the MA door explaining this
PS changing room stuff coming on well!!!
PS changing room stuff coming on well!!!
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7481
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
- Konaldo
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 966
- Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:22 am
- Location: Esbjerg - Denmark
- Contact:
Re: Ground maintenance area
Esbjerg at home - Slangerup was the away team.Cubbins Paratrooper wrote:Which were the two teams involved in the meeting?Konaldo wrote:Thanks Ian, got mine when I was at tonights Speedway match. Considered to read it at sight, but waited until now. Thanks for sending it.
Boreham Wood 2020
Leyton Orient 2018
Rochdale 2017
Altrincham 2015
Stalybridge 2015
Cambridge 2013
Braintree 2012
Leyton Orient 2018
Rochdale 2017
Altrincham 2015
Stalybridge 2015
Cambridge 2013
Braintree 2012
-
Cubbins Paratrooper
- Silver Member
- Posts: 1445
- Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:35 pm
- Location: NW London
- Contact:
Re: Ground maintenance area
I know this off-topic and will cease after this post.
See that Mikkel Bech rides for Esbjerg, we saw him last Friday night in the Lakeside v Birmingham meeting. A very exciting prospect indeed.
Now back on topic: fantastic work being carried out by the team of volunteers, you are doing a superb job at the ground. Thank-you very, very much to all of you who are involved, in whatever capacity. Further, keeping us informed of ideas and progress is sincerely appreciated.
See that Mikkel Bech rides for Esbjerg, we saw him last Friday night in the Lakeside v Birmingham meeting. A very exciting prospect indeed.
Now back on topic: fantastic work being carried out by the team of volunteers, you are doing a superb job at the ground. Thank-you very, very much to all of you who are involved, in whatever capacity. Further, keeping us informed of ideas and progress is sincerely appreciated.
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Ground maintenance area
Thanks to Frank (can't remember his surname) for turning up this morning & carrying on with the painting in the HSE/pop side corner.
Final push for the painting of the perimeter wall & it'll all be done on Sunday morning - all ready for next weekend.
I bought another couple of tubs of blue today to finish that side off - knocking on £300 this week alone on paint
Tommy was in there for a few hours carrying on the the boards for the changing rooms, they look pretty professional as well, I think Elaine is even coming around to them now.....or is she (NO)
I was finally forced to admit defeat today & buy some new power tools as what we had weren't really what we needed for some of the job's coming up (changing room modules for one) A brand new mitre saw, circular saw & battery drill were purchased this morning - Mrsenorita's puffy little mince pie's lit up & started filling up with tear's when I walked in with them today
Final push for the painting of the perimeter wall & it'll all be done on Sunday morning - all ready for next weekend.
I bought another couple of tubs of blue today to finish that side off - knocking on £300 this week alone on paint
Tommy was in there for a few hours carrying on the the boards for the changing rooms, they look pretty professional as well, I think Elaine is even coming around to them now.....or is she (NO)
I was finally forced to admit defeat today & buy some new power tools as what we had weren't really what we needed for some of the job's coming up (changing room modules for one) A brand new mitre saw, circular saw & battery drill were purchased this morning - Mrsenorita's puffy little mince pie's lit up & started filling up with tear's when I walked in with them today
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ground maintenance area
Frank? The only person I saw there painting was Graham Chapman!!!!
Don't even associate me with the abomination of the changing room facilities.
Soz I lent on the module and the whole thing fell apart. I think Mrsenario told me to f off in a roundabout way. 
Thank goodness the paid cleaner takes over the changing rooms when the season starts and my eyes won't be accosted by the sight of the "boudoir like" scenes. It just needs a "madame" to complete the makeover. With each player getting his own individual mirror it is going to take some effort to drag them away and out onto the pitch.
Just thought I would mention I am not keen on the alterations.
Don't even associate me with the abomination of the changing room facilities.
Thank goodness the paid cleaner takes over the changing rooms when the season starts and my eyes won't be accosted by the sight of the "boudoir like" scenes. It just needs a "madame" to complete the makeover. With each player getting his own individual mirror it is going to take some effort to drag them away and out onto the pitch.
Just thought I would mention I am not keen on the alterations.
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: Ground maintenance area
That's him, sorry.Holkerbird wrote:Frank? The only person I saw there painting was Graham Chapman!!!!
That's you, not sorryHolkerbird wrote:It just needs a "madame"
Let's not startHolkerbird wrote:Just thought I would mention I am not keen on the alterations.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
-
Holkerbird
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:27 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ground maintenance area
- Uncle Peter
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3371
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:17 pm
- Location: Barrow
- Contact:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: pjturley and 25 guests