Forest Green v Barrow match thread

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
themaster
Bronze Member
Posts: 833
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:38 am
Location: Ulverston
Contact:

Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread

Post by themaster » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:40 pm

Quite enjoyed the slow motioned videoing of some of our fans reactions to the goals.

User avatar
Steelworks End
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5959
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm
Location: Twickenham
Contact:

Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread

Post by Steelworks End » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:53 pm

John Very Little wrote:
Gonna get in touch with Forest Green about this and will be interesting to hear their lies, I mean response.
There was one Barrow supporter sitting in the stand by himself; he needs to be seated because of health reasons.

It would also be interesting to hear Forest Grump's reasons as to why the stewards had been instructed not to let anyone else join him. Or even go to speak to him.

And they think of themselves as s community club.

themaster
Bronze Member
Posts: 833
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:38 am
Location: Ulverston
Contact:

Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread

Post by themaster » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:54 pm

Freya wrote:Does anyone have the ability to post of the Forest Green forum? Some of the things being wrote about Barrow fans and me in particular are getting ridiculous now so I need to post my side of the story (the truth) there.

I am the 18 year old girl from Barrow being spoken about on this thread. After reading what has been said about me on the bus home last night, I was not going to post anything in reply and just forget about it. However now after seeing the thread now descend into complete and utters lies about me, I feel the need to defend myself. Therefore, here is my side of the story.

As we were leaving the away end we were talking between ourselves about the game, quite loud between us as we were understandably annoyed at what we had just watched. A group of FGR fans leaving the stand to the left of where we were then came over to us and began arguing with us saying we were sore losers, f**king this, f**king that etc. Barrow fans reacted in telling them where to go in a similar fashion. The man who has began this thread then grabbed my boyfriend's arm, and told him to stop swearing near his child, which he wasn't doing. I then proceeded to tell him that if he doesn't want his child to hear swear words then he shouldn't bring him to the football. I have been watching Barrow since I was 7 and when I was that age I heard all kinds of bad language, unfortunately its something they are going to hear. The man then began to shout and swear at me while he was holding his son's hand. I walked away towards the bus, and he shouted at me again, calling me a sket. When my boyfriend and several other people turned round to say something to him, the man moved his child out of the way, and came towards the Barrow bus, only to be stopped by stewards. We ignored it, and were stood waiting to get on our bus however one person was arguing with the driver as stated on here (because FGR stewards had told us the driver had told them not to let any of us in, however that was a lie made up by stewards). He was still shouting at us while we stood in the queue.

This is the complete truth although I doubt anyone will believe me, everyone seems to already have an opinion on me.

I may have been gobby and what not in the ground and am very embarrassed about it but I was shouting no more than any other Barrow fan in the ground who was angry at the shocking refereeing on display. I am a passionate supporter and my emotions got the better of me.

Also, at no point did I direct any abuse at his child, and did not call his child a c**t. I would never do this and I am very disappointed that he has made this up as this is not the type of person I am. In fact, I have just finished working as a carer for people with acquired brain injuries and mental health issues. In hindsight, I should not have said anything to the man, but I was worried when he grabbed my boyfriend. I worry how FGR will cope should they get promoted into the Football League how you will cope with away supporters a lot nastier than ours.


Again anyone with the ability to post on their forum if they could copy and paste this to them on my behalf I would really appreciate it
I must be getting old , I had to google what Sket meant.

Can we not just go on Jeremy Kyle and sort this ? We could drag Edmo along and those solicitors too. Make it a BAFC special :scarf:

barrowaberdeen
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9034
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm
Location: Independent Newbarns

Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread

Post by barrowaberdeen » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:20 pm

Go with Graeme..

Seriously though, whoever is posting on there at least please put Freya's side up as this character is saying all sorts of this that are incorrect.

Freya
Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread

Post by Freya » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:21 pm

themaster wrote: I must be getting old , I had to google what Sket meant.

Can we not just go on Jeremy Kyle and sort this ? We could drag Edmo along and those solicitors too. Make it a BAFC special :scarf:
Haha! I just wanted to get the truth out there before everyone see's those lies and believes them instead

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11322
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread

Post by McMark » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:01 pm

Your side of the event is now up on their site Freya! Courtesy of a kind FGR supporter. http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 1&start=40

User avatar
McMark
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 11322
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread

Post by McMark » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:17 pm

Matty Dodds highlights now available!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmVeLhZ ... e=youtu.be
Totally unavoidable ball to hand by Livesey, well captured by the young Dodster! No such excuses for Williams though who up until then was having a decent game. Some of our defending is shambolic at times.

User avatar
Steelworks End
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5959
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm
Location: Twickenham
Contact:

Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread

Post by Steelworks End » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:40 pm

I'm struggling to see how there was any intention whatsoever by Danny Livesey to handle the ball - he wasn't even looking in that direction!

Many referees wouldn't have given a penalty, no reasonable referee would have deemed it a red card. Totally spoiled the game as a contest.

User avatar
spirit of 1990
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 9885
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
Contact:

Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread

Post by spirit of 1990 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:43 pm

Looking at the highlights I can understand the Williams sending off, perhaps a miss kick but from certain views it could've looked like a red card offence.

Danny's was a complete & utter joke & that needs to be appealed against, not a penalty & not a red card offence.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.

Si_Nichols
Veteran Member
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:45 pm
Location: Lancaster
Contact:

Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread

Post by Si_Nichols » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:46 pm

Steelworks End wrote:I'm struggling to see how there was any intention whatsoever by Danny Livesey to handle the ball - he wasn't even looking in that direction!

Many referees wouldn't have given a penalty, no reasonable referee would have deemed it a red card. Totally spoiled the game as a contest.
The bit I can't comprehend is that the ref had a better view of it than anyone else.

Williams has to go for kicking out but it just looked like sheer frustration and I am not surprised given the officiating on the day. There are times when things go against you but this guy was a complete joke who is probably just out to make a name for himself.

At least we were better than FGR at one thing on the day. Our highlights >>FGR highlights

Middleton Nick
Platinum Member
Posts: 3548
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
Contact:

Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread

Post by Middleton Nick » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:49 pm

It was a pathetic decision and ruined the game as a contest.However, we have to get over that and make sure we get our act together on Tuesday night.In my opinion Guiseley were the best footballing side at HS last season and they will be no pushover.

Matty
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5369
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 pm
Location: Barrow
Contact:

Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread

Post by Matty » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:58 pm

The penalty, I've seen them given and not, so fair enough. But in terms of the sending off, I suggest the referee book an appointment at his local GP to get his head examined.
Popular side since '03.

Bafc Ronan
New Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 4:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread

Post by Bafc Ronan » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:08 pm

Good highlights by Matt Dodd got everything in with a good view

boyliegladbach
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Tel aviv
Contact:

Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread

Post by boyliegladbach » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:16 pm

Good highlights but I would have like to have seen
The FGR players dive when walker got booked
The hand ball against Ashton in first half that was a joke
A tackle by fofana that the ref wasn't even looking at,but gave a free kick
The incident where Dixon gave away the free kick in our area.

User avatar
barrowfan_chris
Platinum Member
Posts: 3509
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:44 pm
Location: The Former Republic of Barrovia.
Contact:

Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread

Post by barrowfan_chris » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:27 pm

phil_mitchell wrote:Yeah it's all true I bring my 5 year old son to both of our 1st game of the season and I kick off for no reason.

Please listen to this Christ with my chequered history with the club im not going to start abusing opposition fans with my son there. This is garbage look at her behaviour during the game im telling you it was not much better after. I have 3 stewards that will back me all the way they have given me there names and will provide the club with the information needed.
From the FGR forum.

Sounds like he is talking out of his arse also sounds like he has history of being a [SwearFilter] as well.

Forest green stewards have a history of being awkward they attacked a Grimsby fan last year for bringing an inflatable into the ground.

It looks like phil is coming to Barrow for a fight good luck with that.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: John_Bucks and 33 guests