Forest Green v Barrow match thread

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
BristolBluebird
Member
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:50 am
Contact:

Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread

Post by BristolBluebird » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:18 pm

Such an amateur bunch of stewards at FGR nearly as bad as those idiots at Stockport....anyway move on its history

geobarrovian
Senior Member
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 11:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread

Post by geobarrovian » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:24 pm

They are not stewards, they are great big massive effing doormen who clearly thrive from unsettling visiting fans and take any opportunity possible to showcase their brute force on a bigger stage than the local pubs that they are probably usually stationed outside.

mickmike wilson
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5435
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 pm
Location: The live music capital of the world, AUSTIN, TEXAS
Contact:

Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread

Post by mickmike wilson » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:27 pm

FGR Fan wrote:Just to clarify again I'm not "Phil" MickMike Wilson, just sticking up for him a bit. I don't condone everything he's done, but he's usually alright and doesn't pick fights for the sake of it especially with his little lad with him. Personally I'd recommend he had just walked away, but if you get provoked it can be tough especially if your kid is getting upset and scared.
Fair enough Mate, PS Are you aware on other social media he has admitted he use to go away fighting at games, I am sure he has upset a few people in his time.

K-Man
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 5104
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 10:20 pm
Location: Qatar
Contact:

Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread

Post by K-Man » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:44 am

John Very Little wrote:These will be the same stewards that made up false allegations and lies about us?
Saying that our bus driver had said we were a bunch of animals when he never said anything of the sort?
Saying that we'd been damaging property and causing trouble in Nailsworth when this wasn't the case and used these lies to say they weren't letting us into the ground?

Why were home fans waiting directly outside the away fans exit in the first place and not moved on by the stewards? It was blatantly obvious they were stood there to try and cause trouble with Barrow fans leaving the ground and the stewards were happy to just let it happen.
I left the game early because I couldn't be arsed watching the rest of that. When I existed the ground I spoke to a very friendly steward about the premiership and what not for about 5 minutes, then all of a sudden steward who looked like a bouncer came steaming in asking his colleague if he was okay and if I was kicking off and he said no we're talking about football. The said bouncer was hell bent on looking for bother all game and I'd be suprised if he isn't the steward you are on about John
Said bouncer (crap pic)
Said bouncer (crap pic)
fgr steward.png (22.62 KiB) Viewed 2194 times

Bingo
Platinum Member
Posts: 4102
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
Location: Failsworth, Manchester
Contact:

Re: Forest Green v Barrow match thread

Post by Bingo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:35 am

Give someone a Florissant jacket and they think they rule the world

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests