Its very good would have gone and watched it again tonight but sadly working nights.
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
I Believe in Miracles
- barrowfan_chris
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 3509
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:44 pm
- Location: The Former Republic of Barrovia.
- Contact:
Re: I Believe in Miracles
Thanks Peter and Signal media! A first visit to the Cooke building and it was a really enjoyable evening, only holds just over 50 in the cinema! would definitely go again to watch one of our FA trophy finals if someone could make it possible.
Re: I Believe in Miracles
Huge thanks peter very enjoyable night and great bunch of guys... Like the idea of trophy finals next screening mark.... Great venue for a relaxing evening
Re: I Believe in Miracles
[SwearFilter]. I was coming on here to see if there were any tickets left, thought it was next week!
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9885
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: I Believe in Miracles
Really good night, a cracking little venue and the film was a great insight into how football has changed since then. Well done Peter for organising it all.
Next time stop us from going back to the Duke!! Veltins & a 12:00 o'clock bar on a work night aren't a good mix.......
Next time stop us from going back to the Duke!! Veltins & a 12:00 o'clock bar on a work night aren't a good mix.......
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
Re: I Believe in Miracles
Brilliant little film in a really friendly little venue.
However, for those who haven't seen it, be prepared for it to end in a fairly abrupt/anti-climax kind of a way.
What there was was superb but for me the whole 'miracle' thing consists of the following:
1. From languishing in the (then) second division to winning the (then) first division the season after promotion.
2. Winning The European Cup the next season.
3. Retaining The European Cup the following season (one of very few sides who ever have)
The film is mostly about 1 and 2, with a quick 5 mins at the end thrown in as a cursory mention of 3. I would have liked another 45/50 mins on the cup run of 3 because to me a big part of the 'miracle' was definitely retaining the European Cup. It barely gets a mention despite them seeing off Barcelona etc and beating a Keegan-led SV Hamburg in the final, and a player Clough repeatedly praises throughout (John Robertson) scored the only goal, a year after setting up the only goal in the Malmo final. I just didn't think this part got the credit or running time it deserved.
Like I say though, still a brilliant little film - and refreshingly eye-opening to see how Clough kept everything simple, had them resting a lot, and was even offering a glass of wine on a matchday at one point to one of the players. (Bowyer I think.)
"What about a freekick outside the box, boss?"
"Shoot"
"What about an indirect freekick boss?"
"Pass it sideways and f^%*ing shoot!"
Quality.
However, for those who haven't seen it, be prepared for it to end in a fairly abrupt/anti-climax kind of a way.
What there was was superb but for me the whole 'miracle' thing consists of the following:
1. From languishing in the (then) second division to winning the (then) first division the season after promotion.
2. Winning The European Cup the next season.
3. Retaining The European Cup the following season (one of very few sides who ever have)
The film is mostly about 1 and 2, with a quick 5 mins at the end thrown in as a cursory mention of 3. I would have liked another 45/50 mins on the cup run of 3 because to me a big part of the 'miracle' was definitely retaining the European Cup. It barely gets a mention despite them seeing off Barcelona etc and beating a Keegan-led SV Hamburg in the final, and a player Clough repeatedly praises throughout (John Robertson) scored the only goal, a year after setting up the only goal in the Malmo final. I just didn't think this part got the credit or running time it deserved.
Like I say though, still a brilliant little film - and refreshingly eye-opening to see how Clough kept everything simple, had them resting a lot, and was even offering a glass of wine on a matchday at one point to one of the players. (Bowyer I think.)
"What about a freekick outside the box, boss?"
"Shoot"
"What about an indirect freekick boss?"
"Pass it sideways and f^%*ing shoot!"
Quality.
"Walter, I'm sure there's a reason you brought your dirty undies..."
-
blue nige
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7138
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
- Location: Antarctica
- Contact:
Re: I Believe in Miracles
if you have bt sport they are showing this on tuesday 16th february at 10-30p.m.!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: BBCRC, Main Stand SeasonTct, Semrush [Bot] and 28 guests