So the question is, if he doesn't get the job, what can the club do with him? It's patently obvious he isn't good enough to play at this level, and I can't imagine a new manager will want him as his right-hand man. Nor will we be able to pay him off. So he becomes Barrow's Winston Bogarde and kicks his heels? Maybe loan him out?Richard Ingham wrote:As nice a bloke as Meechan is, I would hope he is only being given an interview out of courtesy and isn't in any serious way a proper candidate for the job.
New Manager
- sanddevil-temp
- Gold Member
- Posts: 2496
- Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:00 pm
- Location: Fulham. Or is it Hammersmith? West London any road.
- Contact:
Re: New Manager
Me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/badzillacouk
Creator and developer of the extremely annoying Barrow AFC Twitter Bot https://twitter.com/BarrowAFCbot
Creator and developer of the extremely annoying Barrow AFC Twitter Bot https://twitter.com/BarrowAFCbot
- frankums
- Senior Member
- Posts: 339
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 7:04 pm
- Location: St Ives | England
- Contact:
Re: New Manager
It doesn't rhyme.Barrowabc wrote:I just hope who ever is going to be our new manager
Knows what he's doing and drags us up from where we are now![]()
From what I hear it's been painfull watching![]()
I hope this changes as we can't get any worse can we
Cambridge branch
Re: New Manager
but that's no crime!frankums wrote:It doesn't rhyme.Barrowabc wrote:I just hope who ever is going to be our new manager
Knows what he's doing and drags us up from where we are now![]()
From what I hear it's been painfull watching![]()
I hope this changes as we can't get any worse can we
With barrowabc and BAFC your a winner every time.
John Cornforth Manager
The things you do on your days off!! Though I had heard of John Cornforth, I hadn't heard much about John Cornforth, so after research on the magic box I was both surprised and impressed by some of the things people say of him. Maybe this dark horse will renew our affiliation to the north east.
Re: John Cornforth Manager
Coolio
-
Bingo
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 4100
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
- Location: Failsworth, Manchester
- Contact:
Re: John Cornforth Manager
So has this guy been appointed or is this just another pointless new thread
-
Si_Nichols
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 663
- Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:45 pm
- Location: Lancaster
- Contact:
Re: New Manager
He could be a good fit for the Bluey suitsanddevil-temp wrote:So the question is, if he doesn't get the job, what can the club do with him? It's patently obvious he isn't good enough to play at this level, and I can't imagine a new manager will want him as his right-hand man. Nor will we be able to pay him off. So he becomes Barrow's Winston Bogarde and kicks his heels? Maybe loan him out?Richard Ingham wrote:As nice a bloke as Meechan is, I would hope he is only being given an interview out of courtesy and isn't in any serious way a proper candidate for the job.
Re: New Manager
I agree with that.spirit of 1990 wrote:One thing them stats probably do show is that as a club we're always going to struggle with league form over a longer period no matter what division we're in.
- Wintergreen
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 7480
- Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:38 pm
- Location: The Blue Planet
- Contact:
Re: John Cornforth Manager
Posted by a brash new kid shootin from the hip and givin it all that (doin crab nipper motion)Bingo wrote:So has this guy been appointed or is this just another pointless new thread
I've told him once - I'm doing the spoof managerial announcements. Kids nowadays eh?
We will foller the soccer, over land and sea...
Re: New Manager
Why is that though?K_BFC wrote:I agree with that.spirit of 1990 wrote:One thing them stats probably do show is that as a club we're always going to struggle with league form over a longer period no matter what division we're in.
It's becauae as a club we've never been able to see past the end of our own nose, and have in the main stumbled from crisis to crisis with no forward thinking or long-term planning. Yes there have been brief highs, but thats all they were ever going to be as the way the club is and has been run is never going to be sustainable long-term.
It doesn't have to continue like that though, the club and area is big enough to support better. I'm not sure this board is any more capable of delivering it than any of the others though.
Lowe would be a very disappointing appointment for me and a clear indication that nothing is going to change.
Re: New Manager
I tend to agree with both views here, up to a point.
Trouble is that when you are faced with crisis management the focus is always going to be on the day-to-day survival issues and the medium and long-term are going to appear to be less urgent priorities. And so it continues.
The one bright spot is that there are now more groups of people involved in aspects of the club's life which, ultimately should ease the day-to-day load on what I would hope will become an extended board, allowing them to concentrate on a more strategic and managerial approach. To achieve this further volunteers are required to participate actively in Barrow AFC and some committed people need to consider puttting themselves forward to be additional directors.
Trouble is that when you are faced with crisis management the focus is always going to be on the day-to-day survival issues and the medium and long-term are going to appear to be less urgent priorities. And so it continues.
The one bright spot is that there are now more groups of people involved in aspects of the club's life which, ultimately should ease the day-to-day load on what I would hope will become an extended board, allowing them to concentrate on a more strategic and managerial approach. To achieve this further volunteers are required to participate actively in Barrow AFC and some committed people need to consider puttting themselves forward to be additional directors.
THE NORTHERN WAY
- spirit of 1990
- BarrowAFC Veteran
- Posts: 9884
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 am
- Contact:
Re: New Manager
I think it's plain for all to see the difference Peter has made, trouble is he seems to be running up his own arse at present as he has that much on the go. Imagine another two or three people with his enthusiasm on the board.Hadrian wrote:and some committed people need to consider puttting themselves forward to be additional directors.
We didn't underestimate them, we just didn't think they were that good.
-
whitty1969
- Platinum Member
- Posts: 2937
- Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: New Manager
You are right ian, Get on it
We need more fans on the board.
Back to the manager thread. David Flitcroft sacked by Barnsley today, His No 2 is Micky Mellon who is in temp charge.
New Manager comes in, Micky Mellon now looking for a job ? What a coup that would be, Guess our budget would make him laugh though
Back to the manager thread. David Flitcroft sacked by Barnsley today, His No 2 is Micky Mellon who is in temp charge.
New Manager comes in, Micky Mellon now looking for a job ? What a coup that would be, Guess our budget would make him laugh though
Re: John Cornforth Manager
Wintergreen wrote:Posted by a brash new kid shootin from the hip and givin it all that (doin crab nipper motion)Bingo wrote:So has this guy been appointed or is this just another pointless new thread
I've told him once - I'm doing the spoof managerial announcements. Kids nowadays eh?
Spoof material indeed how very dare you!!
(Adjudicators, As my topic is Barrow football related surely it belongs with the other related posts not other stuff. Please could you oblige!)
Re: John Cornforth Manager
Mrs Bingo? Charlie's gonna get ya! 
Dave C
Keep asking questions, don't eat the bullshit!
Keep asking questions, don't eat the bullshit!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: DIXIE, Main Stand SeasonTct, MisterPleasant and 26 guests