Retained List

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
User avatar
chipmunx
Gold Member
Posts: 2290
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:16 am
Location: Fortress Holker Street
Contact:

Re: Retained List

Post by chipmunx » Sun May 15, 2022 5:24 pm

FanzoneFan wrote: ↑Sun May 15, 2022 12:45 pm Could Connor Brown be joining the back room staff ?
he's only 29 - so i doubt it.
(and yes I thought he was older too...)
Lancashire;- born and bred

askambluebird
Member
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Retained List

Post by askambluebird » Tue May 17, 2022 12:23 pm

Connor brown is still contracted untill the end of next season he signed it when he came back from furlough i was talking to him at the end of the Northampton game, saying I hope he stays and that’s what he replied
ALL BLUEBIRDS ARE BLUE!

Suffolk Blue
Platinum Member
Posts: 3807
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Retained List

Post by Suffolk Blue » Tue May 17, 2022 1:45 pm

Am pleased with that. No matter what his limitations he gives 100% whether winning or losing. Been played a bit too much this season but that’s not his fault.

User avatar
Sea Dog Sam
Bronze Member
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Retained List

Post by Sea Dog Sam » Sun May 22, 2022 2:08 pm

M6 BLUE wrote: ↑Sun May 15, 2022 10:49 am
blue nige wrote: ↑Sat May 14, 2022 9:19 am

we're not interested in your views you don't even support us !
Never said I did !!

But what I do is follow and comment on the fortunes and activities of a number of clubs in the areas I was born in and now live in basically Cumbria and Lancashire. In the season just ended I saw 4 Barrow games so i.m sorry if you feel people need to be a season ticket holder to post on here.

My history with Barrow actually goes back to I think it was 1976 when the "Barrow Boot Boys" came thru to Kendal and spent the afternoon spraying their blue tag all over the Parkside ground before a night match maybe some on here will remember it.
I heard about that when I was at school. Such a shame. Kendal's a lovely place. Probably some of the same louts (TMF - The Mindless Few) who wrecked the town of Woking back in the early 80s before and after our FA Trophy fixture.

You state you live in Cumbria and Lancashire. I hope you're not referring to Barrow with regard to the former?
Shiver Me Timbers

blue nige
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7129
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Location: Antarctica
Contact:

Re: Retained List

Post by blue nige » Sun May 22, 2022 3:21 pm

Sea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Sun May 22, 2022 2:08 pm
M6 BLUE wrote: ↑Sun May 15, 2022 10:49 am

Never said I did !!

But what I do is follow and comment on the fortunes and activities of a number of clubs in the areas I was born in and now live in basically Cumbria and Lancashire. In the season just ended I saw 4 Barrow games so i.m sorry if you feel people need to be a season ticket holder to post on here.

My history with Barrow actually goes back to I think it was 1976 when the "Barrow Boot Boys" came thru to Kendal and spent the afternoon spraying their blue tag all over the Parkside ground before a night match maybe some on here will remember it.
I heard about that when I was at school. Such a shame. Kendal's a lovely place. Probably some of the same louts (TMF - The Mindless Few) who wrecked the town of Woking back in the early 80s before and after our FA Trophy fixture.

You state you live in Cumbria and Lancashire. I hope you're not referring to Barrow with regard to the former?
You're so wrong the Tmf didn't exist when we played at Woking before you ask I was there!, the town wasn't wrecked either!

M6 BLUE
Member
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Retained List

Post by M6 BLUE » Tue May 24, 2022 2:11 pm

Sea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Sun May 22, 2022 2:08 pm
M6 BLUE wrote: ↑Sun May 15, 2022 10:49 am

Never said I did !!

But what I do is follow and comment on the fortunes and activities of a number of clubs in the areas I was born in and now live in basically Cumbria and Lancashire. In the season just ended I saw 4 Barrow games so i.m sorry if you feel people need to be a season ticket holder to post on here.

My history with Barrow actually goes back to I think it was 1976 when the "Barrow Boot Boys" came thru to Kendal and spent the afternoon spraying their blue tag all over the Parkside ground before a night match maybe some on here will remember it.
I heard about that when I was at school. Such a shame. Kendal's a lovely place. Probably some of the same louts (TMF - The Mindless Few) who wrecked the town of Woking back in the early 80s before and after our FA Trophy fixture.

You state you live in Cumbria and Lancashire. I hope you're not referring to Barrow with regard to the former?
Should have been a bit clearer I was born in Kendal and now live in East Lancashire having lived and worked all over the country for the last 30 years

Kendal was a great place to grow up everybody of the same age knew each other and some great battles between the two schools in fact one of the only time they came together was to follow Netherfield

User avatar
Sea Dog Sam
Bronze Member
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Retained List

Post by Sea Dog Sam » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:41 pm

blue nige wrote: ↑Sun May 22, 2022 3:21 pm
Sea Dog Sam wrote: ↑Sun May 22, 2022 2:08 pm

I heard about that when I was at school. Such a shame. Kendal's a lovely place. Probably some of the same louts (TMF - The Mindless Few) who wrecked the town of Woking back in the early 80s before and after our FA Trophy fixture.

You state you live in Cumbria and Lancashire. I hope you're not referring to Barrow with regard to the former?
You're so wrong the Tmf didn't exist when we played at Woking before you ask I was there!, the town wasn't wrecked either!
Didn't it? There is documentary evidence regarding Woking. One of the lads who used to travel to away games has a photo album of the scenes that took place and he also has a newspaper clipping from a Woking newspaper and many have seen it.

Arrests were also made - some were released on the day. Others were arrested in dawn raids. There was also court appearances for some of those arrested which took place at Clerkenwell Court, London.


I too was at the game and traveled by rail. Don't tell me I'm wrong.
I'm not sure if YOU'D know whether TMF existed or not, to be honest. ;)
Shiver Me Timbers

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests