Adam Johnson

For all things Barrow AFC. Keep discussions civil and fair, we're all Barrow aren't we!
saltcellar
Platinum Member
Posts: 2839
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 pm
Contact:

Adam Johnson

Post by saltcellar » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:42 pm

Adam Johnson showed great courage last night deciding to go ahead doing the commentary of the Forest Green v Barrow match despite learning his mother had died just before kick off.
I have to admit I shed some tears when I heard it announced on Radio Cumbria this morning.
I am sure if the players had known this they would have dedicated the win for Adam.
What a gem he is.

User avatar
Jeeby
Senior Member
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Adam Johnson

Post by Jeeby » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:45 pm

Didn't know that, my sincere condolences Adam, I'm sure that game was meant for you !!

Middleton Nick
Platinum Member
Posts: 3548
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am
Location: Middleton LA6 Remote
Contact:

Re: Adam Johnson

Post by Middleton Nick » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:50 pm

Sorry to hear that Adam. You did a great job as normal in the face of personal tragedy. It took a lot of courage.

pjdaly
Gold Member
Posts: 1632
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 6:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Adam Johnson

Post by pjdaly » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:53 pm

That's shocking to hear. Thank you very much, Adam, for all the inspirational work you do in commentating on Barrow AFC but, for now, deepest condolences and take care of yourself in this difficult time.

User avatar
AyrToBarra
Member
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:27 am
Location: Troon
Contact:

Re: Adam Johnson

Post by AyrToBarra » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:56 pm

Sorry to hear that news. I've really enjoyed his honest and insightful commentary on the games I've streamed this season.

User avatar
Cokey
Platinum Member
Posts: 3346
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:49 pm
Location: 7 minutes from greatness
Contact:

Re: Adam Johnson

Post by Cokey » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:17 pm

So sorry to hear this awful news, my thoughts are with you and your family Adam.

The amount of courage you showed last night was absolutely incredible, you should be massively proud of yourself.

I’ve been a fan of the club, often listening in to games when I can’t physically attend, for around 32 years. In all that time I can say you’re my favourite commentator. I love the fact you’re a supporter of the club and that passion always comes across during your commentary.

Thank you for all your hard work this season and hopefully in the many seasons to come. Once again, I’m so sorry for your loss, thinking of you mate.

Methuselah
Silver Member
Posts: 1372
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Adam Johnson

Post by Methuselah » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:19 pm

So sorry to hear about the loss of your mother.You decided to carry on with the commentary despite the way you must have been feeling.I would just like to thank you for your commentary over the season we have not been there and also to over you my sincere condolences .

Methuselah
Silver Member
Posts: 1372
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Adam Johnson

Post by Methuselah » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:19 pm

So sorry to hear about the loss of your mother.You decided to carry on with the commentary despite the way you must have been feeling.I would just like to thank you for your commentary over the season we have not been there and also to over you my sincere condolences .

User avatar
Adam29
BarrowAFC Veteran
Posts: 7290
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm
Location: Barrow-in-Furness
Contact:

Re: Adam Johnson

Post by Adam29 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:42 pm

Thank you everyone

It was the hardest
Most emotional commentary of my life and I never want to have to do it again

My mum was prouder than me of me having that job
I just couldn’t let her down 💙

Pedro
Platinum Member
Posts: 3487
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Re: Adam Johnson

Post by Pedro » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:47 pm

So sorry for your loss but she will be with you in so many ways,making you the person you are.
Thanks for your first class commentary for the season s.

User avatar
tommy2thumbs
Gold Member
Posts: 2471
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 12:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Adam Johnson

Post by tommy2thumbs » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:49 pm

Condolences Adam.
I noted the emotion in your voice at the end, but I thought it was the game.
Thoughts with you and your family.
La lucha continua...

Stu1
Senior Member
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:12 am
Contact:

Re: Adam Johnson

Post by Stu1 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:04 pm

👍

Sonofsam
Senior Member
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:46 am
Contact:

Re: Adam Johnson

Post by Sonofsam » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:08 pm

Sincere condolences adam you are a credit to your profession and your family i like all barrow fans are thinking of you at this sad time

Yanto
Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Adam Johnson

Post by Yanto » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:10 pm

Condolences on your loss Adam. It takes a lot of courage to do what you did last night. I'm sure your mother would have been proud of you.

Walneywanderer1979
Senior Member
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Adam Johnson

Post by Walneywanderer1979 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:35 pm

Condolences on your loss
:scarf:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bradders and 29 guests