Page 1 of 3
Adam Johnson
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:42 pm
by saltcellar
Adam Johnson showed great courage last night deciding to go ahead doing the commentary of the Forest Green v Barrow match despite learning his mother had died just before kick off.
I have to admit I shed some tears when I heard it announced on Radio Cumbria this morning.
I am sure if the players had known this they would have dedicated the win for Adam.
What a gem he is.
Re: Adam Johnson
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:45 pm
by Jeeby
Didn't know that, my sincere condolences Adam, I'm sure that game was meant for you !!
Re: Adam Johnson
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:50 pm
by Middleton Nick
Sorry to hear that Adam. You did a great job as normal in the face of personal tragedy. It took a lot of courage.
Re: Adam Johnson
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:53 pm
by pjdaly
That's shocking to hear. Thank you very much, Adam, for all the inspirational work you do in commentating on Barrow AFC but, for now, deepest condolences and take care of yourself in this difficult time.
Re: Adam Johnson
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:56 pm
by AyrToBarra
Sorry to hear that news. I've really enjoyed his honest and insightful commentary on the games I've streamed this season.
Re: Adam Johnson
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:17 pm
by Cokey
So sorry to hear this awful news, my thoughts are with you and your family Adam.
The amount of courage you showed last night was absolutely incredible, you should be massively proud of yourself.
I’ve been a fan of the club, often listening in to games when I can’t physically attend, for around 32 years. In all that time I can say you’re my favourite commentator. I love the fact you’re a supporter of the club and that passion always comes across during your commentary.
Thank you for all your hard work this season and hopefully in the many seasons to come. Once again, I’m so sorry for your loss, thinking of you mate.
Re: Adam Johnson
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:19 pm
by Methuselah
So sorry to hear about the loss of your mother.You decided to carry on with the commentary despite the way you must have been feeling.I would just like to thank you for your commentary over the season we have not been there and also to over you my sincere condolences .
Re: Adam Johnson
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:19 pm
by Methuselah
So sorry to hear about the loss of your mother.You decided to carry on with the commentary despite the way you must have been feeling.I would just like to thank you for your commentary over the season we have not been there and also to over you my sincere condolences .
Re: Adam Johnson
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:42 pm
by Adam29
Thank you everyone
It was the hardest
Most emotional commentary of my life and I never want to have to do it again
My mum was prouder than me of me having that job
I just couldn’t let her down

Re: Adam Johnson
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:47 pm
by Pedro
So sorry for your loss but she will be with you in so many ways,making you the person you are.
Thanks for your first class commentary for the season s.
Re: Adam Johnson
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:49 pm
by tommy2thumbs
Condolences Adam.
I noted the emotion in your voice at the end, but I thought it was the game.
Thoughts with you and your family.
Re: Adam Johnson
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:04 pm
by Stu1
Re: Adam Johnson
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:08 pm
by Sonofsam
Sincere condolences adam you are a credit to your profession and your family i like all barrow fans are thinking of you at this sad time
Re: Adam Johnson
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:10 pm
by Yanto
Condolences on your loss Adam. It takes a lot of courage to do what you did last night. I'm sure your mother would have been proud of you.
Re: Adam Johnson
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:35 pm
by Walneywanderer1979
Condolences on your loss