Search found 12 matches

by Shakespeare
Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:03 pm
Forum: Match Thread Archives
Topic: 17/18 VNL - Barrow 1 - 1 Torquay Utd
Replies: 158
Views: 32141

Re: Barrow v Torquay match thread

:scarf: What's wrong with the PA system? It sounds as if Darren has been after a job as a railway announcer. Sat in the stand and couldn't understand the half time scores.
by Shakespeare
Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:55 pm
Forum: Barrow AFC
Topic: Turnstiles
Replies: 42
Views: 8430

Re: Turnstiles

Actually that's not a bad idea because really the stewards are only needed, if ever, during a match. Although if someone is prepared to volunteer to do a turnstile then you wouldn't, of course, take a steward away from their normal duties.
by Shakespeare
Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:47 am
Forum: Barrow AFC
Topic: Turnstiles
Replies: 42
Views: 8430

Re: Turnstiles

It's the home supporters entrance on the stand side that I'm talking about.
by Shakespeare
Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:29 am
Forum: Barrow AFC
Topic: Turnstiles
Replies: 42
Views: 8430

Re: Turnstiles

The Real Slim a former member of this forum. I'll pass your message on to everyone else who uses that entrance. Boyliegladbach. You think that standing in the queue at 2.35 was arriving late? What about the 50+ people in front of me? They arrived late as well? Holkerbird. How can you volunteer to op...
by Shakespeare
Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:59 pm
Forum: Barrow AFC
Topic: Barrow v Tranmere match thread
Replies: 144
Views: 74755

Re: Barrow v Tranmere match thread

I apologise if anyone else has raised this but I haven't read all the posts.

Why were no Tranmere players, particularly the Tranmere goalkeeper, shown a card for their actions before and after the Walker penalty?
by Shakespeare
Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:46 pm
Forum: Barrow AFC
Topic: Turnstiles
Replies: 42
Views: 8430

Re: Turnstiles

Everything but not Shakespeare. But I have been around since the 16th century. Ian Rainford said he would mention it to Pail Casson so hopefully something might be done before the start of the 2016/7. Hopefully we will get better results which will mean better gates. But fans have to be able to get ...
by Shakespeare
Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:52 pm
Forum: Barrow AFC
Topic: Turnstiles
Replies: 42
Views: 8430

Turnstiles

Nightmares usually last longer than six minutes but not today but there is another issue. Two turnstiles for away supporters and only one for home supporters. After being in the queue at 2.40 I managed to get in seconds before kick off but there must still have been about 100 home fans behind me wai...
by Shakespeare
Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:30 pm
Forum: Barrow AFC
Topic: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread
Replies: 118
Views: 31108

Re: Barrow vs Dover - Match thread

The second goal was how football should be played - on the ground. Not hoofing balls 50 feet in the air (like last season) and headers going nowhere in a nice arc (although Dover matched us in that department.) When we keep the ball on the ground we look good and play well although too many mistakes...
by Shakespeare
Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:04 am
Forum: Barrow AFC
Topic: Can we win at Worcester Now and predictions
Replies: 40
Views: 9961

Re: Can we win at Worcester Now and predictions

I think we have to forget about goal difference because I can't see us scoring 12 more goals than Fylde by the end of the season (like to be proved wrong of course). As for Worcester I will be happy if we win by the odd goal. Anything else would be a bonus. If we play like we can play and do it for ...
by Shakespeare
Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:54 am
Forum: Barrow AFC
Topic: New Messiah
Replies: 28
Views: 7006

Re: New Messiah

A good fan supports their club in the bad times as well as the good. It isn't very enjoyable when my mate and I watch another awful demonstration by whatever players are in the team that day. We moan to each other but we still go. It isn't enjoyable listening to Alex on the radio(when A/M) admitting...
by Shakespeare
Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:51 am
Forum: Barrow AFC
Topic: A Call to Arms (so to speak)
Replies: 20
Views: 6039

Re: A Call to Arms (so to speak)

I don't know if he is the same Graham Chapman who was active with the FYT in the 60's (if he is he'll know what I mean) then he is someone I haven't seen or heard of for donkeys years. Met someone else recently who I didn't know was a Bluebirds supporter because we watch from opposite ends of the st...
by Shakespeare
Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:52 pm
Forum: Barrow AFC
Topic: Barrow V Tamworth
Replies: 64
Views: 19079

Re: Barrow V Tamworth

How good it was to see Danny Hurst selected as man of the match last saturday. Thoroughly deserved. It has always seemed to me that the selection is biased towards outfield players and although most of the time this is justified I feel that sometimes the goalkeeper is over looked. The team is starti...